just bought A-List Acoustic Guitar

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

05 Jul 2015

Hello theo,

This is about 60% and just 3 days. What's the big deal about that. You can check at http://www.pluginboutique.com and jrrshop, then you can find insane, inhuman everyday sales up to 80%. However now I decide to not buy a-list if it's hurt you. Why would I need a guitar :re:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Theo.M

05 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:Hello theo,

This is about 60% and just 3 days. What's the big deal about that. You can check at http://www.pluginboutique.com and jrrshop, then you can find insane, inhuman everyday sales up to 80%. However now I decide to not buy a-list if it's hurt you. Why would I need a guitar :re:

Hello, you have done nothing wrong.. OMG please don't get that ANY of that was towards the customer. Please take advantage of the offer, just as I would, truly.

craven

05 Jul 2015

hey Theo,

I understand your pain - I had that with quite some REs myself (the rigs burned all of us early adopters in a way). It makes me sad to know that I could have saved so much money since I often did not use some REs as much as I thought I would.
For instance Revival. And then you see it 50% off and as part of the rig. However, as others said: If something is worth to you, decide if you can live with spending the asked amount even though it will most likely be on offer at some later point.
That's why I did not upgrade to Reason 8 so far and now I don't know what to do as I would like to have it - but don't want to pay for Reason 9 again. I save my hard earned money for Reason stuff and for a long time it felt good to support the Props. Now I see them more as any other business, not like 'my friends' :) My relationship with the props became much less personal.
:ugeek:

Theo.M

05 Jul 2015

craven wrote:hey Theo,

I understand your pain - I had that with quite some REs myself (the rigs burned all of us early adopters in a way). It makes me sad to know that I could have saved so much money since I often did not use some REs as much as I thought I would.
For instance Revival. And then you see it 50% off and as part of the rig. However, as others said: If something is worth to you, decide if you can live with spending the asked amount even though it will most likely be on offer at some later point.
That's why I did not upgrade to Reason 8 so far and now I don't know what to do as I would like to have it - but don't want to pay for Reason 9 again. I save my hard earned money for Reason stuff and for a long time it felt good to support the Props. Now I see them more as any other business, not like 'my friends' :) My relationship with the props became much less personal.

great post.. They have become more money focused than ever.. Can you imagine the goodwill they would earn (tell me any customer wouldn't get a smile on their face).. with this surprise email "Hey, thanks for being an awesome loyal customer. We have noticed you are just one RE short of a rig bundle, we'd like to offer it to you at this special price". Or "Hey, great news, here's a loyalty bonus for you - check out all the offers in this email (basically there might be bundle offers, upgrade offers, retro offers if you just missed something, offers of RE's for just upgrades rather than full versions, etc - just.. SOMETHING to say "we care").

The propellerhead of old (the one that did a PWYW upgrade once) - are gone for good. There is no reason to think, even momentarily, that they see each and every one of us as anything other than cash cows. Sure, i get they are a business, i get they need to stay afloat and also eat like each and every one of us.. and I get they aren't our friends.. But am I wrong to think that at one point, their interaction with us and the way we perceived the relationship, was indeed somewhat friendly?

I love everyone here, I care for all, I want all to prosper. But as a COMPANY (this has nothing to do with the wonderful products they make), i actually extensively dislike props - and i am becoming increasingly uncomfortable about it. This is why I said once at the PUF that I wanted out.. It honestly had NOTHING to do with the software - i would miss Reason *terribly* - but i really feel THAT uncomfortable about being in bed financially with propellerhead, because of the way i KNOW they see me, well, all of us. It's unnerving. The sheer lack of respect, to not fix authoriser problems after 3 years, the sheer lack of respect to those that have given them thousands of dollars for RE's, to not just ONE time, say "thanks". That's how I feel.

The honest to God truth is, if I could somehow reverse all this and go back to May 2014, I would have never come back, because of the money pit I truly feel it is. I am not a professional anymore, I am a home bedroom hobbyist. So for those like myself (and i am sure there must be some others here too that aren't making money from producing/composing?), money pit is actually the correct description.

