Expected REs in august

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

10 Aug 2015

-Rkn- wrote:we all know that most of these re's are not worth any hype
Really? I'd counter that Papen's Vecto, Zvork's Oberon, Ochen K's soon to be released new synth and the mystery synth being alluded to earlier are certainly worthy of the hype. But hey, that's just my perspective. All of these are offering things Reasoners simply did not have before them. If that's not worthy of hype, then I don't know what is.

Many of the RE utilities (cv, cv, and more cv) I'll happily agree with you, though. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Exowildebeest

10 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Many of the RE utilities (cv, cv, and more cv) I'll happily agree with you, though. ;)
But those aren't (over)hyped in the first place - they're just there, and discovered and appreciated by many, some or a few.

Tincture

10 Aug 2015

I like all the hype :) Keeps things interesting... so long as you have the wits to make your own decision I don't see the harm. Took quality time with Driver for the 1st time really over the weekend... :o :thumbs_up: boy can it make some interesting sounds...

...it's the pad that starts at 0.09 with pitch modulation then switches to saw osc for euphoric chord loveliness :)

Last edited by Tincture on 10 Aug 2015, edited 2 times in total.

tronam

10 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Really? I'd counter that Papen's Vecto, Zvork's Oberon, Ochen K's soon to be released new synth and the mystery synth being alluded to earlier are certainly worthy of the hype. But hey, that's just my perspective. All of these are offering things Reasoners simply did not have before them. If that's not worthy of hype, then I don't know what is.

That depends. I love Note Recorder. :puf_smile:
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

gak

10 Aug 2015

Look, here's how it is :mrgreen:

People love them new stuff. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT STOP B....ING ABOUT IT :P I'm JONESING!

I love supporting the industry, though I most certainly wasn't bored with reason, in the last two weeks I've learned to appreciate it even more and there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

-Rkn-

11 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:Really? I'd counter that Papen's Vecto, Zvork's Oberon, Ochen K's soon to be released new synth and the mystery synth being alluded to earlier are certainly worthy of the hype. But hey, that's just my perspective.
yes really. ;)

btw rob papen is one of the few developers where i can understand the hype when a new synth re is announced even if i am personally not interested in any of his stuff so far.

Ocean of Waves

11 Aug 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:I think I'm finished with the GUI for MS-34. Here's what version 1.1.0 (1.0 is unreleased) is looking like now:
MS-34_110.png
There's one last thing I want to code up, and I need to import the meter code from the SU-27, because honestly the meter I originally wrote for version 1.0 is rubbish. ;) I'll likely be submitting it (again) for approval (pending the Props return from holiday) on Monday.
Nobody talks about this one, but I'm more interested in these kinds of small quirky synths.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

-Rkn- wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Really? I'd counter that Papen's Vecto, Zvork's Oberon, Ochen K's soon to be released new synth and the mystery synth being alluded to earlier are certainly worthy of the hype. But hey, that's just my perspective.
yes really. ;)

btw rob papen is one of the few developers where i can understand the hype when a new synth re is announced even if i am personally not interested in any of his stuff so far.
Joy is nowhere to be found.... :puf_smile:
image.jpg
image.jpg (105.8 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
ImageImageImage

-Rkn-

11 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:Joy is nowhere to be found...
:roll:

Morphic1977

11 Aug 2015

Hype is good, but only until certain time towards release of a product. Stretching nerves of customers too long can lead to the opposite effect, like loosing patience, etc. In other words, do not hesitate to upload complete pictures of those so called great devices :-) Posting just 20% of the image is not fun at all.
:reason: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: :refill:

Nektar Panorama P4, Many of REs and couple of refills...

X1Lo

11 Aug 2015

Breach The Sky wrote:Reading this thread, seeing Exode and Noel hinting between each other, i have come to suspect this "mystery synth" to be the work of Exode himself. Then again, I might be totally wrong. I would be really cool though!
I found a thread started by Exode while sifting through the plugin development subforum on KVR the other day titled "Q: Efficient "unison" oscillator with stereo spread?"...
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

eXode

11 Aug 2015

X1Lo wrote:
Breach The Sky wrote:Reading this thread, seeing Exode and Noel hinting between each other, i have come to suspect this "mystery synth" to be the work of Exode himself. Then again, I might be totally wrong. I would be really cool though!
I found a thread started by Exode while sifting through the plugin development subforum on KVR the other day titled "Q: Efficient "unison" oscillator with stereo spread?"...
Sorry to disappoint you. Yes I started that thread in KVR as I'm quite interested in the theories surrounding programming, but I couldn't code if my life depended on it. I agree that it would have been really cool though! :)

