Propulsion is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Olivier

08 Jul 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... sequencer/

Propulsion is a 16 track percussion sequencer.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

Last edited by rcbuse on 13 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

TMPLT

08 Jul 2015

Hey guys,
I love this RE (trialling it right now)
Love all your stuff.
I have a quick question:
Is there a way to assign the midi note each sequencer track sends information to ?
I would like to use it to trigger an NNXT that has hi hat variations across many keys.
Assigning a midi note to the lane being sent would be awesome.
Again and, as usual, great work.
t

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

TMPLT wrote:Hey guys,
Love all your stuff.
I have a quick question:
Is there a way to assign the midi note each sequencer track sends information to ?
I would like to use it to trigger an NNXT that has hi hat variations across many keys.
t
Thats a feature that didn't make the first cut. Its on the todo list!

TMPLT

08 Jul 2015

Thanks for the reply.
For me that one thing would make the RE perfect.
Great work.
16 polyrhythmic patterns is a great toolbox to have.
Respect

Resonator

08 Jul 2015

Thats looks great. Im glad that I saved my trials for the Jackbox 808 and 909, since I want to try them with this sequencer.

TMPLT

08 Jul 2015

Oh yeah and,
an option where you could set the probability of each step occurring would also be a great thing to have (unless it's there and I'm missing it)

samplemachine

08 Jul 2015

Any flam or humanize functions?

Gardinski

08 Jul 2015

TMPLT wrote:Oh yeah and,
an option where you could set the probability of each step occurring would also be a great thing to have (unless it's there and I'm missing it)
I'd second that request. That would be a fantastic feature to add, if at all possible. (Something along the lines of Ochen's Probabilty Drum Trigger.)

I absolutely love what I've seen of Propulsion so far.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting any of the Combi patches to 'play'. The setups that I've built from scratch are all working fine, but for some reason I'm getting zero audio from any of the pre-built setups. I suspect it's me that's at fault, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

InavigableHeart

08 Jul 2015

This looks brilliant, thanks LP. I've been trialling Korde for the past 25days and am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I wont be able to live without it... And now this!?!? Any chance you might do a sequencer bundle?

Gardinski

08 Jul 2015

InavigableHeart wrote:This looks brilliant, thanks LP. I've been trialling Korde for the past 25days and am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I wont be able to live without it... And now this!?!? Any chance you might do a sequencer bundle?
Oooh - I've never looked at Korde, but I shall do so immediately on the strength of that. (And yes, a bundle would be very appealing! Wink wink.)

Faastwalker

08 Jul 2015

rcbuse wrote:
TMPLT wrote:Hey guys,
Love all your stuff.
I have a quick question:
t
Thats a feature that didn't make the first cut. Its on the todo list!
I'd love this as well. I have an external drum machine where each sound is triggered from a different incoming MIDI note. At present I can only control it from the sequencer or the Tick Tick sequencer, which has assignable MIDI note per track but isn't exactly feature rich. Having this ability on Propulsion would be awesome for me.

altron

09 Jul 2015

Gardinski wrote:
TMPLT wrote:
The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting any of the Combi patches to 'play'. The setups that I've built from scratch are all working fine, but for some reason I'm getting zero audio from any of the pre-built setups. I suspect it's me that's at fault, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Make sure the combi is connected to a mix channel which might not be the case if you browsed the combi patches from a Propulsion device.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Gardinski

09 Jul 2015

altron wrote:
Gardinski wrote:
Make sure the combi is connected to a mix channel which might not be the case if you browsed the combi patches from a Propulsion device.
Haha! Thanks Altron - that did the trick. I'm amazed by my own stupidity sometimes! :P

boobytrap

09 Jul 2015

Where i can find Copy pattern to track as a midi data or notes to track function like Metric and RPG-8.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (225.45 KiB) Viewed 4316 times

or which way it works ?
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Olivier

09 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:Where i can find Copy pattern to track as a midi data or notes to track function like Metric and RPG-8.

or which way it works ?
Unfortunately, the RE SDK currently does not support notes to track.
The only workaround currently available is to go through a midi loop outside of reason
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

boobytrap

09 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:
boobytrap wrote:Where i can find Copy pattern to track as a midi data or notes to track function like Metric and RPG-8.

or which way it works ?
The only workaround currently available is to go through a midi loop outside of reason
thanks for the info,
also can record as audio. but on that theory it's worthless. i mean, if reason SDK doesn't support what the purpose dev's make sequencers or like this.
note to track is a very basic elementary thing.it is history. is sequencer the most wanted thing at this moment ?
why nobody interest to make a wavetable Synth like Massive or ADDITIVE FM( final stage of synthesis) synth which like sytrus. isn't that what we need right now ? or a compresser with Threshold and ratio display.

decibel

09 Jul 2015

need electric panda super bundle

devilfish

09 Jul 2015

Killer Tool !

