code diggers are gone ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ahs

14 Jul 2015

the website is offline but i have a problem

popp

14 Jul 2015

The website is down since a long time, nearly a year I'd say. On of the CD guys popped up at the old PUF and stated that there were difficulties regarding their company. Seems like they didn't make it. Sad thing. I think he left an email address but that is gone with the old forum (I didn't think about saving the email back then).

Edit: If I remember correctly, Theo was involved in the discussion. Not 100% sure though... but maybe he has the contact info.
Super Dabbler

ahs

14 Jul 2015

if more developers leaving it could be very difficult for the props to make these re's future proof.

platzangst

14 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:if more developers leaving it could be very difficult for the props to make these re's future proof.
Not really, because by "future proof" they don't mean an RE will be guaranteed to be updated. All that means is that any RE made in the past will continue to function in the same way in any future versions of Reason. The Sugar Bytes REs were put out at the very beginning of REs and as far as I know never updated - they still work the same way. There's no reason to assume they'll stop working in the future, even if some of them are flawed.

dhruan

14 Jul 2015

Hear, hear, platsangst! ;) Also, software business is not easy. A pretty large percentage of companies end up failing at one point or another (for various reasons), even the ones that get their product out on the market (and the RE platform makes this fairly easy IMHO vs. doing things from a scratch). So yeah, I really would not blow this out of proportion in any way, things like this can and will happen. REs have been, if not highly profitable then at least somewhat successful platform in the sense that we see new developers appearing every now and then and new products in the shop at a nice pace. The SDK is constantly developed to allow for more and better functionality. So all in all it could be said that things are looking pretty good with regards to REs and the future of the platform.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Theo.M

14 Jul 2015

popp wrote:The website is down since a long time, nearly a year I'd say. On of the CD guys popped up at the old PUF and stated that there were difficulties regarding their company. Seems like they didn't make it. Sad thing. I think he left an email address but that is gone with the old forum (I didn't think about saving the email back then).

Edit: If I remember correctly, Theo was involved in the discussion. Not 100% sure though... but maybe he has the contact info.

Sorry guys, I remember the topic but i have never had any successful contact with them. I just did an email sweep for the last 2 years and i can't find anything of an email address record, so sorry.

but put it this way, i reported to props a year back that their RE's did not fall under the same dev name in reason and props said they would pass it on. The fact that something so trivial (1 minute coding) has not been fixed, does mean they are gone for good I would say.

Which SUCKS, cause both DQ and D filter are some of the best plugins in the store. Their coding skills were obviously awesome. Oh well.

ahs

14 Jul 2015

props replied to my email that they are not in charge of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a future of the RE's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScuzzyEye

14 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:props replied to my email that they are not in charge of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They likely meant they are not in charge of keeping up to date with a company who develops REs website and e-mail. Nor are they are in charge of keeping said company in business.

When a company submits an RE they provide enough to make sure that RE is compatible with all future versions of Reason. There's nothing to worry about there.

selig
RE Developer

14 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:props replied to my email that they are not in charge of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand - the REs are still working for you, right? And they are still available for sale in the store, right? Plugin developers go out of business in every environment, right?

What other plugin format can boast this feature; that they still work the same as the day you purchased them, and will continue to do so for as long as Reason exists?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

gak

14 Jul 2015

I was interested in the filter at some point. Will probably get taken down before I get ready to try it.

ahs

14 Jul 2015

selig wrote:
I don't understand - the REs are still working for you, right? And they are still available for sale in the store, right? Plugin developers go out of business in every environment, right?

What other plugin format can boast this feature; that they still work the same as the day you purchased them, and will continue to do so for as long as Reason exists?
nope i have problems as you can see in my 1st post

ahs

14 Jul 2015

black and orange are gone and code diggers still there !?
make no sense

peffs crape gone to !

this is random

dhruan

14 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:black and orange are gone
B&O was a single man operation and he unfortunately passed away some time ago. Code Diggers have not folded officially so the devices are still in the shop available for purchase.
ahs wrote:peffs crape gone to !
CrapRE was a one off with a limited time of availability.
ahs wrote:this is random
No, not really.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

ScuzzyEye

14 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:black and orange are gone and code diggers still there !?
make no sense

peffs crape gone to !

this is random
Not random. We don't know for sure why B&O's REs were pulled, but the assumption is that it was at the request of the estate. This is based on the fact that Peff's Crapre was purposely pulled by him after 30 days, and Little LFO was accidentally pulled by Little IO (before being re-instated as a free device).

Code Digger's stuff is still there because no one has asked for it to be removed.

Theo.M

14 Jul 2015

selig wrote:

No other platform can boast that particular feature, that's one of the things that makes RE's very special and can't be denied :)

EnochLight

15 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:black and orange are gone and code diggers still there !?
make no sense

peffs crape gone to !

this is random
No, this is planned. As Frankie says, relax! ;)

Black & Orange had their products pulled for a reason (you may never know why, but trust me - there's a reason why their products are gone now that the owner/operator is gone). Peff's CrapRE was always a "limited edition" product. Code Diggers can still be bought in the shop for the time being. If their products disappear for sale in the future, as has been pointed out already - they'll continue to work in Reason for those who bought them.

Devs come and go. Nothing to worry about.

I understand you have "a problem" with one of Code Digger's RE's, but no where is it stated that all Rack Extensions from all devs will be bug-proof and never need fixing. For that, I'm afraid you're S-O-L.
Last edited by EnochLight on 15 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

15 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:
selig wrote:

nope i have problems as you can see in my 1st post
I don't understand what you mean by saying "nope" to my post - do you disagree with any of it?
You mention you have "a problem" in your first post, but didn't go into any details.

I'm more responding to your comment "what a future of the RE's !!!!!!!!!!!!!" and your suggestion that "if more developers leaving it could be very difficult for the props to make these re's future proof", which is not based on any facts and shouldn't be an issue in any way.

I suggest that if you are posting to seek a solution to your problem, and I can only assume that you are, that you then provide some information as to what that problem is, rather than simply stating "I have a problem"! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information