Expected REs in august

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
riemac

11 Aug 2015

For me thats no problem. Better to get some info out of the teasing than no info at all.
And I like to guess what the new devices could be.
Please keep the teasing up ;-)

-Rkn-

11 Aug 2015

riemac wrote:Please keep the teasing up ;-)
as far as i'm concerned it's not about teasing or not teasing, it's only about that every new synth re gets hyped by always the same few guys here.

its always the same and as soon as the re is released the hype is over, sometimes even earlier because another synth re was announced, to me this is just ridiculous.

Gaja

11 Aug 2015

Rkn I think I understand your pov. But, and to me this one is really important, hype means fun. Fun often evokes creativity, and seems to be really useful in pretty much anything you do. So to me the hype itself is a good thing, when it's fun. The expectation that arises on the other hand can easily spoil the fun, as soon as the device is released.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

-Rkn- wrote:
as far as i'm concerned it's not about teasing or not teasing, it's only about that every new synth re gets hyped by always the same few guys here.

its always the same and as soon as the re is released the hype is over, sometimes even earlier because another synth re was announced, to me this is just ridiculous.
Okay, I think we got it now. Thanks.
ImageImageImage

gak

11 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:
-Rkn- wrote:

Okay, I think we got it now. Thanks.
:lol:

joeyluck

11 Aug 2015

Without further ado...

I present to you -Rkn-'s next response!

Here's just a taste, but believe me...it's a good one! :D
rkn.png
rkn.png (92.15 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

ebop

11 Aug 2015

Classic :lol:

I think I see a smiley but I'm not sure if it's a happy smiley or a sad smiley. Too blurry :roll:

joeyluck

11 Aug 2015

ebop wrote:Classic :lol:

I think I see a smiley but I'm not sure if it's a happy smiley or a sad smiley. Too blurry :roll:
Wish I could say.
All I know is I've been spending the past few weeks reading the comment and it is unlike any comment the forum has ever seen!
I can't stop reading it! Y'all are in for a treat! But now that I have your attention... Feel free to ask me questions that I am unable to answer at this time :P
Getting permission just to publish the username of the comment was a huge deal and an exception to the new teasing standards.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
ebop wrote:Classic :lol:

Wish I could say.
All I know is I've been spending the past few weeks reading the comment and it is unlike any comment the forum has ever seen!
I can't stop reading it! Y'all are in for a treat! But now that I have your attention... Feel free to ask me questions that I am unable to answer at this time :P
Getting permission just to publish the username of the comment was a huge deal and an exception to the new teasing standards.
I see what you did there.
ImageImageImage

challism

11 Aug 2015

-Rkn- wrote:

Well, Zvork's Oberon has been out for a while and I would gladly still hype it up. It's a fantastic synth. I love that thing. It's amazing. I love how you can draw in your custom settings for the filters, the oscillator waves, the mods, the amp, the bend and the morph. It's basically only limited by your imagination. I think it's a must have!

How is that for continued hype?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Biolumin3sc3nt

12 Aug 2015

Off topic but, has anyone asked U-HE about why the Uhbik bundle is $199 for RE, and Vst/Au/rtas etc is $149? I still really liked the plugs when I demoed em! Does the Ambience/Verb one still have the sample rate bug?

frog974new

12 Aug 2015

challism wrote:
-Rkn- wrote:

Well, Zvork's Oberon has been out for a while and I would gladly still hype it up. It's a fantastic synth. I love that thing. It's amazing. I love how you can draw in your custom settings for the filters, the oscillator waves, the mods, the amp, the bend and the morph. It's basically only limited by your imagination. I think it's a must have!

How is that for continued hype?
Oberon and Vecto , those 2 synth are in my wishlist , take it soon .
the hype its a great way to keep us involveld in music ^^ , like it .
the only bad thing ..during the hype some good Re are occulted .. last month Letric Panda sorted the amazing Propulsing drum sequencer , but its seems not on spotlights like as a Oberon or a Vecto :(

gak

12 Aug 2015

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:Off topic but, has anyone asked U-HE about why the Uhbik bundle is $199 for RE, and Vst/Au/rtas etc is $149? I still really liked the plugs when I demoed em! Does the Ambience/Verb one still have the sample rate bug?
in order:

don't know
u-he is a GREAT vst/au company
I've heard rumblings about bugs and how he/they have abandoned RE's, but I don't have concrete proof (someone will though)

Gaja

13 Aug 2015

U-He was really angry about REs not supporting his style of coding (some optimization stuff, don't remember what it was), which made his REs incredibly inefficient. Then they let go of te dude who coded the REs so now they have a bunch of REs and no one who knows how to deal with the SDK. So now after props have equipped the
SDK with Uhes favourite features, nobody is there to optimize the REs. At least that what I've gathered. Son't take my words for gospel please.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

13 Aug 2015

That actually makes sense though.