Just make it 25€ and Build in SDK 7.2 for COPY ALL INFORMATIONS TO TRACK!!!

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:

or which way it works ?
This feature really needs to be given high priority . It's something sorely missed currently . CV/Gate is a truly great feature within Reason but being able to edit MIDI Data is a useful option . Hopefully this will be arriving some time soon ? i know its nothing the dev can fix being an SDK limitation but hopefully dev's are lobbying hard for it?

This looks great . An ultimate mega bundle with option to complete for those with some element would be very tempting too. I know , i want the Moon on a stick !!
it is going to be interesting to compare it to Quadelectra's System 9. Also will Tick Tock be producing a new edition of the drum sequencer with some more features ?

boobytrap

10 Jul 2015

AJ_3000 wrote:
eauhm wrote:

or which way it works ?
This feature really needs to be given high priority . It's something sorely missed currently . CV/Gate is a truly great feature within Reason but being able to edit MIDI Data is a useful option . Hopefully this will be arriving some time soon ? i know its nothing the dev can fix being an SDK limitation but hopefully dev's are lobbying hard for it?

This looks great . An ultimate mega bundle with option to complete for those with some element would be very tempting too. I know , i want the Moon on a stick !!
it is going to be interesting to compare it to Quadelectra's System 9. Also will Tick Tock be producing a new edition of the drum sequencer with some more features ?
Seriously we need a note receiver device along with mix channel. Which can receive notes form another channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuKS7noim4o

Like what bigwig did v1.1

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:
eauhm wrote:

or which way it works ?
thanks for the info,
also can record as audio. but on that theory it's worthless. i mean, if reason SDK doesn't support what the purpose dev's make sequencers or like this.
note to track is a very basic elementary thing.it is history. is sequencer the most wanted thing at this moment ?
why nobody interest to make a wavetable Synth like Massive or ADDITIVE FM( final stage of synthesis) synth which like sytrus. isn't that what we need right now ? or a compresser with Threshold and ratio display.

I don't understand it either TBH. I still always go to redrum or matrix cause I can copy to track. I see this has some extra features and a grid with all drums displayed at once, but I am just going to say this, 65 euros/usd for a non sound generative drum sequencer plugin is just way too rich. This brand has some of the highest priced plugins in the shop but his pricing does not take the sdk limitations into account at all. This is one situation where I say save your pennies, open a rewire host and use the comparable and many freeware vst drum sequencers or the many better featured ones for half the price. Not sure I agree with your other comments, as to me more than anything, idt stuff is needed, not more synths. As far as a compressor with ratio and threshold display, i assume you mean the ones with the display box that show two graphic lines for ratio and threshold and where they meet, in a visual fashion, and sometimes with a knee curve visual as well? Personally i have never had the need for any such tool and find them annoying, but perhaps a dev could do one with optional such display, to please those who really do want it. I think this dev is all about cv plugins though so perhaps rather than ask for it in here you could make a general request topic to all devs, especially those known for creating plugins with their own sound generation or those known for making insert FX, to consider making those sort of synths and/or FX plugins. Cheers.