EnochLight

11 Aug 2015

-Rkn- wrote:
yes really. ;)

Perhaps you're just not a fan of synthesizers in general?
Noel G. wrote: Joy is nowhere to be found.... :puf_smile:
image.jpg
:D :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Breach The Sky

11 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
X1Lo wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you. Yes I started that thread in KVR as I'm quite interested in the theories surrounding programming, but I couldn't code if my life depended on it. I agree that it would have been really cool though! :)
Ah, ok. I know you are credited for "concept " at the back of Antidote, wouldn't have been entirely impossible you partnered up with someone to realize another concept I figured.

Regardless, I bet it's a pretty awesome synth, right? ;)

-Rkn-

11 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:Perhaps you're just not a fan of synthesizers in general?
oh i am big fan of synthesizers but does this mean i have to hype every new synth re? no this level of fanboyism i will never reach.

in german i would say "was für ein Kindergarten".

in case of rob papen re's, i just don't like the gui of most of his synths, a matter of taste i think.

cheers. ;)

btw. lots of joy here with px7, parsec and tres... don't forget thor, malström and subtractor which we all have already in the rack.
Last edited by -Rkn- on 11 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

X1Lo

11 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
X1Lo wrote:
Awww bummer. A synth with pitch shifted unison sounded pretty cool to me.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

joeyluck

11 Aug 2015

Well Rob Papen doesn't tease his synths as a mystery developer ;) The user has SOMETHING to go on. Other teases are a bit over-teased/over-hyped. And the end result always falls short of that hype. This was discussed in another thread.

Exowildebeest

11 Aug 2015

Hype and excitement are fairly normal human things, aren't they? As a Wildebeest I wouldn't know, but I've always observed such behaviour in humans.

Lrbatiste

11 Aug 2015

SOOOOOO.... ANY DATES?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:Well Rob Papen doesn't tease his synths as a mystery developer ;) The user has SOMETHING to go on. Other teases are a bit over-teased/over-hyped. And the end result always falls short of that hype. This was discussed in another thread.
Actually, Vecto was initially also shown as a blurry image at the request of RP. In fact, most developers have historically kept their devices secret and usually only show entire images after Ph shop approval. No one wants to be the Julian Assange of Rack Extensions, especially if they want to continue beta testing. :puf_wink:
ImageImageImage

ScuzzyEye

11 Aug 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Nobody talks about this one, but I'm more interested in these kinds of small quirky synths.
Good, because I have a couple more in the works. :)

joeyluck

11 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Well Rob Papen doesn't tease his synths as a mystery developer ;) The user has SOMETHING to go on. Other teases are a bit over-teased/over-hyped. And the end result always falls short of that hype. This was discussed in another thread.
Actually, Vecto was initially also shown as a blurry image at the request of RP. In fact, most developers have historically kept their devices secret and usually only show entire images after Ph shop approval. No one wants to be the Julian Assange of Rack Extensions, especially if they want to continue beta testing. :puf_wink:
My point being was that it was still known to be an RP Rack Extension ;)
Users weren't being teased completely in the dark. That's just pure evil.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
My point being was that it was still known to be an RP Rack Extension ;)
Users weren't being teased completely in the dark. That's just pure evil.
Understood, but people shouldn't shoot the messenger(s) as they say, or pull our the "fanboy" card out of frustration. It's all in good fun and we're simply following the developer's instructions. I love the passion here but come on now :D
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Aug 2015

Lrbatiste wrote:SOOOOOO.... ANY DATES?
Ph are finally back from holiday so expect the flood gates to open soon. That's just my guess.
ImageImageImage

joeyluck

11 Aug 2015

Noel G. wrote:Understood, but people shouldn't shoot the messenger(s) as they say, or pull our the "fanboy" card out of frustration. It's all in good fun and we're simply following the developer's instructions. I love the passion here but come on now :D
Not trying to shoot the messenger! Especially not this one :)
Just the concept haha

• Information