Propulsion is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Fraxis

15 Jul 2015

A sCopy Notes To Track probably isn't coming to the SDK any time soon, can you offer something similar to System 9's pattern extractor please?

blisters

16 Jul 2015

Loving this one. Note to track would be nice of course, and I'll add my voice to those asking for a probability function. But fun factor, holy shit. You can work so fast and get huge complex patterns going in no time at all. Great UI and very intuitive. Not a "must buy" for me right now, but I'll pick it up at some point. Lectric Panda REs are excellent, I'm a huge fan of Shape as well.

tiker01

21 Jul 2015

It would be a nice addition to be able to adjust the loop start too besides the end.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

decibel

21 Jul 2015

i havent brought any panda devices yet, all though i have been thinking about spektrum and skope , i wonder if electric panda would create a super bundle now that has korde, propulsion & shape ? or maybe a bundle that has spektrum, skope, skope m4 and janitor cv shaper ?

GRIFTY

21 Jul 2015

i would LOVE to see a video demonstration of this device......

Noplan
Competition Winner

03 May 2016

As I understand Propulsion triggers the Kong pads via gate. Why can't I record these fancy flashing notes that are played by Kong now? This has to be possible or am I dumb as fuck?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

03 May 2016

Noplan wrote:As I understand Propulsion triggers the Kong pads via gate. Why can't I record these fancy flashing notes that are played by Kong now? This has to be possible or am I dumb as fuck?
The current Rack Extension SDK does not allow "copy pattern to track" available in native Reason devices.
ImageImageImage

Noplan
Competition Winner

03 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
Noplan wrote:As I understand Propulsion triggers the Kong pads via gate. Why can't I record these fancy flashing notes that are played by Kong now? This has to be possible or am I dumb as fuck?
The current Rack Extension SDK does not allow "copy pattern to track" available in native Reason devices.
Yes, i know. But why am I not able to record the note performance of an Instrument that is triggered? There must be a hack or a trick. I can't believe it and i'm shocked that there is absolutely no way to do this. :o

Olivier

03 May 2016

Noplan wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Yes, i know. But why am I not able to record the performance of an Instrument that is triggered? There must be a hack or a trick. I can't believe it and i'm shocked that there is absolutely no way to do this. :o
There is an elaborate workaround using an external midi loop.

I hope props are going make some kind of device that writes midi.
One where you can send CV signals in, and it then records note/gate cv into note events in a clip and. And it could translate an incoming cv curve into an automation clip.. and triggers into notes with a certain note value.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

buddard
RE Developer

03 May 2016

Noplan wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Yes, i know. But why am I not able to record the performance of an Instrument that is triggered? There must be a hack or a trick. I can't believe it and i'm shocked that there is absolutely no way to do this. :o
Yes, there is a trick, it involves setting up a MIDI loopback interface on your computer and routing propulsion to an External MIDI Instrument (one channel at a time) and then recording it back into Reason.

There's a trusty old document that describes how to do this for Autotheory, the same principle applies to all CV REs. You can download it here: http://www.pitchblende.co.nz/AutoTheory ... -Track.pdf

buddard
RE Developer

03 May 2016

eauhm wrote: There is an elaborate workaround using an external midi loop.

One where you can send CV signals in, and it then records note/gate cv into note events in a clip and. And it could translate an incoming cv curve into an automation clip.. and triggers into notes with a certain note value.
Ah, you beat me to it! :)

Yeah, a built-in loopback function would be great, even something simple like letting you use an EMI as "rec source" for another MIDI track, similar to how you do it with mix channels today.

This feature would not require any changes to existing REs in order to work, in contrast to adding a "pattern to track" function that would almost certainly involve a fair amount of developer intervention.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 May 2016

buddard wrote:
eauhm wrote: There is an elaborate workaround using an external midi loop.

Ah, you beat me to it! :)

Yeah, a built-in loopback function would be great, even something simple like letting you use an EMI as "rec source" for another MIDI track, similar to how you do it with mix channels today.

