tritone and mutagen re: peoples thoughts

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
thotbott

30 Jun 2015

i am thinking of buying these, any thoughts etc on these, are they worth it

Edit: didnt mean to hit submit so abruptly. Am looking for a distortion unite for kickdrums mainly. I see one of these is a wave shaper and the other is multiband distortion. I have used my tried buttons on these and cant remember for the life of me what they sound like or if i liked them :P

motuscott

30 Jun 2015

I had a Tritone plug in back in my AU days, Valve 67 or something. It was nice.
It was a simpler world back then
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

30 Jun 2015

I'm quite partial to Mutagen myself, but then again I would be  :D

In all seriousness though, Mutagen is more than just a multiband distortion as it can also function in single band, parallel and serial modes. In addition, it also has extensive modulation capabilities, with stereo LFOs on each distortion processor, and a fully-assignable envelope follower, which can prove very useful for rhythmic material such as drums. With 15 custom wave-shaping/lo-fi algorithms (and more coming soon), it could well be what you're looking for.

I would say more, but I believe decorum requires that I not plug my own gear too much. Indeed, it may be worth your while to request demo resets on both REs. They're not always approved, and it can sometimes take a while (up to several months), but there really is no better way than to try for yourself.

Cheers,

Dom

Disclosure: In case it wasn't clear, I'm the lead interface designer at AirRaid Audio, creator of Mutagen.
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

pjeudy

30 Jun 2015

AirRaidAudio wrote:Disclosure: In case it wasn't clear, I'm the lead designer at AirRaid Audio, creator of Mutagen.
Excuse my language ..ok?
I f*cking Love ALL 3 of your devices !!!! Killer.Killer,Killer!
If Reason supported Switchable panel...I would loooove for you to offer one device with (distortion,delay,panning) something along the line of this.....

keep in mind I'm not talking about the display or GUI !!...but the fact that it's all in one device...WOULD BE GREAT I think!
I hooked up All 3 device and Man I got some KILLER sounds ....

Maybe a smaller version in one device would be cool .!!! Like you have 3 bands on all your devices (high,mid,low) on a smaller version in one device you can have 1 entire band but with 3 section....one distortion,one panning and the other delay...with all the same parameters ..including the  Mid,side  :)

I know there's probably a 0.001 % chance that will happen, but that would be nice an clean in one package....Love them all !

Some sounds I did with your devices in a short time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6378dl3vyphsz ... o.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d8mb6dwiroif ... r.mp3?dl=0

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

pjeudy wrote:I f*cking Love ALL 3 of your devices !!!! Killer.Killer,Killer!
Hey thanks, I'm very happy to hear this.

We have received a lot of requests for single band versions of each device, and with good reason, so we've actually gone and done something with that.

Having said that, it would not have satisfied us to rehash existant code as is. Sure, single band devices would have sold plenty, and made many customers happy, but I wouldn't have been content selling you the exact same functionality twice over. I think you guys deserve more than that!

Hence, we've gone above and beyond to create a new concept, specific to Reason, which should satisfy both the demand for single band units and our desire to innovate. We're currently looking at a end of summer release, and I've already begun teasing screen shots on Twitter, so look out for that!

Meanwhile, I thoroughly enjoyed your sounds, and if you post them to SoundCloud, I'll be happy to link to them from our accounts.

Cheers,

Dom

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

AirRaidAudio wrote: I've already begun teasing screen shots on Twitter, so look out for that

:s0221:
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Faastwalker

01 Jul 2015

8 new devices apparently!! Bloody good going if this is the case. Anything less is still good going ;)

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

I see it on there twitter account.... yes they are working on 8 devices :-)

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:8 new devices apparently!! Bloody good going if this is the case. Anything less is still good going ;)
But how many of those will be FREE devices?  :s0826:

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:8 new devices apparently!! Bloody good going if this is the case. Anything less is still good going ;)
AirRaidAudio wrote: But how many of those will be FREE devices?  :s0826:
Lol..The plot thickens!

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

@AirRaid Audio.... I know your not sharing too much info...yet...but I think you should start a new thread teaser thread with the pics if course!

This thread is actually about another device also :-) would love to keep it AirRaid Audio.

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

01 Jul 2015

Fair point, and my apologies to Sound Mod. I'll reserve future teases for our Twitter feed and start a dedicated thread closer to the release. 

Cheers,

Dom

dhruan

01 Jul 2015

thotbott wrote:i am thinking of buying these, any thoughts etc on these, are they worth it

Edit: didnt mean to hit submit so abruptly. Am looking for a distortion unite for kickdrums mainly. I see one of these is a wave shaper and the other is multiband distortion. I have used my tried buttons on these and cant remember for the life of me what they sound like or if i liked them :P
+1 for getting Tritone, it has been my go to distortion unit since it came out. Sometimes a bit heavy on DSP but love the versatility and algos.

Mutagen > tried it when it came out, didn't really click or gel so will have to demo the 1.5 release. Seems that ARA has made major improvements to the initial design so I am really looking forward to having the time to demo updated version. As in, creative FXs, one can never have too many of them... ;)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

pjeudy

01 Jul 2015

AirRaidAudio wrote:Fair point, and my apologies to Sound Mod. I'll reserve future teases for our Twitter feed and start a dedicated thread closer to the release. 

Cheers,

Dom
Ah I understand....! I'm happy to know of your up coming devices!

freeQlow

14 Jul 2015

Man, Mutagenesis is my next purchase.

All this talk.....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1426728663714.jpg
FB_IMG_1426728663714.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 1135 times

• Information