Step 1.0.1 update is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

17 Jun 2015

The first update of Step Note Recorder, 1.0.1, is in the shop now! It's of course a free update for existing users, and includes the following changes:
  • Record ties by playing legato (optional)
  • New CV connections for Tie and Position
  • All Thru connections now double as Outputs (when nothing is connected to the corresponding Input)
  • Improved Remote support
  • Rewinding Reason’s sequencer to the beginning when stopped will now trigger a Reset in all externally clocked Step instances
  • Decreased the sensitivity when dragging values in the display
  • Improved performance
We also made a video that shows off the new features, narrated by Nick Curry:

And as a bonus, here's the first of a number of tutorials we are producing for Step:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jun 2015

Sounds like he should cut down on the Stolen Jalfrezi... ;)

/ducks

Sorry!

Nice vids, cool update, budd!

Emian

17 Jun 2015

the videos are really good !!

Congratz on the update !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

ncurry

17 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Sounds like he should cut down on the Stolen Jalfrezi...
Well, my wife tells me I'm one spicy dish, but that's conversation for a different forum!

Great device that continues to get better.

buddard
RE Developer

18 Jun 2015

The update is available now, by the way!

tiker01

18 Jun 2015

I really like the new videos/tutorials. I hope they will draw the attention to Step. I suggest you make a tutorial just with Step and ABL2/ABL2. ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Emian

18 Jun 2015

tiker01 wrote:I really like the new videos/tutorials. I hope they will draw the attention to Step. I suggest you make a tutorial just with Step and ABL2/ABL2. ;)

Good idea for a future video.

For my ABL3 contest entry i used Step to record a matrix pattern  to send to ABL3's CV/Gate input afterwards...

After fiddling some more i ended up recording from Matrix to Step ; Step to ABL3 ; Matrix to ABL3, ...

Many cool possibilities here; usin' the combinator for recording in Step from Matrix, ABL3,... & then take advantage of the MIDI transpose function really deserves a video IMO ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

geronimo

18 Jun 2015

Emian wrote:
Many cool possibilities here; usin' the combinator for recording in Step from Matrix, ABL3,... & then take advantage of the MIDI transpose function really deserves a video IMO ;)
I can't record the MATRIX sequences with Step Note Recorder: how to connect them ?
I tried many things with CV / GATE but nothing .

hamu

18 Jun 2015

Emian wrote:
geronimo wrote: I can't record the MATRIX sequences with Step Note Recorder: how to connect them ?
I tried many things with CV / GATE but nothing .
Connect the gate and note CV outputs from the Matrix to the inputs of a combinator, and include a Step inside the combinator. Make the Matrix run and hit Record on Step.  :s0230:

geronimo

18 Jun 2015

I would not have found it alone: REASON is really a technically inspired abyss . :s0238:
Many thanks _

pjeudy

18 Jun 2015

Very good tutorial !!! Maybe you can Mute the Metronome clock or lower it's level a little...I didn't know that step was this cool !!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

buddard
RE Developer

18 Jun 2015

Emian wrote:Many cool possibilities here; usin' the combinator for recording in Step from Matrix, ABL3,... & then take advantage of the MIDI transpose function really deserves a video IMO ;)
Yes, we definitely want to do a tutorial focusing on transposing and scaling sequences in Step, since you can do pretty advanced stuff with those features!

buddard
RE Developer

18 Jun 2015

pjeudy wrote:Very good tutorial !!! Maybe you can Mute the Metronome clock or lower it's level a little...I didn't know that step was this cool !!
Good point, I'll make sure to lower the metronome a bit in future videos.  :)

hydlide

18 Jun 2015

Nice update, I have the Note Step Sequencer myself. While I loved the Tie function in the matrix, this update will add that nice "glide" set up from this device. I am glad you implemented it, and it works pretty well
especially love the idea to tie multiple step sequencers as presented in the videos, awesome job there.

challism

19 Jun 2015

Nice videos.  And badass update.  Thank you, Robotic Bean!  I love Step and Euclid.  Looking forward to what you have in store for us in the future!!

Thanks again for the update.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

brennan

21 Jun 2015

I love this rack extension the update is fantastic thanks for this

EddieG

21 Jun 2015

yep -awesome for certain
but my trial isnt over and the price went up !
great stuff
stratcatfl in the house !

• Information