Please don't anyone think I want trouble or there is even a tinsy wincy chance I will explode like Theo of old. You have my word that will absolutely never happen again. I just felt I needed to express this, and I hope i have done it in the most civilised way possible.

And to finish, please no one think that I regret being here or hate reason or any RE in any way - absolutely not - these last posts are fuelled purely from a financial perspective and nothing more - i feel I have been wronged, simple as that.

Theo.M

05 Jul 2015

boobytrap wrote:Hello theo,

99% of resellers work on the developer's current promotions and add their discount from there.. it all ties in with the predictable pattern i mentioned before. All other developers, without exception (in the plugin world), have bundle upgrades and version upgrades.. and allow you to demo version upgrades (can't at the prop store, the only way i can test the latest paid upgrade version of an RE is to buy it - true) - propellerhead have taken the worst approach possible to their system and pricing structure, and maximised the offence to the most extreme level possible to those that have paid their bills for them the last few years. I really do see it as simple as that.

craven

05 Jul 2015

on the other hand, I really want Props to be even more successful - complete your bundle would be awesome and is much needed IMHO.
Nevertheless, with all these difficulties (and there was always something to nag about) I'm very happy to be part of this community and the trouble with Props (closing the forum etc.) made us even stronger! And the Props are probably way less *evil* than we tend to think. Maybe just a bit clumsy at times :)

moneykube

05 Jul 2015

um… any patches I missed ???
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gak

06 Jul 2015

Checks the board. Sees that Delora has updated their software. Looks to see if anything other than RV has been added. Notices that rstouch supports a list acoustic. Remembers he has paypal money. Bought.

Don't you just love how I justify things?

decibel

06 Jul 2015

i got A-list electric a while back and barely touch it ever, was tempted by the price of the acoustic but had a moment of clarity and passed :)

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

eusti wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
eusti wrote:
Not quite sure I follow your logic... Why would you spend anything if you don't like it???

D.
You're right. but for me, this is a chance to save 60$. The point is the amount I can save. As a EDM lover, guitar is not so important To me. Who knows about the next price drop of A-List. Last Black Friday was 69. But this is the lowest. I believe if I buy now I can use it later.
Thanks for explaining. The question is always (for me): How much do I think the software / tool is worth to me? Am I willing to commit to spending this amount even though it might be offered cheaper at a later date? There is no general way to answer this... So, if you already know you'll buy something that includes the RE for cheaper, there is of course no reason to buy it now, especially with no "complete my bundle" feature at the shop...
But there could always be a bigger sale at the horizon... Does that mean you'll never buy?

D.
Yup. If you wait long enough, certain things cam become freeware/abandonware.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

TheGodOfRainbows

06 Jul 2015

Ok, on Props Shop, "Popular right now" has A-list for $39, but when I look at main page for A-list stuff the price is $99, when I log in suddenly the price is $99, and when I add to cart, the price is $99.

So what is going on?! If I missed this sale, I'm going to puke. How come the only thread I see is this one, and it doesn't mention in the title that it's on sale for 60% OFF?!?! That would have caught my attention.

moneykube

06 Jul 2015

sorry… bad title… bad pig… yes sale is over
I was thinking everyone knew about the sale from the props two sale notification emails… but it seems some people don't get the emails… I forgot this was the case for some... :oops:

gak

06 Jul 2015

This is going to be terrific for song ideas (and may even make it onto a couple of tracks) But me thinks there is a weird learning curve (as far as knowing what the hell keys do what :lol: )

challism

06 Jul 2015

Sorry to hear about all your wasted money, Theo. That's a lot of clams, my friend. :( Sounds like you have some bad timing. I would definitely wait for sales on any future RE purchases, if I were you (or me). It really pays off to wait.

