Which REs are crying out for a good video tutorial

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

23 Jul 2015

For me, it's pretty well everything by The Chronologists. I'm big into nerding out with CV and would like to take things further with their devices, but I have only a vague idea of how to use them. The manuals aren't very helpful - way too much assumed knowledge - and the video tutorials that currently exist barely scratch the surface. Randrome in particular - I would love someone to make a clear, detailed step-by-step video that shows how you can use this thing for musical or berserk experimental results. And then there's the CMD Constants and Equaiton modules. WTF?? Come on, CV wizards, get onto YouTube and help a brother out.

decibel

23 Jul 2015

i brought auto theory a long time back while it was on sale, couldnt get my head around it at the time and its kind of been filed in the never gets used section of my rack now lol, i really clear step by step tutorial on how to set this up and use it would be good, im sure there are more then a few others out there who are probably in the same boat as me on this one ;)

thala

23 Jul 2015

damn i just wrote a whole article about the choronoligist REs.. its lost. had to relog in the forum and it was gone :/
ok, short version:
its all about math. realtime math. logical math.
if you really want to learn that math theory get skope m4.
some first tips:
adding (+) 2 times the same signals it will end up in double volume.
multiplying (*) 2 times the same signals will end up in double frequency on the output.

you really need to know how math is affecting oscillating signals.
the logical math (and,or,xor,etc.) is another field.
if you want to be constructive creative you have to study math and its operators.

Faastwalker

23 Jul 2015

I hear you. I'm fascinated by modular synthesis & the potential all these interesting looking CV RE's offer for this kind of exploration & manipulation. It's why I started this page;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reason-C ... 2285494893

But I'd by lying if I said I understood all this stuff. My way forward is to read as much as I can on a device & then just play around. The Chronologists RE's you mention are favorites. Really love those but they are a bit of a mystery & as you mentioned the manuals (if you can call them this in the first place) don't offer a great deal of help to the uninitiated.

It's always been my plan to do some tutorials for the Reason CV / modular page. But I think my lack of solid understanding has put me off doing so thus far. So instead I think I'll do some tutorials on how I explore these things & look at what they are doing. That would be a good starting place & I'd probably learn something myself along the way. Sounds like a plan ;)

thala

23 Jul 2015

:)
so my first task in the evening will be try to rebuild echobodes frequency shifter.
it should be just adding a static amount of frequency to the incoming audio signal.
adding freq should be doable with that multiply operator.

but i am shure it wont work directly and will end up in deep diving into theory and learning realtime math.

edit: echobode isnt just adding a amount of frequency via multiplying. multiplying Audiosignals is just: AM
to pitchshift things you will need a buffer that is manipulated over time (speed). there is no buffer in cmd:education. it just can do realtime math.
Last edited by thala on 23 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Faastwalker

23 Jul 2015

...... This one baffled the hell out of me;

The developer was talking about updates, tutorials & more shortly after this appeared. But it feels more like another developer that has fallen by the way side sadly.

hydlide

23 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:i brought auto theory a long time back while it was on sale, couldnt get my head around it at the time and its kind of been filed in the never gets used section of my rack now lol, i really clear step by step tutorial on how to set this up and use it would be good, im sure there are more then a few others out there who are probably in the same boat as me on this one ;)
autotheory step by step guide

your welcome ;)

satyr32

23 Jul 2015

I agree The Chronologists devices are all very powerful but lacks in depth tutorials and examples. Most powerful probably CMD: Equation. I googled DSP equations, e.g. distortion formulas and built them with the device. You can build so many amazing things with it. I might do a tutorial one day.
One thing I can say, avoid division, try to achieve it with multiplication instead, because your CPU don't like divisions at all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

decibel

23 Jul 2015

hydlide wrote:
decibel wrote:i brought auto theory a long time back while it was on sale, couldnt get my head around it at the time and its kind of been filed in the never gets used section of my rack now lol, i really clear step by step tutorial on how to set this up and use it would be good, im sure there are more then a few others out there who are probably in the same boat as me on this one ;)
autotheory step by step guide

your welcome ;)
cheers hydlide ;) appreciated

dvdrtldg

23 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:I hear you. I'm fascinated by modular synthesis & the potential all these interesting looking CV RE's offer for this kind of exploration & manipulation. It's why I started this page;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reason-C ... 2285494893

But I'd by lying if I said I understood all this stuff. My way forward is to read as much as I can on a device & then just play around. The Chronologists RE's you mention are favorites. Really love those but they are a bit of a mystery & as you mentioned the manuals (if you can call them this in the first place) don't offer a great deal of help to the uninitiated.

It's always been my plan to do some tutorials for the Reason CV / modular page. But I think my lack of solid understanding has put me off doing so thus far. So instead I think I'll do some tutorials on how I explore these things & look at what they are doing. That would be a good starting place & I'd probably learn something myself along the way. Sounds like a plan ;)
Oh man that would be so great. I spend a fair bit of time playing around with Chronologists REs and come up with cool stuff from time to time, but when it's 90% experimentation you can't reproduce the results, and I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of actually understanding the devices. I've also pored obsessively over those CV Experiments videos, which are excellent fun. But yeah, some sort of tutorial with ideas & tips would be fantastic, even if they're not definitive from-the-ground-up guides. Thanks for the reply!

hydlide

23 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:...... This one baffled the hell out of me;

The developer was talking about updates, tutorials & more shortly after this appeared. But it feels more like another developer that has fallen by the way side sadly.
Maybe I should spam the forums more. I present you the Multi Switch controller video I did in the past

challism

23 Jul 2015

Echobode
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

thala

25 Jul 2015

steerpike

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

point me in the direction of tutorials for
Predator, Antidote, abl3
Synchronus, Echobode,
Propulsion,

Please and thank you

dvdrtldg

26 Jul 2015

thala wrote:steerpike
The manual is pretty comprehensive but yeah, I'd like to see a good video demonstration of this. I like Steerpike but feel I've only unlocked a fraction of its awesomeness

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:
The manual is pretty comprehensive but yeah, I'd like to see a good video demonstration of this. I like Steerpike but feel I've only unlocked a fraction of its awesomeness
Before I get a chance to see steerpike, what is it?

thala

26 Jul 2015

freeQlow wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Before I get a chance to see steerpike, what is it?
a multi delay with lots of extras.
the price just dropped.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -ensemble/

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

I've seen it, the name didn't ring a bell. I overlooked it. You get a lot in that "Pedal Board" Big Rack, do you like the automation and have you used all the channels yet?

Thank you

hydlide

26 Jul 2015

Synchronous... 20 minute video and a 14 minute video so grab a bag of popcorn.

Biolumin3sc3nt

26 Jul 2015

hydlide wrote:Synchronous... 20 minute video and a 14 minute video so grab a bag of popcorn.

Hydlide - You are one Radical Dude!

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

hydlide wrote:Synchronous... 20 minute video and a 14 minute video so grab a bag of popcorn.

You wrote the Sync Refill too correct?

jallen97

26 Jul 2015

Revival

manisnotabird

27 Jul 2015

All of them. Even if I understand on a technical level what every control does, I'd love to see musically interesting examples of it in use.

hydlide

27 Jul 2015

freeQlow wrote: You wrote the Sync Refill too correct?
I personally made a tine refill package named "Synchronium". Rob of Reason 101 made Synchronicity.

hydlide

30 Jul 2015

For those wanting Echobode video. Here goes.

• Information