Propulsion is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ljekio

14 Jan 2017

rcbuse wrote:
BPGeez wrote:@Buddard is there a way that you can incorporate a combined CV Note & CV Gate out into Propulsion so that we wouldn't have to use the EMI per channel? That would be pretty awesome!
I would suggest using a
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/
Some values of this nice free tool have difference between hint of value info and output value.
Every turn I need check it for correctly. Or use yet another device for monitoring.

Propulsion is great and flexibility drumseq, but as before it lack of humanize (lite randomize) ability of note positions on time scale.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2017

ljekio wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
BPGeez wrote:@Buddard is there a way that you can incorporate a combined CV Note & CV Gate out into Propulsion so that we wouldn't have to use the EMI per channel? That would be pretty awesome!
I would suggest using a
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/
Some values of this nice free tool have difference between hint of value info and output value.
Every turn I need check it for correctly. Or use yet another device for monitoring.

Propulsion is great and flexibility drumseq, but as before it lack of humanize (lite randomize) ability of note positions on time scale.
There is a nice work around on this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7495892&p=273990&hi ... da#p273990 to copy to track

I got propulsion in the winter sale because of this (and at that time paid for JP Miranda which is now free) and it works a treat.

ljekio

14 Jan 2017

Thanks, but copy to track does not suit me because I want to control external drumset with Propulsion by MIDI.
And all is successful without humanize :)

GRIFTY

15 Jan 2017

Hmmm a humanize function would be cool. Great device as is too

dvdrtldg

15 Jan 2017

GRIFTY wrote:Hmmm a humanize function would be cool.
Modulating the Offset & Velocity via LFO goes some way towards this, is that what you mean?

ljekio

16 Jan 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
GRIFTY wrote:Hmmm a humanize function would be cool.
Modulating the Offset & Velocity via LFO goes some way towards this, is that what you mean?
I tried it unsuccessfully. Work in that operation I can't call correct, offset good working only for static position.

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2017

Change the resolution by Lane example: lane one 1/16, lane two 1/16T, lane three 1/32

I need that

Bumbum

04 Apr 2017

could someone explain the offset option, what does + and - values mean exactly ? :(

dvdrtldg

04 Apr 2017

Offset nudges the chosen lane's beat ahead of (+) or behind (-) the other lanes (a bit like the Slide function in Reason's groove mixer). Doesn't speed it up or slow it down, it just - well, offsets it

Bumbum

04 Apr 2017

ok i see, so what does the % value mean then ?
% of what ?

thanks for explaining!

manisnotabird

09 Jun 2017

Wish Propulsion had a probability lane a la Elektron or FXpansion's Geist/Tremor. Seems like an easy addition. I know about the Ochen K RE's but those are pretty limited.

MannequinRaces

10 Jun 2017

Bumbum wrote:ok i see, so what does the % value mean then ?
% of what ?

thanks for explaining!
Percent of the other lanes step duration. Page 9 of the manual if you're feeling like some light reading.

MannequinRaces

10 Jun 2017

manisnotabird wrote:Wish Propulsion had a probability lane a la Elektron or FXpansion's Geist/Tremor. Seems like an easy addition. I know about the Ochen K RE's but those are pretty limited.
That'd be cool!

ljekio

10 Jun 2017

BTW,
viewtopic.php?p=323980#p323980

I've tested with Propulsion's control of Superior Drummer - all works well.

And my another suggestion (after humanize) is CV outs for corresponding note numbers. Like at Tick Tick Step Sequencer's back.
I've solved it, but it's inconvenient.
While is situation when Propulsion i liked more then others and have it, but System 9 have humanize option and Tick Tick have CV Note outs. Me dislike to buy three devices for one goal :)

MirEko

19 Jun 2017

ljekio wrote:
10 Jun 2017
BTW,
viewtopic.php?p=323980#p323980

I've tested with Propulsion's control of Superior Drummer - all works well.

And my another suggestion (after humanize) is CV outs for corresponding note numbers. Like at Tick Tick Step Sequencer's back.
I've solved it, but it's inconvenient.
While is situation when Propulsion i liked more then others and have it, but System 9 have humanize option and Tick Tick have CV Note outs. Me dislike to buy three devices for one goal :)
I need note per out too, for vst triggering. Guess I could use korde instead in the meantime which isn't ideal
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Redster

19 Jun 2017

Right, here we go, here's 16 tracks of Propulsion running Kontakt StudioDrummer all routed to different output channels with a basic reverb and saturation.

