**Attention** All RACK EXTENSION Developers This Is The GUI Thread !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

23 Jul 2015

If you are a developer who's just starting out and are in need of some GUI help...then try contacting these guys (below) in private or using this thread.
Even if you are an existing developer and you get some good feedbacks from your own devices...I bet you that if you get an Artist on board who has a natural talent for design, it might help take your device to the next level. Antidote,Predator,Sylenth,Spire,Serum,THOR etc....
In my opinion, even if there is the slightest chance that a UI design can make people want to open/use your device more then another dev or even if it gives your device a perceived quality ...why not investigate the possibility with an ARTIST ? Nirude expressed the desire to work on UI if contacted and SDK 2.2 removes the need to model first in 3D doesn't it?

I used to do wedding and special event photography..I would put my images and videos on DVD for my clients ..I did it all. DVD menu design,button layouts,background Music,photography,editing the whole thing.....but truth be told, I'm sure if I had reached out to someone who's brain where wired for design..I could have done a better job...it's just that I liked the idea of doing everything myself ..speciayl given that ADOBE had a whole suite of Software that can make you feel like ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) :-)

Look, I'm not sure if a developer who has an SDK can allow a user somewhere else in the world access to that SDK...or maybe you can relate the Model specs that you need to make elements for the SDK...I'm not sure if they (artist/designer) WOULD NEED TO BE PART OF YOUR REGISTERED COMPANY. But try reaching out to others for the look of your device no matter how small or how simple you think your device is.
Often time, I think that a lot of devices in the VST world get a whole lot of praise because of the perceived quality of the Plugin design.There are many one button VST plugins, with cool looking skins/UI

But for now check out a few iterations and fresh design concepts from Nirude and Massimo. All Designers can post any images they want, final,preview images or just random ideas you have .Hope to see other talented designers posting in this thread as well...... :-)

designed by user: Massimo
the first image is an original concept, images 2-3 where inspired by the early concept designs of Nirude and Massimo's Nektar Panorama Midi controller.:thumbs_up:

*images below* designed by user: Nirude :thumbs_up:
Right Click to enlarge

........KEEP'M COMING....
Last edited by pjeudy on 24 Jul 2015, edited 6 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

selig
RE Developer

23 Jul 2015

Great thread idea!
Can I just say how amazing all three of these designs are - I'd be proud to release anything of this quality. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on all of these guys. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

esselfortium

23 Jul 2015

These are older, but some Combinator skins I did several years back in a similar vein: (click)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

pjeudy

23 Jul 2015

selig wrote:Great thread idea!
Can I just say how amazing all three of these designs are - I'd be proud to release anything of this quality. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on all of these guys. :)
I agree! I'm glad that we have these guys in house sort of :-)
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

23 Jul 2015

@esselfortium Keep'm Coming !

Theo.M

23 Jul 2015

selig wrote:Great thread idea!
some truly gorgeous designs there.. I so hope to see RE's looking this good in the rack soon! :)

ebop

24 Jul 2015

Damn, that top one by Massimo looks mint. Have to say, I liked Massimo's ochenK effort the best to. Really fresh and understated use of colour. If I made REs, I'd get Massimo's number right now.

Massimo

24 Jul 2015

Hoi hoi...slow down...what have I missed for a while??? :puf_bigsmile:
Although I really appreciate and thank you guys for the positive feedback...I am just an enthusiastic hobbyist and already full time committed to other types of design...but I will continue with my small contribution if that can benefit the community...just for "FUN".

This sort of interaction and spontaneous contribution is a great thing and resource for this community...and I am sure more people will follow with their ideas after this first experiment...music abilities usually go well with graphic and 3D...Nirude or who else could be the designer for our next RE!

:thumbs_up:

Nirude

24 Jul 2015

Nice to see something like this here :) So:

Nirude reporting to duty, sirs.
3d man.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Jul 2015

These are lovely images.

But pj (and moderators), do we really need the shouty, highly distracting, "look-at-me" all-caps headline? Just because you want people to read it doesn't mean you should resort to posting styles that were rightly outlawed back in the 90's! ;)

pjeudy

24 Jul 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:These are lovely images.

But pj (and moderators), do we really need the shouty, highly distracting, "look-at-me" all-caps headline? Just because you want people to read it doesn't mean you should resort to posting styles that were rightly outlawed back in the 90's! ;)
cool I'll fix that .
Last edited by pjeudy on 24 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

pjeudy

24 Jul 2015

Nirude wrote:Nice to see something like this here :) So:

Nirude reporting to duty, sirs.
Was sup NIrude.....My goal here is to have designers post anything from time to time...it doesn't have to be only when a developer calls for ideas, or a final project . If you have a cool interface your messing with in your mind...hey..might as well post it ! :-)

pjeudy

24 Jul 2015

Massimo wrote:...I am just an enthusiastic hobbyist and already full time committed to other types of design...but I will continue with my small contribution if that can benefit the community...just for "FUN".:
I'm also very interested to see what an enthusiastic hobbyist can contribute :-) .Like I said to Nirude ..when ever you feel the vibe post something..maybe a dev will ask for a hand, even if it's for fun.

