Expected REs in august

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JNeffLind

17 Aug 2015

Arsenic wrote:
As for the sound, so far I've not heard anything that particularly impresses me in any of the demo tracks. Nothing that screams "buy me, buy me". Will have a look when it's released, but based on what I've heard so far, I think my money is safe.
Unfortunately, I agree with this. Doesn't sound bad by any means, but doesn't sound like anything new. Having laid out a bunch of money recently on REs, it's going to take something special to spur my next purchase. Being more a preset guy than a programmer, I don't expect to be getting this. Will give it a chance though.

Mmj85

17 Aug 2015

TheMiles wrote:The pic of the GUI appears to be low res.. maybe a screenshot from the video ?
You are correct, I took a screen shot while the video was playing so expect the device to be clear looking and with higher res upon its released. :-)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

18 Aug 2015

Arsenic wrote:As for the sound, so far I've not heard anything that particularly impresses me in any of the demo tracks. Nothing that screams "buy me, buy me". Will have a look when it's released, but based on what I've heard so far, I think my money is safe.
I think it's no problem with the synth itself but with the soundprogramming. Pure sawtooth with just a tiny little pinch of filter sweep... that's nothing to show the full potential of a synth.

Arsenic

18 Aug 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: I think it's no problem with the synth itself but with the soundprogramming. Pure sawtooth with just a tiny little pinch of filter sweep... that's nothing to show the full potential of a synth.
True, but I would have expected them to use sounds in the videos to really show off what it can do - not the rather ordinary and somewhat uninspiring sounds that they did use. If it has strengths in a particular area, I would have thought that they would have been showcased. Time will tell, I guess.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

18 Aug 2015

Arsenic wrote:
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: I think it's no problem with the synth itself but with the soundprogramming. Pure sawtooth with just a tiny little pinch of filter sweep... that's nothing to show the full potential of a synth.
True, but I would have expected them to use sounds in the videos to really show off what it can do - not the rather ordinary and somewhat uninspiring sounds that they did use. If it has strengths in a particular area, I would have thought that they would have been showcased. Time will tell, I guess.
Yep, that's exactly what I liked to say :) . These videos lack of signature sounds!

Exowildebeest

18 Aug 2015

Dance FX 21

20 Aug 2015

What about the filter crossover feature? That seems new. Not in a position to try it ATM, but my guess it that instead of cross fading with amplitude, it's done with filters instead - if so, that sounds cool. Also, the visual CV inputs - they also seem new...

About the GUI, I think it's the oscillator section that lets the rest of the interface down - the wave selectors could be a tiny bit smaller to balance the appearance. However, those octave knobs need to be the same size - that IMO looks bad ATM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoshuaPhilgarlic

20 Aug 2015

Dance FX 21 wrote:About the GUI, I think it's the oscillator section that lets the rest of the interface down - the wave selectors could be a tiny bit smaller to balance the appearance. However, those octave knobs need to be the same size - that IMO looks bad ATM.
Well, the Oscillator section looks pretty ugly, I agree - BUT did you see those tiny little 'Bands' knobs in Osc 2? They are meant to detune every single waveform of said oscillator, and that's a pretty cool feature. Never seen this before.

Dance FX 21

20 Aug 2015

Looks interesting indeed and worth a try - btw, that second octave selector could be dropped altogether - is there a real need for it? Maybe just have a midi and CV input for it instead...

eXode

20 Aug 2015

Dance FX 21 wrote:Looks interesting indeed and worth a try - btw, that second octave selector could be dropped altogether - is there a real need for it? Maybe just have a midi and CV input for it instead...

Different tastes and needs. I prefer having both octave selectors as they provide for quick octave tuning.

Dance FX 21

20 Aug 2015

@ Exode: Guess any synth has to appeal to the broadest range of needs possible - in the end of the day, it's how it sounds. The more one looks at this RE, the less conventional and more innovative it gets. Good positive reception too. Worth a try me thinks...

BTW, I remember you on the props music forum a decade back....

eXode

20 Aug 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
Dance FX 21 wrote:About the GUI, I think it's the oscillator section that lets the rest of the interface down - the wave selectors could be a tiny bit smaller to balance the appearance. However, those octave knobs need to be the same size - that IMO looks bad ATM.
Well, the Oscillator section looks pretty ugly, I agree - BUT did you see those tiny little 'Bands' knobs in Osc 2? They are meant to detune every single waveform of said oscillator, and that's a pretty cool feature. Never seen this before.
Yes, it means you could tune them in intervals for creating chords, but also i.e. tune a sawtooth one octave above either square or triangle, to have the latter behave as a sub oct/osc. It's cool! :)

eXode

20 Aug 2015

Dance FX 21 wrote:@ Exode: BTW, I remember you on the props music forum a decade back...
Time flies eh? :)

Dance FX 21

20 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
Dance FX 21 wrote:@ Exode: BTW, I remember you on the props music forum a decade back...
Time flies eh? :)
Indeed...

Have the Red 70 and the sound.... WWWOOOWWW!!!
That's not to mention the possibilities with LFOs and I haven't even tried the Filter X yet...

This is fun!

riemac

23 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:Here is another sound demo.

The reverb in this demo is it a reverb from the new synth or is it an external fx? It sound realy good.
By the way any news when this will come out or any other news ;-)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Aug 2015

riemac wrote:
Noel G. wrote:Here is another sound demo.

The reverb in this demo is it a reverb from the new synth or is it an external fx? It sound realy good.
By the way any news when this will come out or any other news ;-)
Yes, the reverb is from the synth. It is scheduled for release next week.
ImageImageImage

• Information