stuck on the fence/ looking for someone to give me that extra push/ pull.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
syrokitty

01 Jul 2015

(and no, I'm not talking about the controller(or purity ring's latest smash for that matter ;) ..))

Anyways.. so, we're here, moments away from the end of the softube sale and I can't decide if I should grab Trident as well or hold off considering I've heard several people suggest that Synapse's GQ7 is the ceiling of EQ's for them. I just spent 89 on FET.. I'm having a hard time justifying spending another 89. To wait or not to wait. That is the question. hmm...

EnochLight

01 Jul 2015

syrokitty wrote:(and no, I'm not talking about the controller(or purity ring's latest smash for that matter ;) ..))

Anyways.. so, we're here, moments away from the end of the softube sale and I can't decide if I should grab Trident as well or hold off considering I've heard several people suggest that Synapse's GQ7 is the ceiling of EQ's for them. I just spent 89 on FET.. I'm having a hard time justifying spending another 89. To wait or not to wait. That is the question. hmm...
If you're looking to emulate the analog sound of an actual Trident A-Range channel strip (an exact virtual model of channel 15 of the Trident A-Range at Sweet Silence Studio 'B' in Denmark), like fiddling knobs, then the Softube Trident is your eq.  If you're looking for a parametric shelving eq with interactive graphical controls, built-in spectral display, auto-gain compensation, and a surgical control over eq'ing, then GQ-7 is your eq.

The two offer a completely different approach to eq'ing, really.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jfrichards

01 Jul 2015

Have you trialed it?  What did you think?  For me, it is beautiful, easy, and extremely useful.  What does it do for me?

Adds a broad harmonic sheen for pianos and strings.
Adds a broader ambience for drums, like having extra mics on the set.
Adds a 3000 Hz presence for electric guitar like no other EQ I know, very classic powerful British rock sound.
Gives a super quick Pultec trick bass sound for kicks, all bass tracks, and for LA-style mastering.  Heavy bass with no mud.
Perfect anti-mud sculpting on individual tracks and mastering by dropping the 500 Hz 4-6dB.
Quick and smooth reduction in high end squeakiness/spiking/aliasing with the little buttons on the left.
Numerous other uses to make everything more beautiful and distinct.  I don't use the saturation, maybe too subtle or dampening for me.
It works well in conjunction with the SSL mixer.  Each one brings out the other.  I use several instances in every song.
It's the exact professional tone I was always looking for in digital recording.
Magical for me.

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

Or you can just wait ! They will always have sales.
my opinion is go with the GQ 7..... I don't even look at the Mclass eq anymore. Also if your ears are not trained, it will take a bit to get that oh my god feeling with some of these devices!.

But with GQ7 it will become extremely USEFUL really quick. The Mid side eqing is GOLD !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information