Korg Triton RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
keeverw

16 Jul 2015

I have been tempted a few times to purchase a Triton Rack just for some of the lush pad sounds to use with my live rig, which is otherwise all Reason-based.

Any chance we will ever see a Triton RE?

Lizard

16 Jul 2015

Well... on the spectrum of hope I would generally say it is low... but not at "no hope". Korg has released Re so they d have a name in the hat but I don't think that even exists as a VST option. Until it does I would not expect an Re version.

keeverw

16 Jul 2015

Well in that case, here's to hoping that a VST is developed soon, followed by an RE.

I wonder if the Triton engine just isn't "vintage" enough to be immortalized in VST format just yet.

Although, the latest manifestation of it, is in the Taktile midi controllers and it's very basic as I understand it. So it would appear they've squeezed just about every dollar they can from this engine.
I would think it would bring in a lot more profit as a VST than as a gimmick to sell a few cheap controllers.

What Korg products are available as VST's now? Trinity?

Lizard

16 Jul 2015

The legacy collection has the Polysix, Mono/Poly, Wavestation, The M1 and the MS-20. Two of those are in Re as you know. They also have an iOS version of their electribe which I would LOVE to see in Re format. But.... still holding.... my breath.

I had a first edition Triton when it was released. It was my last hardware piece before converting to a software world. Being honest I'm not sure that much is gained functionality-wise other than the massive sound library that comes with it. Though if they included the MOSS board expansion then yeah... pretty cool. It is still OK to keep hope.

dana

16 Jul 2015

Theres a few people selling korg triton refills around on ebay

keeverw

20 Jul 2015

Cool!
I'll check it out.
Hopefully they are legit.

keeverw

20 Jul 2015

joeyluck wrote:Maybe worth checking out the Triton Taktile keyboards?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TaktileTR49
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TaktileTR25

Perhaps not what you are after. But just in case you were looking to also get or replace a controller...
I have given those some serious thought.
But I think I'd rather have it in the Reason box.

I used to own a Korg X50 which was the last incarnation of the Triton engine prior to the Taktile series, and I kicked myself for selling it.

It was a lot more like a real triton than the Taktiles.

keeverw

20 Jul 2015

I just bought this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korg-Triton-Ext ... 25a7d33e5a

Once I get it up and running, and I'll post a sample or two.

keeverw

22 Jul 2015

So the sounds are good, but the samples are only about 8 seconds long each.
Is there a way to make them sustain longer than that in NNXT?

QVprod

23 Jul 2015

keeverw wrote:So the sounds are good, but the samples are only about 8 seconds long each.
Sounds like the seller knew very little about mapping samples after sampling. Pretty much your only option is to manually set loop points in the nnxt for the samples, basically what the seller should have done himself before selling it.

Faastwalker

23 Jul 2015

I would just love to see more from Korg on the RE front.

keeverw

23 Jul 2015

QVprod wrote:
keeverw wrote:So the sounds are good, but the samples are only about 8 seconds long each.
Sounds like the seller knew very little about mapping samples after sampling. Pretty much your only option is to manually set loop points in the nnxt for the samples, basically what the seller should have done himself before selling it.
Yeah, after playing around with the sample editor I think I might eventually be able to make the samples smooth and the loop points smooth. It's gonna be a slow process.

It's a hassle, but at least it's possible, and I don't have to shell out $1000 for a used Triton Extreme.
Of course a real Triton could do more, because all the effects are locked on these samples.
But it'll do for my needs.

I paid $20 for this refill, which has every sound from every bank on the Triton Extreme. The whole thing is about 18GB. I would've gladly paid $50 or more if the loops had already been set.

QVprod

23 Jul 2015

keeverw wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Yeah, after playing around with the sample editor I think I might eventually be able to make the samples smooth and the loop points smooth. It's gonna be a slow process.

It's a hassle, but at least it's possible, and I don't have to shell out $1000 for a used Triton Extreme.
Of course a real Triton could do more, because all the effects are locked on these samples.
But it'll do for my needs.

I paid $20 for this refill, which has every sound from every bank on the Triton Extreme. The whole thing is about 18GB. I would've gladly paid $50 or more if the loops had already been set.
Sadly thats the thing about buying these ebay refills. These aren't professional sound programmers. The refill shouldn't actually be that big (note Bitley's WBF is just over 5GB with considerably more content than the Triton banks) and the sounds should've been sampled without the fx (and added fx in Reason if it was a going to really be done right).Then you would have had even better flexibility with them. But for many I think the ebay sampling thing is just a quick cash cow, great quality sampling/mapping for the user isn't really a thought.

keeverw

23 Jul 2015

QVprod wrote:Sadly thats the thing about buying these ebay refills. These aren't professional sound programmers. The refill shouldn't actually be that big (note Bitley's WBF is just over 5GB with considerably more content than the Triton banks) and the sounds should've been sampled without the fx (and added fx in Reason if it was a going to really be done right).Then you would have had even better flexibility with them. But for many I think the ebay sampling thing is just a quick cash cow, great quality sampling/mapping for the user isn't really a thought.
I understand what you mean about sampling without the FX, but part of what makes the Triton Pad sounds (which is what I was mainly interested in) sound so good is the Korg FX which are applied in generous amounts on a lot of the presets. So I'm actually glad these samples have them.

• Information