Kuassa.. has an interesting way to advertise there RE products :-)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

27 Jul 2015

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

freeQlow

27 Jul 2015

I got really excited seeing Rebirth!
Awesome history on reason. The 1st couple paragraph were like me talking to past self. I remember Friction and Spice in Orlando handing my friend and I rebirth and us totally bugging out to 303 grooves and 808 breaks!

If rebirth was for us PC users or android users I'd have a game to play anytime!

Kool site Kuassa !

At Vero Eos

28 Jul 2015

According to their efforts, Rack Extensions seem to be more than a little niche on the music app market, beneath the big VST thing...? Despite the fees to Propellerheads, REs seem to be quite profitable for Kuassa. Good news!

normen

28 Jul 2015

At Vero Eos wrote:According to their efforts, Rack Extensions seem to be more than a little niche on the music app market, beneath the big VST thing...? Despite the fees to Propellerheads, REs seem to be quite profitable for Kuassa. Good news!
I think it strongly depends on how you have your company structured. Imo REs are a boon for small developers who mainly code all their stuff themselves. After they got into the way REs work and are coded REs pretty much need no further work - like adapting to new OS versions, new Reason versions, new marketplaces etc - the RE ecosystem pretty much takes care of all that. So after that you simply have another (albeit smaller) income source and are done with it. For a larger developer doing REs mostly means hiring a new person to do the REs so they have to calculate if the income from REs justifies this new position. Or they hire a person for a limited amount of time just to do the REs - which then causes trouble when they have to fix bugs or generally update the RE because they have to re-hire that person (see U-He).

• Information