Expected REs in august

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JNeffLind

01 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:There are at least 5 new synths coming out soon
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pLansford

01 Aug 2015

JNeffLind wrote:
Noel G. wrote:FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want what he's having. :)

riemac

01 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
Noel G. wrote:There are at least 5 new synths coming out soon and 2 will have Reasonistas song challenges.

One looks like this (yes blurry and all until you put your mouse over each section).
Did you hack my computer Noel? >:C
The patch of the synth is called "candy shop EX". This means, that Exode has programmed the factory presets.
Synapse antidode has a lot of Exode patches, does that mean, this is a new Synapse synth?
The sound example also sounds a lot like dune2...

EnochLight

01 Aug 2015

A guy can dream... ;)

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

alex

01 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:A guy can dream... ;)
For a sec you made me think it was true... Please don't do that... :lol:
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

decibel

01 Aug 2015

i wonder what quadelectra has been up too lately ? (*apart from the drum modules)

Faastwalker

01 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:This one will be a first in the Reason Rack, but not this developer's first or last device. More details in due course.

There's a CIA tool for that ;)

I remember the time JP posted up a blurred image of one of his 'secret' upcoming RE's. A short time later someone posted a de-blurred version.

Looking forward to seeing more of these. Very intriguing.

riemac

02 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:This one will be a first in the Reason Rack, but not this developer's first or last device. More details in due course.
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 2.56.37 PM.jpg
Is this a synth or an effect? I ask, because it is not very high and I think I can see a bypass switch.

riemac

02 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:There are at least 5 new synths coming out soon and 2 will have Reasonistas song challenges.

One looks like this (yes blurry and all until you put your mouse over each section).
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 12.48.17 PM.jpg
I'm wondering about the purple colored letters of the synth picture... when you look in the shop there are two devs with purple, they are Hamu and WIZ-AUDIO.

The [V]erge!

03 Aug 2015

5 New Synths!! What genres are they geared for as in what would they be most commonly used for? I'm still waiting on another heavy trance producing synth.

On another note is U-He not going to be creating new REs until the SDK is portable with their devices?

Thanks
Jon

riemac

03 Aug 2015

The [V]erge! wrote:5 New Synths!! What genres are they geared for as in what would they be most commonly used for? I'm still waiting on another heavy trance producing synth.

On another note is U-He not going to be creating new REs until the SDK is portable with their devices?

Thanks
Jon
I'm hoping for a trance synth as well. Somthing with a very good supersaw, which is as good as sylenth, spire or hive.
At the moment antidote is the only synth in reason which can do this, but the detuning curve isn't right for every thing.

I don't think, that U-he is doing a RE-synth at the moment, I would be the first to buy it.

joeyluck

03 Aug 2015

riemac wrote:
The [V]erge! wrote:5 New Synths!! What genres are they geared for as in what would they be most commonly used for? I'm still waiting on another heavy trance producing synth.

Thanks
Jon
I'm hoping for a trance synth as well. Somthing with a very good supersaw, which is as good as sylenth, spire or hive.
At the moment antidote is the only synth in reason which can do this, but the detuning curve isn't right for every thing.

I don't think, that U-he is doing a RE-synth at the moment, I would be the first to buy it.
Isn't Predator extremely well at achieving supersaw sound?

EnochLight

03 Aug 2015

The [V]erge! wrote: On another note is U-He not going to be creating new REs until the SDK is portable with their devices?
Portable? Or do you mean compatible? The Rack Extension SDK now supports a feature that Urs/U-He was requesting a long time ago, but I have no idea if that was the only thing he wanted (or if the depth in which Propellerhead implemented it satisfies his requirement).

Be that as it may, Urs has also said that they currently don't employ anyone savvy with the Rack Extension SDK, and he has no desire to commit new resources to it since it would take away from his VST/AU/AAX dev time - which is the bulk of his company revenue. His Uhbik RE stuff didn't sell well enough to justify the investment apparently.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tronam

03 Aug 2015

It probably would've helped if U-He had started off creating an RE that is representative of what they're known for in the first place (i.e. synths). Synapse was very smart by hitting the ground running with Antidote and that was even SDK1. I suspect that investment has paid for itself many times over by now, on multiple levels. It also left a very positive impression on the Reason community.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

riemac

04 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
riemac wrote:

Thanks
Jon

Isn't Predator extremely well at achieving supersaw sound?

