RP verb latest version, serious issue, broken

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

i *thought* i was actually losing my shit.. literally.. Every song has RP verb in it (which surpasses even the 480 for me, in fact i now regret that impulse sale buy)- and every song to me lately on reload has been sounding weird with the verb.

Now I know why! The high and low pass knobs have completely stopped working. They do absolutely nothing at all. Duh!

Can someone who has updated please check for me? I just closed and reloaded reason, did not load the previous project, just tried a fresh one, inserted a single audio file and then an RP verb insert, moved the low and high pass to their extremes, again absolutely zero effect on the sound at all. SO i have confirmed it wasn't just my older projects acting funny.

R8.3 release, 10.9.5

eusti

10 Jul 2015

Just tried it here and I think you might be on to something.
(Although I hardly use RB Reverb, so I'm not 100% positive that it worked before...)
But right now while using a reset device Low Pass and High Pass controls don't seem to have any effect on the sound of the reverb.

D.

Olivier

10 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:i *thought* i was actually losing my shit.. literally.. Every song has RP verb in it (which surpasses even the 480 for me, in fact i now regret that impulse sale buy)- and every song to me lately on reload has been sounding weird with the verb.

Now I know why! The high and low pass knobs have completely stopped working. They do absolutely nothing at all. Duh!

Can someone who has updated please check for me? I just closed and reloaded reason, did not load the previous project, just tried a fresh one, inserted a single audio file and then an RP verb insert, moved the low and high pass to their extremes, again absolutely zero effect on the sound at all. SO i have confirmed it wasn't just my older projects acting funny.

R8.3 release, 10.9.5
Yeah.. i think a ticket is in order, this indeed seems broken.. no effect here whatsoever.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

eusti wrote:Just tried it here and I think you might be on to something.
(Although I hardly use RB Reverb, so I'm not 100% positive that it worked before...)
But right now while using a reset device Low Pass and High Pass controls don't seem to have any effect on the sound of the reverb.

D.

No they worked before.. :)

And thanks both for confirming so fast. Ok will email RP now.

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

Ok email sent, this is yet another reason why we should be allowed to install a previous RE version.

Exowildebeest

10 Jul 2015

RP Verb 1.04 was released 1st of June.

Either this bug was introduced then, and for some reason it's discovered this late, or it's a bug caused by the Reason update...?

I'll check if it's bugged here too - I think I own RP Verb (but I never use it).

- Checked. Confirmed. Lowpass and Highpass colour knobs do nothing.

Exowildebeest

10 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:Ok email sent, this is yet another reason why we should be allowed to install a previous RE version.
Hmm isn't that possible to do manually already? Backup and copy the file? Or does that screw up the licenses and then force the new version on you anyway?

Jon

10 Jul 2015

Hi there

That is weird, I'll need to check it out. We didn't get any feedback about this from our beta testers though

Cheers

Jon

eusti

10 Jul 2015

Jon wrote:Hi there

That is weird, I'll need to check it out. We didn't get any feedback about this from our beta testers though

Cheers

Jon
Thanks for looking into this, Jon!

D.

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
Theo.M wrote:Ok email sent, this is yet another reason why we should be allowed to install a previous RE version.
Hmm isn't that possible to do manually already? Backup and copy the file? Or does that screw up the licenses and then force the new version on you anyway?
oh ok i never tried it that way - i always do it from my account webpage

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

Jon wrote:Hi there

Cheers

Jon

please ignore my email since you saw it here.. But whilst you are here, perhaps you can also take a look at the RP distort 24 db filter mode.

I don't think it would be by design but I could be wrong - disable everything on rp distort just to use the filter, enable 24 dbmode and listen to *drastic* high and low cut occur even with filter fully open. It doesn't sound right at all. 12db mode works as it should. Cheers Jon.

As far as testers, well, they obviously missed it but it's really weird not to test such basic things isn't it. As you know I have wanted to be on your beta team for ages but never seem to get approved lol....so....food for thought? :puf_bigsmile: :puf_wink:

Jon

10 Jul 2015

I've fixed this problem, I'm just waiting to upload a version to do a double check. I'll then send it to Props and we will try to get this fix out as soon as possible.

Looking at the presets, it only affects a minority of presets, possibly this explains why it was missed, but as I say we will try to get something out ASAP, and we are sorry it occurred.

About RP-Distort filter, I'll look into that when I next look at RP-Distort

Cheers
Jon

Jon

10 Jul 2015

And I've now sent it to Props, asking them to help get this out as soon as possible. Thanks for mentioning this, and once again, sorry for this problem.

Cheers

Jon

eusti

10 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:
eusti wrote:Just tried it here and I think you might be on to something.

D.

No they worked before.. :)

And thanks both for confirming so fast. Ok will email RP now.
Glad to help... Was about to open Reason anyway... :)

D.

Olivier

10 Jul 2015

2,5 hours into the thread and an update has been sent to propellerhead.
Seriously impressed here.

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:2,5 hours into the thread and an update has been sent to propellerhead.

this is exactly why RP are my favourite software dev of all time. I will give these people my money always and i trust them enough that every product is awesome that i would even buy without testing.

Jon thank you mate, you are a champ. Do you ever sleep?

Cheers, thanks again.

MDTerps2015

10 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:
eauhm wrote:2,5 hours into the thread and an update has been sent to propellerhead.

this is exactly why RP are my favourite software dev of all time. I will give these people my money always and i trust them enough that every product is awesome that i would even buy without testing.

Jon thank you mate, you are a champ. Do you ever sleep?

Cheers, thanks again.
I second that. Happy with every product i have bought from them which is all but sub boom. Seriously considering that but holding off for a minute.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

craven

10 Jul 2015

yeah, RP are really great! Awesome customer service!
:ugeek:

Jon

11 Jul 2015

Just letting people know that the new version 1.0.5 has been approved, we just need Props to ok changes to the Shop page so that people can download it, hopefully this should be today but at worse it's going to be Monday. I'll keep people informed.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

frog974new

11 Jul 2015

wow that a quick bug fix :)
nice support

Jon

13 Jul 2015

Just to let people know, the fixed version is now out, any problems please let us know

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

Olivier

13 Jul 2015

Sounds like its fixed to me :)

Theo.M

15 Jul 2015

Hi just confirming it works great now, not only that, i went through every single control with a fine tooth comb and made sure it was working, kind of like a thorough beta test. Consider it solved! :)
Thanks again for such a quick response Jon :) Cheers!

• Information