This feature would not require any changes to existing REs in order to work, in contrast to adding a "pattern to track" function that would almost certainly involve a fair amount of developer intervention.

I use to do this via an external hardware rack using the thru to come back into reason.
I have been using this now to do the same thing http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html on a Windows 10 system and it 100% fine...

yeahright31

17 May 2016

Love the Lectric Panda RE's they are amazetits!

BPGeez

17 May 2016

@Buddard is there a way that you can incorporate a combined CV Note & CV Gate out into Propulsion so that we wouldn't have to use the EMI per channel? That would be pretty awesome!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 May 2016

BPGeez wrote:@Buddard is there a way that you can incorporate a combined CV Note & CV Gate out into Propulsion so that we wouldn't have to use the EMI per channel? That would be pretty awesome!
I would suggest using a
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/
and feeding the notes with
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... generator/

dancing fool

17 May 2016

You could also use
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/volt-sl-1/
Than you have control with your keyboard. You could also trigger patterns with this one.
Also cool with Korde

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

BPGeez

18 May 2016

rcbuse wrote:
BPGeez wrote:@Buddard is there a way that you can incorporate a combined CV Note & CV Gate out into Propulsion so that we wouldn't have to use the EMI per channel? That would be pretty awesome!
I would suggest using a
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/
and feeding the notes with
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... generator/
Ok, so what is actually differentiating the gates from one another? For example which device is telling the sequencer to put Propulsion's channel 1 (maybe a gate for the kick) on a different lane than (say the gate for snare) on Channel 2 instead of recording them on the same lane?
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

damasio

27 Dec 2016

So this thing doesn't autowire? Dragging 16 cables each time i want to set it up is a complete buzzkill

Loque

27 Dec 2016

damasio wrote:So this thing doesn't autowire? Dragging 16 cables each time i want to set it up is a complete buzzkill
How do you want them cabled?
Reason12, Win10

Electric-Metal

27 Dec 2016

damasio wrote:So this thing doesn't autowire? Dragging 16 cables each time i want to set it up is a complete buzzkill
Where would you expect it to auto-wire to?

But you could create a Combinator with 1 Propulsion hooked up to 16 Kongs/Redrums and save this Combi-Patch.
;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

theshoemaker

27 Dec 2016

Cable once and setup a template for new song templates. Or use a combinator for more flexible use
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

damasio

14 Jan 2017

There are still a lot of things i expected it to be able to do but just can't. Limitations make this plugin have little to no value to me. But maybe i'm missing out:

If anyone can jump in please:

1 Pattern selection:
With redrum i can record pattern switches, and automate pattern selection so i can assign this to a controller button/knob.
I can't find out how to do this with propulsion

2 Use propulsion with NNXT or external midi:
Since you need to drag those cables around, it seems like i can only use propulsion with redrum and kong.
But i have hardware and NNXT with drum samples i wanted to use it with as well.
Is there no way to do this?

dvdrtldg

14 Jan 2017

damasio wrote:
1 Pattern selection:
With redrum i can record pattern switches, and automate pattern selection so i can assign this to a controller button/knob.
I can't find out how to do this with propulsion
Use "Track Parameter Automation" in the sequencer
2 Use propulsion with NNXT or external midi:
Since you need to drag those cables around, it seems like i can only use propulsion with redrum and kong.
But i have hardware and NNXT with drum samples i wanted to use it with as well.
Is there no way to do this?
Propulsion sends out a gate signal, not a note signal. You know, like a drum sequencer

damasio

14 Jan 2017

Use "Track Parameter Automation" in the sequencer
Yeah ok, but than i still can't assign buttons to track selection. Guess where all the fun and expression is?
Propulsion sends out a gate signal, not a note signal. You know, like a drum sequencer

It could easily send out note signals, it's just a design choice to not put in there.
Hint Hint

I still can't find a satisfactory way of using this plugin, i keep going back to redrum. Upgrades didn't address any of those issues unfortunately. Its about time PH gives the SDK a huge overhaul.

• Information