Rob Papen next RE release request - a port this time, hear me out (pls).

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

The reason I am suggesting this is because we may have the two props RE's but this is focused purely on funk/house/dance and an EDM guitar pattern device would be so useful.

I am talking about RG, a rather under appreciated little rocker from the fabulous RP and Jon :)

It has a sequencer similar to predator and Sub Boom, so it could fit into the rack (i think, but please correct me if I am wrong), and the main reason I really love it is because it takes seconds to create ones *own* tempo synced patterns.
See with the A- List, we are limited to pre built patterns. Sure with creative keyboard rhythm playing and the key switches we can somewhat create our own, but to do this RG is basically, well, made for it. Imagine a step sequencer designed entirely around funky guitar rhythms. And the samples are pretty decent too (it's electric only but would also love to see an acoustic version).

So I will do this poll as I know those guys to be awesomely friendly and i believe if we want it they will listen.. Hey i could be alone here and totally off the mark which is why the poll! :)

http://www.robpapen.com/rg.html

Cheers and thanks for voting :)

Dante

23 Jun 2015

It's a great idea but the issue is overlap with the A-lists, of which I have both. So I would have to trial it first to see what functionality it brings that isn't already covered.

Actually I was thinking of an RE version of Shreddage geared towards lead guitar might be the go. I already have the Refill, but it doesn't sound as good as a real lead guitar in regards lead breaks. And I think that's where there's still room in the market

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

Dante wrote:It's a great idea but the issue is overlap with the A-lists, of which I have both. So I would have to trial it first to see what functionality it brings that isn't already covered. Actually I was thinking of an RE version of Shreddage geared towards lead guitar might be the go. I already have the Refill, but it doesn't sound as good as a real lead guitar in regards lead breaks. And I think that's where there's still room in the market
Can't argue with any of that here... i would love a proper kontakt style major guitar library in RE format..

RG sounds very different from A list though and is programmed an entirely different way. I have been through every single one of a list's patterns and I can't see myself ever using it for dance, at most, pop... Re is actually *designed* for EDM therefore they actually complement each other, not to mentioned you have total control over the actual sequence pattern :) Definitely work a download of the demo and trying it standalone or in another host.. or even trying it in the free image line minihost via reason's ext instr :)  

Exowildebeest

23 Jun 2015

Sorry, lost me at "EDM guitar pattern". Not interested.

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Sorry, lost me at "EDM guitar pattern". Not interested.
Of course, fair enough, we all write different styles.

Just to be fair to RP though, it can be used from pop and funk/rnb also, but it is the only one i know of that can be used in dance floor stuff as well and sound like it fits into the electronic music.

Alkua

23 Jun 2015

What Refill is that?

eusti

23 Jun 2015

I'd sure be interested. Although by now I probably should learn to play the guitar... :P

D.

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:
What Refill is that?
He means my first post stating that the rob papen RG instrument is great for creating edm guitar patterns.

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

eusti wrote:I'd sure be interested. Although by now I probably should learn to play the guitar... :P

D.
That's the whole beauty of stuff like this! To not have to!

:P

eusti

23 Jun 2015

NI's Scarbee seems to be a bit more advanced though... I know NI's not very likely to come to Reason, but still their product seems much more recent and powerful...

D.

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

i thought the NI had pre built patterns though? Kind of like A-list? The whole point of RG is that you yourself create the exact timing and sequencing of the pattern.

eusti

23 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:i thought the NI had pre built patterns though? Kind of like A-list? The whole point of RG is that you yourself create the exact timing and sequencing of the pattern.
You might be right on that one... The NI one just sounds a lot better to my ears... :P

D.

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:i thought the NI had pre built patterns though? Kind of like A-list? The whole point of RG is that you yourself create the exact timing and sequencing of the pattern.
eusti wrote:
You might be right on that one... The NI one just sounds a lot better to my ears... :P

D.
the latest RG adds new guitar samples.. did you try the latest demo or do you have it?

MDTerps2015

23 Jun 2015

That was funny as heck. Do be so cruel, its a good topic. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

thala

24 Jun 2015

hey. i would like a creative multi effect with touch display and vecto features. a effect somewhere between korg kaoss quad and the NI-traktor effect section. and for shure some creative features that can be only delivered by limited SDK :P

eusti

24 Jun 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
Theo.M wrote:
the latest RG adds new guitar samples.. did you try the latest demo or do you have it?
Just going by their online demos and youtube videos.

D.

arqui

24 Jun 2015

RP-Amod please
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Gorilla Texas

24 Jun 2015

It does but it also has a editor where you can add notes slides and more.

Theo.M

24 Jun 2015

Gorilla Texas wrote:
but does it actually have a way you can create a pattern itself from scratch?

Gorilla Texas

24 Jun 2015

Gorilla Texas wrote:
Theo.M wrote:
but does it actually have a way you can create a pattern itself from scratch?
Yes sir.
Attachments
Kontakt_5.jpg
Kontakt_5.jpg (343.86 KiB) Viewed 1330 times

Theo.M

24 Jun 2015

well that's cool, as long as thats not triggering pre built patterns then yeah, pretty cool :)

• Information