4Dyne Price Dropped

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Theo.M

28 Jul 2015

to say this is a must have for any serious reason producer is understatement of the year.

what a bargain.

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:to say this is a must have for any serious reason producer is understatement of the year.

what a bargain.
looks like you totally confused with price drops. did you remember the A-list.. do you have already all of RE's in the shop ?

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:
Theo.M wrote:to say this is a must have for any serious reason producer is understatement of the year.

what a bargain.
looks like you totally confused with price drops. did you remember the A-list.. do you have already all of RE's in the shop ?
I think you misunderstood. Theo is saying that this is a must-have, and that price is ridiculously low.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote: I think you misunderstood. Theo is saying that this is a must-have, and that price is ridiculously low.
No no, i know that and i'm just kidding, which reminds me our friendly convocation about A-List liberation sale few weeks ago :thumbs_up:

normen

28 Jul 2015

Personally I think this is one of the most terrible sounding multiband compressors I ever tried out but each to his own.. Maybe I'm just using it wrong, idk. It has an impressive set of features though.

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

normen wrote:Personally I think this is one of the most terrible sounding multiband compressors I ever tried out but each to his own.. Maybe I'm just using it wrong, idk. It has an impressive set of features though.
only one thing need, it's transfer curve graph. still any RE have this feature. Evan in any compressor.

normen

28 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:only one thing need, it's transfer curve graph. still any RE have this feature. Evan in any compressor.
Well a visual display doesn't change anything about its sound though ^^ I think it has more than enough visual feedback actually.

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

normen wrote:
boobytrap wrote:only one thing need, it's transfer curve graph. still any RE have this feature. Evan in any compressor.
Well a visual display doesn't change anything about its sound though ^^
what about the workflow ?

iramrezso

28 Jul 2015

I very like this stuff. It is the best option I know for band splitting tasks in Reason. However not too CPU-friendly.

normen

28 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:what about the workflow ?
In my experience audio engineers should rather listen than read.

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

normen wrote:
boobytrap wrote:what about the workflow ?
In my experience audio engineers should rather listen than read.
indeed !

How else Fabfilter come up with such a brilliant idea?
screenshot_pro-c_full.jpg
screenshot_pro-c_full.jpg (211.52 KiB) Viewed 2532 times

normen

28 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:indeed !

How else Fabfilter come up with such a brilliant idea?
Your point being? If you rather like to read what you're doing then I'm fine with that. 4dyne has all the visual feedback I personally could ever want - if I was using it.

EpiGenetik

28 Jul 2015

Tried it during the initial beta for it - wasn't impressed with anything about it, either sound or interface.

lowpryo

28 Jul 2015

normen wrote:Personally I think this is one of the most terrible sounding multiband compressors I ever tried out but each to his own.. Maybe I'm just using it wrong, idk. It has an impressive set of features though.
I'm wondering if you can elaborate on what you "hear" that is terrible. do you hear artifacts at high levels of compression? are there any phasing issues at the crossovers?

boobytrap

28 Jul 2015

normen wrote: 4dyne has all the visual feedback I personally could ever want - if I was using it.
if you say so

O1B

28 Jul 2015

"terrible sounding?"
Yeah, maybe... with a multi-track'd VOX, finding the 'sweet' spot is a breeze with 4DYNE. Can't say it's better/worse than Reason's M-Class Multi-Band Combis, but what a colossal pain just to hook up to find those sweet spots. YOKO is Great, but also requires a multi-combi-who-dad. Workflow....

4DYNE nulls...(so what we 'hear' after that is our own doing)
4DYNE limits and Compresses... 4DYNE expands... oh, yeah... Gates, DRY/WET Split Types... it also washes and folds.

Sound wise, Fab's Saturn gives it a run for it's money, Blue Cat's MB-5 as well... IMO... but c'mon.. the feature set is different.
Throw in saturation, distortion, modulation, multi channel EQing, M/S processing, and spend another $2-300 on 'em, and.... yeah....

4DYNE sounds Great to me. Just another consumer's opinion.

normen

28 Jul 2015

lowpryo wrote:I'm wondering if you can elaborate on what you "hear" that is terrible. do you hear artifacts at high levels of compression? are there any phasing issues at the crossovers?
The attack and release seem completely program independent. For the release its either pumping or staying closed and for the attack its either squishing or letting every peak through - very hard to set values that sound good. Its somewhat like the first compressor in Logic - somehow it only does what its settings say independent of whats going through it or what the actual reduction values are already. As said - this is only what I got from trying this - ymmv.

Theo.M

28 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:
Kenni wrote: I think you misunderstood. Theo is saying that this is a must-have, and that price is ridiculously low.
No no, i know that and i'm just kidding, which reminds me our friendly convocation about A-List liberation sale few weeks ago :thumbs_up:

yeah i know but I myself paid $59 for it hehe

So all good.

Theo.M

28 Jul 2015

had stunning results from 4 dyne and it's the best multi band comp I have and by far my overall favourite on any plug in platform.

I have the polar opposite opinion of Normen here.

freeQlow

28 Jul 2015

When D16 comes out, I'm trying them all out.

Hoping it's one step further into design & mixing into Reason.

selig
RE Developer

29 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:had stunning results from 4 dyne and it's the best multi band comp I have and by far my overall favourite on any plug in platform.

I have the polar opposite opinion of Normen here.
I think there are two things to consider here: the quality of the crossovers (some of which are perfectly flat in 4Dyne IIRC), and the quality of the dynamics sections themselves (which I found to be lacking for what I was looking for).

There is also the design of the interface, which I personally feel isn't as well laid out as I would prefer compared to other similar devices I've worked with. But this criticism may be a bit unfair today, as the new custom display would allow better choices for the UI IMO. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Kategra

29 Jul 2015

I like to think that I wouldn't buy this RE even for 9 EUR, but most probably I would ..

I don't really enjoy the interface and read that it's a pretty CPU intensive RE. That combined with the fact that we can't sell our RE licenses is enough to make me wait until a way better multi band compressor device for Reason is released.

RE have to be chosen wisely, as they are also a money trap and contribute to menu clutter when you have many of them.

robgs

29 Jul 2015

Am i missing something? I'm still seeing 4-Dyne at 59 euros. Did they raise the price at some point?
:reason: :record: :refill: :reload: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

boobytrap

29 Jul 2015

Kategra wrote: I like to think that I wouldn't buy this RE even for 9 EUR, but most probably I would ..
half a loaf is better than none !

• Information