Echobode and Ochen K products are another story. I don't think they ever go on sale... and is why I don't have Echobode. I do have a few Ochen K products. But I'm sure Echo is worth the full price. I just keep getting hit with sales on REs I want.... so..... I still don't have it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TheGodOfRainbows

07 Jul 2015

So, the few days I take off from checking the forums happens the few days when there is a great sale. And I completely missed it. I did get the email notification about the sale from Props, but I am so used to spam and junk, I ignored it. I've come to rely on the forums for important info on sales.

To add insult to injury, as I mentioned above, I must have been trying to access the PropShop at that magic moment in time when they were transitioning back to the regular price, so I saw $39 and $99 in two different places at once. I emailed Props the second I saw this and told them I want very much to not miss this sale and to contact me asap.

I've officially fallen out of love with Propellerhead. This ludicrous 60% off deal that came and went before I knew what happened is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm onboard with Theo now all the way. I feel punished for being a Reason user and supporter, not loved. I (we) should have received a 60% COUPON that we could have used for these REs that don't expire over A BUSY HOLIDAY WEEKEND when people are LESS likely to be focused on their computer, therefore missing the sale.

So yeah Theo, I'm with you, and I'm done. I'm not spending another dollar on anything in the Shop until I am rewarded for being a loyal Reason user, or until the A-list REs are 75% off. The same goes for all new REs from here on out. I was going to buy ABL3 and ProjectSAM Orchestral. Nope. When they are 75% off, I will. Otherwise, I have infinite patience and can wait the 1, 2 or 3 years it takes until those REs do reach that price.
Last edited by TheGodOfRainbows on 12 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Theo.M

07 Jul 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:So, the few days I take off from checking the forums happens the few days when there is a great sale. And I completely missed it. I did get the email notification about the sale from Props, but I am so used to spam and junk, I ignored it. I've come to rely on the forums for important info on sales.

To add insult to injury, as I mentioned above, I must have been trying to access the PropShop at that magic moment in time when they were transitioning back to the regular price, so I saw $39 and $99 in two different places at once. I emailed Props the second I saw this and told them I want very much to not miss this sale and to contact me asap. Well I haven't heard from them (so thanks alot for that btw Props).

I've officially fallen out of love with Propellerhead. This ludicrous 60% off deal that came and went before I knew what happened is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm onboard with Theo now all the way. I feel punished for being a Reason user and supporter, not loved. I (we) should have received a 60% COUPON that we could have used for these REs that don't expire over A BUSY HOLIDAY WEEKEND when people are LESS likely to be focused on their computer, therefore missing the sale.

So yeah Theo, I'm with you, and I'm done. I'm not spending another dollar on anything in the Shop until I am rewarded for being a loyal Reason user, or until the A-list REs are 75% off. The same goes for all new REs from here on out. I was going to buy ABL3 and ProjectSAM Orchestral. Nope. When they are 75% off, I will. Otherwise, I have infinite patience and can wait the 1, 2 or 3 years it takes until those REs do reach that price.

I feel for you but in this case that sale will come around again. You will just need (perhaps a lot) of patience. Even i would be surprised if they are ever cheaper than $39 though, i was anger joking that they would be $29 for a bundle. But at some point they will add them to reason itself for free along with hundreds of dollars of other stuff, and of course to rig bundles. I wish i could sell and re buy reason and get all the bonus RE's, but since I have them all I can't do anything with duplicate licenses, since they won't allow me to avail myself of my account. Anyway that's another story.

It's a shame one can't turn emails from props on and off via categories, that it's all or nothing. i'd like emails about sales and nothing else, but they are the toothpick in the ocean in this case, as it's seemingly non stop emails about other stuff, so i do understand it's very easy to miss, especially with oft ambiguous titles. They just expect you to open every single email from them and read it because they are so awesome.

moneykube

07 Jul 2015

sorry again… next time I will be better with my titles

TheGodOfRainbows

07 Jul 2015

moneykube wrote:sorry again… next time I will be better with my titles
I'm sorry if I implied that I blame you moneykube. I mean yeah, it would have definitely caught my attention, but ultimately, I blame Props for not getting my attention. I don't know how I managed to miss it because I normally peruse the forums and the Prop Shop practically everyday, so it's just uncanny that the few days I skipped were the days I needed to pay the most attention to. Lesson learned. Now, I will check email, ReasonTalk and the PropShop each and every day for sales.