Still, it's weird when a product in reason doesn't work right and they know it. The GEQ7 has this really strange bug that someone pointed out (confirmed crash) and Synapse is kinda tough to get to take it right, but luckily for me, it's something I'd never actually do in a song (and there are workarounds even if you wanted to)

Mmj85

16 Aug 2015

RED 70 Sythesizer From RED ROCK
Found this on youtube.. Its on its way! :)

Link 4 Overview Video:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 12.37.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 12.37.12 PM.png (743.09 KiB) Viewed 2168 times

pjeudy

16 Aug 2015

I'm glad that Red Rock will have a second synth for the Rack Extension format. But for my self, I'm getting more into instruments/developers who decide to push the envelope a little bit more, Like what Zvork did with OBERON, and other instruments like QUAD,VECTO and others etc....

I will see what cool things that Red Rocks Red 70 synth can do well that may not be easy with other synths, but my impression for now from the video is that this synth for lack of a better term is a (basic straight forward OSC,FILTER,LFO synth) with the expected Modulation Routings. Nothing wrong with that in theory, but REASON is a synth head heaven so many to choose from, and my preliminary impression from this video doesn't seem to grab me in anyway,the features sets are more or less the standard, Maybe it's me, I'm opened to be corrected, I might be neglecting some key features of this instrument.
I don't expect every one to be like ZVORK, but I was expecting a little more. Other then the love that I have for this very good developer.Till I get my hands it I wont really know.

I have REASON opened and loaded Ivocks...and that synth OSC seems to sound Phater and powerful then RED 70. But of course I only have the YouTube compressed video to compare with :-) Time will tell.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

16 Aug 2015

I agree with you here, Pjeudy. I was waiting for this one as I'm quite happy with their Ivoks...
And I'm glad they reacted to the suggestion of having multiple waveforms per oscillator available...
But so far, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the sound of it...

Here's another 2 videos that sound a bit more interesting:

Still a bit flat sounding to my ears though... Will still test it out when it comes out...

D.

Faastwalker

17 Aug 2015

Mmj85 wrote:RED 70 Sythesizer From RED ROCK

Link 4 Overview Video:
The GUI is not up to their usual standards. It looks a bit odd to me. Their previous GUI's have mostly rocked. This one looks like it's been done by someone else & not the usual GUI guy (or girl).

Lrbatiste

17 Aug 2015

Honestly, I think the first developer to make a ROMpler than can compete with the VST ROMplers on the market will make more money than they could imagine off this format (REs). Think about it, how many more synths do we need. I think we have that area pretty well covered. One synth over the other is starting to bold down to presets. We need the "modern sound" in Reason with relatively low tweaking required. I love reason, it's my weapon of choice but it sure wold be nice to load up a ROMpler and not have to put on my white lab coat to coax a sound out of a synth.

Mmj85

17 Aug 2015

Faastwalker wrote:
Mmj85 wrote:RED 70 Sythesizer From RED ROCK

Link 4 Overview Video:
The GUI is not up to their usual standards. It looks a bit odd to me. Their previous GUI's have mostly rocked. This one looks like it's been done by someone else & not the usual GUI guy (or girl).

Great observation. You’re probably right about RedRock and this new GUI. The design is so different from their previous RE’s. One thing I can say about the RED70 is that I am loving the RED color scheme. Is there a new designer working for them perhaps? :idea:
The MOD Cv1 & Cv2 are like two mini Scope displays; this is something that I always wanted built in on a RE Synthesizer. :)

Theo.M

17 Aug 2015

red rock gui looks good to me.. may not be "gorgeous" as such but it;'s very easy to program - it looks very ergonomic IMO. Problem is the sound in the video was nothing special, so hopefully there's a lot more to it in reality.

Arsenic

17 Aug 2015

There is something about that RED70 GUI that just doesn't look right to me - I don't know, it looks really flat. Flatter than usual? Too flat? The graphic definition of the knobs and sliders also seems a little lower than usual. They look kinda fuzzy to me. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the hue of the red either. It's a bit harsh and makes me wonder whether using it for any length of time be a bit of a strain on the eyes. Overall, I think Ivoks looks far, far better.

As for the sound, so far I've not heard anything that particularly impresses me in any of the demo tracks. Nothing that screams "buy me, buy me". Will have a look when it's released, but based on what I've heard so far, I think my money is safe.
Last edited by Arsenic on 17 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

TheMiles

17 Aug 2015

The pic of the GUI appears to be low res.. maybe a screenshot from the video ?

Arsenic

17 Aug 2015

TheMiles wrote:The pic of the GUI appears to be low res.. maybe a screenshot from the video ?
True, it maybe from the video, but the whole thing still looks weirdly flat. I guess we'll see.
Last edited by Arsenic on 18 Aug 2015, edited 2 times in total.

• Information