Spektrum is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Olivier

08 Jul 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... l-monitor/

Spektrum is a real-time spectrum analyzer for audio signals.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Faastwalker

08 Jul 2015

Didn't see this one coming. Nice. But is it not just Reason's inbuilt spectrum analyser ....... but as an RE?!
Last edited by Faastwalker on 08 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

dhruan

08 Jul 2015

Really nice... can't wait to try it out :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

normen

08 Jul 2015

Wow, seems to have a pretty high resolution even in the lower frequency area (which is a plus over Props analyzer). This will probably come with some additional latency (of the display) and CPU overhead but is very welcome anyway. Maybe a switch to change resolution would be in order though.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Didn't see this one coming. Nice. But is it not just Reason's inbuilt spectrum analyser ....... but as an RE?!

Far more adjustable and a much wider range by the look of it.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

Why is the zoom range limited to 20.5k at 30dB? What if one needs to look closely at 3dB at -59db? ;)

It needs an h/v scroll option as well as zoom.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

oh, you can drag the display! :)

ok, that's pretty cool! Good job, rc!

ahs

08 Jul 2015

pls add screws. i'll try it tonight

boobytrap

08 Jul 2015

That's what I'm talking about. Most important thing is spectrum and now we have for reasonable price. With amazing GUI. THIS IS THE FUTURE OF RE.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

ahs

08 Jul 2015

the props spectrum goes from +36 db to zero and than to -36db.
spektrum goes from -6 to -54 ???

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:the props spectrum goes from +36 db to zero and than to -36db.
The db scale in Reasons analyser is there measure the gain of EQ adjustments (when enabled). Spektrum uses the fullscale from 0db to -60db.

joeyluck

08 Jul 2015

Does this have a freeze option? I don't see a button for it or an option listed under the description.

To distinguish it further from the built-in analyzer, would be nice if it had multiple inputs.
And each input could have an assignable color and dimmer. So that you could compare channel frequencies on the same screen.

That's what I need :)

normen

08 Jul 2015

joeyluck wrote:Does this have a freeze option? I don't see a button for it or an option listed under the description.
If you turn it off the display freezes so yes, kinda.

joeyluck

08 Jul 2015

normen wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Does this have a freeze option? I don't see a button for it or an option listed under the description.
If you turn it off the display freezes so yes, kinda.
Cool. Still might wait on trying just in case multiple inputs are possible in the future...?

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

joeyluck wrote: To distinguish it further from the built-in analyzer, would be nice if it had multiple inputs.
And each input could have an assignable color and dimmer. So that you could compare channel frequencies on the same screen.
Like Skope, I've maxed out whats currently capable with just the the one input and line. It would take an SDK update to make it possible.

Jagwah

08 Jul 2015

It's pretty cool and very welcome in my Reason rack. I'm a little disappointed how the zoom is more like a stretch, like it's being pulled to the left. I would like to get nice and intricate with the low end but that disappears as soon as I zoom.

It would be great to have a transparent marker / markers in the device that I could lock in at specific frequencies.

The enable switch doubles as a freeze switch, that's cool.

I'll spend a few days with it and see if I would benefit from it much more than the built in one, good price regardless.

EnochLight

08 Jul 2015

This is pretty cool, but it would have been bad ass if the display had options like to fill in part of the wave display (see Synapse Audio's GQ-7 spectral display as an example) or have color/shading gradients:

Gradients similar to this:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

Jagwah wrote:It's pretty cool and very welcome in my Reason rack. I'm a little disappointed how the zoom is more like a stretch, like it's being pulled to the left. I would like to get nice and intricate with the low end but that disappears as soon as I zoom.
You can click / drag the display to scroll.

joeyluck

08 Jul 2015

rcbuse wrote:
joeyluck wrote: To distinguish it further from the built-in analyzer, would be nice if it had multiple inputs.
Like Skope, I've maxed out whats currently capable with just the the one input and line. It would take an SDK update to make it possible.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Jagwah

08 Jul 2015

rcbuse wrote:
Jagwah wrote:It's pretty cool and very welcome in my Reason rack. I'm a little disappointed how the zoom is more like a stretch, like it's being pulled to the left. I would like to get nice and intricate with the low end but that disappears as soon as I zoom.
You can click / drag the display to scroll.
Killer man, killer!!!!!

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:pls add screws. i'll try it tonight
Yes, and some stitched leather.

softska

08 Jul 2015

Will it be possible to have adjustable per octave slope (e.g. 3dB per octave so pink noise is flat) ? That's one of the biggest thing I miss inside Reason

pjeudy

08 Jul 2015

EnochLight wrote:This is pretty cool, but it would have been bad ass if the display had options like to fill in part of the wave display (see Synapse Audio's GQ-7 spectral display as an example) or have color/shading gradients:

Gradients similar to this:

I agree, adding a few more meters etc.... would be useful. But thanks for giving us another option.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

selig
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

softska wrote:Will it be possible to have adjustable per octave slope (e.g. 3dB per octave so pink noise is flat) ? That's one of the biggest thing I miss inside Reason
That's not something that is very useful for viewing audio tracks, as it won't give you a "flat" response to a "flat" input. AFAIK, it's only useful for room/acoustics testing and even then it's a very outdated method, as the Swept Sine approach has long since proven it's superiority for that type of application (and this isn't something Reason is particularly well designed for anyway).

Out of curiosity, why would you want this feature?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

tibah

08 Jul 2015

ahs wrote:the props spectrum goes from +36 db to zero and than to -36db.
Probably because the one in Reason is a combination of analyzer + EQ, while Spektrum RE is just an analyzer.

• Information