Remember it doesn't have to be a big synth UI all the time...it can be a compressor or any other types of design...or just a one knob device like this!

Spryx

24 Jul 2015

Nice designs.....makes me wish I wasn't such a lazy coder..
latest:

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

I think this would make a great sticky!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

pjeudy

24 Jul 2015

Spryx wrote:Nice designs.....makes me wish I wasn't such a lazy coder..
Hey Spryx...get coding my friend :thumbs_up:

SteveDiverse

25 Jul 2015

pjeudy wrote:[...] I'm not sure if a developer who has an SDK can allow a user somewhere else in the world access to that SDK [...] I'm not sure if they (artist/designer) WOULD NEED TO BE PART OF YOUR REGISTERED COMPANY [...]
you can't give access to the sdk. but as you correctly speculate, you can (do) add people to your registered company as developers.

See the Propellerhead Developer Page for more info on becoming a developer.
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

pjeudy

08 Sep 2015

Here are some rendering by Nirude Image of Redominator Rack Extension instrument.
(his original post can be found here : http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7491361) I'm posting here also as away to Archive Rendered images in one place.

Last edited by pjeudy on 12 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

pjeudy

09 Sep 2015

FOR POSSIBLE INSPIRATION:
Reaktor 6 is now out and I think there blocks are very nicely designed and could be implemented in Rack Extensions.

Ochen k Did just that awhile ago...he created the A-series Modular Components,Which I purchased and spent many hours configuring a Mudular set up using these devices (good fun)...but Reaktor's blocks are very well designed, just based on how they look would invite me to load them up in a combinator more often then I do with the A-series.

Take a look at the individual blocks on the NI page:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... -6/blocks/

Nirude

12 Sep 2015

Last night I did something which is soooooooo good looking, I just asked from "the client" if I can share it.
(I havent asked if I can say for who I am working for now.)
Anyway it is by far the sexiest and most hardcore I have ever done.

How I even managed to do it, I dont know. I was drunk. But my god it looks so good :)
3d man.

pjeudy

12 Sep 2015

Nirude wrote:Last night I did something which is soooooooo good looking, I just asked from "the client" if I can share it.
(I havent asked if I can say for who I am working for now.)
Anyway it is by far the sexiest and most hardcore I have ever done.

How I even managed to do it, I dont know. I was drunk. But my god it looks so good :)
:-) I like your exitement!
Well although it would be cool to know who the dev is.... Maybe you can answer 2 easy questions
1. Can you upload the image with out the Dev's name (None Blur please)
2.I can assume that it's For the Reason Platform right ?

You see, 2 easy questions :puf_smile:
Oh my ...looks like I thought of a third question...what type of device is it? (instrument,dynamic,effects)

Nirude

29 Sep 2015

Dammit this dude has some decent renderings!
http://www.dna-labs-software.com/

"How I even managed to do it, I dont know. I was drunk. But my god it looks so good :)"
still true.
3d man.

joeyluck

29 Sep 2015

Nirude wrote:Dammit this dude has some decent renderings!

"How I even managed to do it, I dont know. I was drunk. But my god it looks so good :)"
still true.
This site doesn't work for me very well. Locks up. Google Chrome

pjeudy

29 Sep 2015

Nirude wrote:Dammit this dude has some decent renderings!

still true.
Hahahah..... got it ! Looks really good man! :-)

chimp_spanner

29 Sep 2015

pjeudy wrote:FOR POSSIBLE INSPIRATION:
Reaktor 6 is now out and I think there blocks are very nicely designed and could be implemented in Rack Extensions.

Ochen k Did just that awhile ago...he created the A-series Modular Components,Which I purchased and spent many hours configuring a Mudular set up using these devices (good fun)...but Reaktor's blocks are very well designed, just based on how they look would invite me to load them up in a combinator more often then I do with the A-series.

Take a look at the individual blocks on the NI page:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... -6/blocks/
Blocks are great but...they're so damn greedy with screen space. Even at 1080 I'm constantly panning around. I wish there was an overview, zoom or 1/2 size setting. Otherwise though, yeah blocks rock. And there's a busy/active community of users creating new blocks for free. Plus there's System63 coming soon. Oh my!

• Information