Don't understand me wrong, Predator is one of the best and deepest virtual analog synths Reason has to offer, but it isn't good for supersaw sounds.
That is because you can't stack up the oscillators in Predator like in Antidote. In Predator there is the "Spread" knob in the OSC section, but it is only detuning 2 saw waves. Then there is the "unison" with the new stereo spread, which is affecting/duplicating all voices and filters. The problem with the unison is, that it has this annoying "poing" attacksound, because the unison voices are all triggered at the same time. A supersaw needs all oscillators to be freerunning. The second problem with the unison is, that because it dublicates every voice/Filter/ENV not only the OSC's it is very CPU heavy.

I hope, that Rob will implement an OSC stack with selectable numbers of voices detune amount and spread like in Sylenth in a next version.
I guess then Predator would be again one of the best synths out there, which could compete with all the modern EDM synths.

Spryx

04 Aug 2015

riemac wrote: Don't understand me wrong, Predator is one of the best and deepest virtual analog synths Reason has to offer, but it isn't good for supersaw sounds.
That is because you can't stack up the oscillators in Predator like in Antidote. In Predator there is the "Spread" knob in the OSC section, but it is only detuning 2 saw waves. Then there is the "unison" with the new stereo spread, which is affecting/duplicating all voices and filters. The problem with the unison is, that it has this annoying "poing" attacksound, because the unison voices are all triggered at the same time. A supersaw needs all oscillators to be freerunning. The second problem with the unison is, that because it dublicates every voice/Filter/ENV not only the OSC's it is very CPU heavy.

I hope, that Rob will implement an OSC stack with selectable numbers of voices detune amount and spread like in Sylenth in a next version.
I guess then Predator would be again one of the best synths out there, which could compete with all the modern EDM synths.

I'm glad someone else mentioned this. I always thought unison in Predator sounded awful compared to other synths. I love Predator, but I can never get a thick sawtooth quite right with it. Antidote is great for this. Try creating Antidote's default pad sound with Predator....it will drive you mad.
latest:

tiker01

05 Aug 2015

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 2.56.37 PM.jpg

Looks interesting. Is this an Instrument an FX or a Utility device?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

decibel

06 Aug 2015

stumbled across redrocks page on facebook and noticed this, i wonder how close they are to the finish line ?
Attachments
00 red rock.jpg
00 red rock.jpg (95.51 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Faastwalker

06 Aug 2015

decibel wrote:stumbled across redrocks page on facebook and noticed this, i wonder how close they are to the finish line ?
Is this not the image that appeared some time ago? I didn't think we'd heard anything about this for some time now. Very interested to see more though. Ivoks is really good so I'm anxious to see a new RedRock synth RE.

decibel

06 Aug 2015

Faastwalker wrote:
decibel wrote:stumbled across redrocks page on facebook and noticed this, i wonder how close they are to the finish line ?
Is this not the image that appeared some time ago? I didn't think we'd heard anything about this for some time now. Very interested to see more though. Ivoks is really good so I'm anxious to see a new RedRock synth RE.
possibly ? i've never seen it untill now, it seems that they have been tinkering with it for a quite a while so no doubt its going to be fairly decent though ;) will probably be buy on sight

Reasonistas
RE Developer

07 Aug 2015

This one is coming soon, very soon! Only partial image allowed at this time, but you can learn something new with this one.
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.58.50 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 8.58.50 PM.jpg (244.45 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
Last edited by Reasonistas on 07 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Spryx

07 Aug 2015

That mod matrix looks an awful lot like Sytrus... i'm sure its not...but perhaps a nice FM synth? 6OP, 2FLT

If someone does develop a Sytrus-inspired synth for reason...pineapple is the perfect name...
latest:

ScuzzyEye

07 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:This one is coming soon, very soon! Only partial image allowed at this time, but you can learn something new with this one.
"Matrix" is written in the same font that Deadman Audio Devices uses.

Don't think it is an FM synth, because there wouldn't be a switch for FM, as FM synths are always FM. There's also RM (Ring Mod), so it's likely the matrix can be modulated at audio rate in frequency and/or amplitude.

joeyluck

08 Aug 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:
Noel G. wrote:This one is coming soon, very soon! Only partial image allowed at this time, but you can learn something new with this one.
"Matrix" is written in the same font that Deadman Audio Devices uses.

Don't think it is an FM synth, because there wouldn't be a switch for FM, as FM synths are always FM. There's also RM (Ring Mod), so it's likely the matrix can be modulated at audio rate in frequency and/or amplitude.
If it's a device by them, you can count on it having the dumbest name! Lol
But hard to go just off of that font (especially since it looks like they usually use all caps). Who knows!

eXode

08 Aug 2015

Here's another demo teaser track. All instrument/synth sounds (not drums) are from this RE. :)

• Information