If there was a way to have text messages sent to my phone for sales only events, that would be great. I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do something like that. My email account is a wasteland of billions of P3N1S Pill ads and countless other ads from every store I've ever shopped at since 2005, and they stack up until I have 150 unread emails wherein the ads I DO care about get lost.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'll stop complaining now.

:D

Theo.M

07 Jul 2015

Hey GOR, can't you just create a rule in your email client to automatically move any emails from props to a dedicated 'props only' folder of your choice, and just simply look inside that folder either once a day or every couple of days? Are you win or mac? On mac that would take mere seconds and I can guide you through it, but I am sure there would have to be email clients doing the same thing on windows.

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Jul 2015

Theo actually yes, I can do that with Gmail. It's just that until now, I've never had a need because I've always been such a regular (lurker) on the old PUF as well as ReasonTalk and have more or less relied on that as being my "news" source for all things Propellerhead.

Like I mentioned, I've basically abandoned sorting through emails for anything other than family and friends because I've let my email account be overrun with too many subscriptions to this that and the other thing, ads promos, etc. It's my fault. I will do exactly what you say and create a label/filter for Props only. I just got lazy with my email organization and started ignoring it for days at a time. Like I said, lesson learned. Thank you for your suggestion! I'm on it now!

PS - Sorry for derailing this thread D:

craven

08 Jul 2015

the new inbox system of google is meant to make these things easier, maybe you want to give it a try? http://www.google.com/inbox/

craven

08 Jul 2015

and back to topic:

who bought one or two A-Lists and what are you creating with them? Let's link some soundcloud stuff :)

TheGodOfRainbows

17 Jul 2015

I just wanted to come back here now that I've calmed down and mention something good that happened. As I explained above about seeing the sale price and regular prices simultaneously, I explained this to Prop support.

A well known rep from Propellerhead replied several days later (better late than never), and let's just say, he made things right. So, I just wanted to brag on them for doing something nice for one of us (us being the diehard Reason community).

(edits are for bad grammar)

eusti

17 Jul 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I just wanted to come back here now that I've calmed down and mention something good that happened. As I explained above about seeing the sale price and regular prices simultaneously, I explained this to Prop support.

A well known rep from Propellerhead replied several days later (better late than never), and let's just say, he made things right. So, I just wanted to brag on them for doing something nice for one of us (us being the diehard Reason community).

(edits are for bad grammar)
Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing!

D.

challism

18 Jul 2015

I'm glad they helped you out, TheGodofRainbows. A similar story with me: I missed buying Pulsar during the March madness sale because the shopping cart wouldn't accept my paypal or my credit card at checkout. It was a very odd glitch, so I took a screen shot of it and emailed support. About a week later, they gave me a license of Pulsar for free! I was very pleased how they took care of me. Nice customer service, Props!!

Back on topic: I got both A-list RE's and I love them. I love how you can adjust the feel and swing. There are so many different patterns and styles to chose from. They are also very good when you adjust the tempo of a song, something I figured wouldn't sound right, but it's spot on. The Props did a really great job with these. I have been having a lot of fun with them, when I have had a chance. I wonder what other A-list REs may come in the future?

Honestly, I have been too busy beta testing 4 REs in a row, and I haven't had much time to spend creating, because I've been spending all my Reason time finding bugs. But one beta has ended and is now in the shop, annd the other 3 are wrapping up soon (you guys are gonna love at least 2 of the 3) and then I will get back to more dedicated writing and creating. I can't wait to give them some devoted time!

I, too, would like to hear some things you guys have made with A-list.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information