boobytrap

10 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote: I don't understand it either TBH. I still always go to redrum or matrix cause I can copy to track. I see this has some extra features and a grid with all drums displayed at once, but I am just going to say this, 65 euros/usd for a non sound generative drum sequencer plugin is just way too rich. This brand has some of the highest priced plugins in the shop but his pricing does not take the sdk limitations into account at all. This is one situation where I say save your pennies, open a rewire host and use the comparable and many freeware vst drum sequencers or the many better featured ones for half the price. Not sure I agree with your other comments, as to me more than anything, idt stuff is needed, not more synths. As far as a compressor with ratio and threshold display, i assume you mean the ones with the display box that show two graphic lines for ratio and threshold and where they meet, in a visual fashion, and sometimes with a knee curve visual as well? Personally i have never had the need for any such tool and find them annoying, but perhaps a dev could do one with optional such display, to please those who really do want it. I think this dev is all about cv plugins though so perhaps rather than ask for it in here you could make a general request topic to all devs, especially those known for creating plugins with their own sound generation or those known for making insert FX, to consider making those sort of synths and/or FX plugins. Cheers.
Not only this Dev. Most of RE Developers stick with CV based products. Nothing wrong with that, but we don't have any wavetable synthesiser. I'm not satisfied with mixfood or meteora romplers. Next thing is,Imagine if we could change harmonics of each operator in PX -7. That is a huge step in reason. That's more than waveforms. Addictive FM. Who wouldn't like it.
Can anyone make this sound using any RE without using any studio or creative fx RE.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gprv-cUDtfo

Like you said we don't want a synth like sylenth1 or Reveal Spire coz we got something like that. Which is antidote, predator and more.

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:
Theo.M wrote: I don't understand it either TBH. I still always go to redrum or matrix cause I can copy to track. I see this has some extra features and a grid with all drums displayed at once, but I am just going to say this, 65 euros/usd for a non sound generative drum sequencer plugin is just way too rich. This brand has some of the highest priced plugins in the shop but his pricing does not take the sdk limitations into account at all. This is one situation where I say save your pennies, open a rewire host and use the comparable and many freeware vst drum sequencers or the many better featured ones for half the price. Not sure I agree with your other comments, as to me more than anything, idt stuff is needed, not more synths. As far as a compressor with ratio and threshold display, i assume you mean the ones with the display box that show two graphic lines for ratio and threshold and where they meet, in a visual fashion, and sometimes with a knee curve visual as well? Personally i have never had the need for any such tool and find them annoying, but perhaps a dev could do one with optional such display, to please those who really do want it. I think this dev is all about cv plugins though so perhaps rather than ask for it in here you could make a general request topic to all devs, especially those known for creating plugins with their own sound generation or those known for making insert FX, to consider making those sort of synths and/or FX plugins. Cheers.
Not only this Dev. Most of RE Developers stick with CV based products. Nothing wrong with that, but we don't have any wavetable synthesiser. I'm not satisfied with mixfood or meteora romplers. Next thing is,Imagine if we could change harmonics of each operator in PX -7. That is a huge step in reason. That's more than waveforms. Addictive FM. Who wouldn't like it.
Can anyone make this sound using any RE without using any studio or creative fx RE.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gprv-cUDtfo

Like you said we don't want a synth like sylenth1 or Reveal Spire coz we got something like that. Which is antidote, predator and more.

How about a korg wavestation :puf_bigsmile: outdated but still one of my faves, and korg knows the re platform

The thing is, regardless, you won't be able to import your own wavetables into a wavetable synth, just like you can't import your own audio files into any of the additive synths, due to the RE limitation which has nothing to do with the developers. You need to hassle propellerhead about that. I can tell you I firmly believe the devs want all these missing features to be added, as for one thing, it will improve their sales. I know many are holding off cause the products are too limited vs the same prices in other formats, which allow import and export note to track. Codex from waves for example allows you to import your own audio files and turn them into wavetables. And it's often for $99 ($85 at a dealer), and sounds great. Perhaps devs aren't interested in putting such a huge effort in when they know people will complain they can't import their own files. Maybe we will see alot more of the stuff you want when propellerhead step up their game and update the SDK. That said who knows, maybe a ppg wave is on it's way, that would be good enough with the built in wavetables for now.

In the meantime, use the easy midi out of reason and just use NI stuff which have their own midi in, or through image line free minihhost alongside reason. It is easy to do and you can use any synth you want and control all the midi from reason :) They basically become like "external hardware" synths, and use a separate processing space in your machine so you will be able to make much more use of your machine's overall resources.

Oh, and "most developers" doing cv products is a bit much, don;t you think? Do i need to go count them? Yes there are plenty, but not "most".

dancing fool

11 Jul 2015

Great divice. Now i can controle my drum patterns from my controler live! With velocity
No copy to track? Who needs it!
When i want a drum rythm in my Reason sequencer i program it there.
For patterns I use Blocks.
But blocks don't have remote controle.
Propulsion does!

• Information