You'll need:

MolPol - this combines the 16 outs into just gate and note (Thanks Ljekio)
CV8X4 - This generates the note data.

I have also used Softube saturation knob because its great.

All 3 of these RE's are free.

Download from dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/osw0yq4dy0hlo ... eason?dl=0

Notes:

- This is a song file in order to keep multi-outputs for the VST's into Reasons SSL. You can copy and paste the whole setup between song files in the normal way.
- There are 2 Kontakts running here in order to get 16 channels as MoPol is limited to 8 out only.
- I have optimised the 2 instances of Kontakt (removing unused drum channels, removing all on board FX)
- You can switch out the actual sampler for whatever you wish to use, but you may need to dial in the drums. The CV8X4's are labelled to make sense. I will make other song files for Abbey Roads Kits, Battery, Drumlab and DrumMic'a over the next few days, but thats all the VST's I have - if anyone wants to help with other VST drum devices then please get in touch.
- You can sweep each knob on the CV8x4's to choose the hit you wish to play (hold shift for fine tune) - this is set to StudioDrummer, which I think is pretty much general MIDI?
- There are 2 spiders in the chain here which are not yet used which I plan to put into action at some point to incorporate a print to track combinator as described by Fraxis here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7495892 (some help here would be great!)
- I will also make other versions for ReDrum, Matrix and System 9 because I like doing this kinda stuff.

Err... thats it for now.

Cheers.

Red

demt

27 Jun 2017

yeah i carnt record the audio from the 16 odd audio channels of the nnxt available without bouncing them witch is a shame as its a waste of sum great related sounds
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

AttenuationHz

01 Jul 2017

Is there any way to automate pattern selection on the sequencer without using a combinator?

Using a combinator the changes to pattern don't take effect until the pattern is changed. So if a songs ends on pattern 16 lets say when you return it to the beginning it will still be on 16 even though pattern 1 is automated to play from that point song pattern only changes when a change occurs on the sequencer. It may be a combinator issue.

What if the piano roll could select the patterns it would be a lot easier than setting up a combinator.

There is a workaround to the pattern reset at start though its an old fix to the a bug that was on automation :| can't remember what it fixed but it works for changing patterns.

Last edited by AttenuationHz on 01 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Electric-Metal

01 Jul 2017

Not sure if thats what you're asking for, but

prop.gif
prop.gif (56.41 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

AttenuationHz

01 Jul 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
01 Jul 2017
Not sure if thats what you're asking for, but

prop.gif
That's exactly what I'm looking for thanks :thumbs_up: I'm stuck in the old ways of alt clicking parameters to automate.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Bumbum

02 Nov 2017

panda and randomization....
so would it be possible to have random button to propulsion,so it could throw random pattern with random velocities and time signatures and so on.. :-D yes,you could use psq for those kind of sequences but its maybe too "random" and you cannot control it easily.

Emian

02 Nov 2017

Bumbum wrote:
02 Nov 2017
so would it be possible to have random button to propulsion,so it could throw random pattern with random velocities and time signatures and so on.. :-D yes,you could use psq for those kind of sequences but its maybe too "random" and you cannot control it easily.
you CAN randomize notes & velocity curves in Propulsion...

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Bumbum

02 Nov 2017

Emian wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Bumbum wrote:
02 Nov 2017
yeah, you are right,it was bad example.
but can you randomize position of steps,rate division, lenght of lane,offset value without cv ?

Emian

02 Nov 2017

Bumbum wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Emian wrote:
02 Nov 2017

but can you randomize position of steps,rate division, lenght of lane,offset value without cv ?
offcourse ! that's what the 'rand' button is for ! you can select to apply it to just note lane or just curve (velocity, length,...) or all :)

also the "rytm" button is a more logical variant of "rand" ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Bumbum

03 Nov 2017

Emian wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Bumbum wrote:
02 Nov 2017

offcourse ! that's what the 'rand' button is for ! you can select to apply it to just note lane or just curve (velocity, length,...) or all :)

also the "rytm" button is a more logical variant of "rand" ;)
crap, you are right again :D i didnt remember that it also changed velocities but the lane lenght it didnt change, also rate division is not part of that.

• Information