The need for arbitrary RE UI controllers, ...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2015

With the power available in combinators I think there is room for a special class of Rack Extension: the controller interface.

A controller interface is nothing more than a user interface that outputs the values of the knobs. It might even include some fancy display scripts to control the device, but at its core the device is little more than an interface.

This interface can then be routed to inputs inside the combinator (designed to support the interface) as well a rack extensions that are nothing more than audio processing devices without a user interface!

This allows something quite phenomenal; the separation of design and processing as well as injecting more life into the world of combinator design as well as giving designers an immediate outlet for their skills.

Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2015

Yes there are some controller boards but they aren't a patch on what a Super Combinator could be if it had 99 Knobs, Sliders, Buttons all with ability to be laid out and labelled like a DIY GUI.

Of course that doesn't quite match the way Reason works so is a huge rewrite - even if done under something like IDT.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

electrofux

17 Jun 2015

You can go pretty far with one of Hamus ModPanels and the 10 Inputs of a Combinator. But sure a new Combinator would be awesome and was suggested for years.

devilfish

17 Jun 2015

Yes please..
Super Combinator..
With switchable Custom display Pages.
For example:
Osc, Env, Amp, Delay, Filter, Reverb, +++++++

Just a new Super Combinator with almost endless Custom Display Pages !!!

hamu

17 Jun 2015

I'd love some super combinator too, even if it would shove my control panels into oblivion. 
And please, make it possible to include current combinators inside! Just such two levels would be aaaawsome.

• Information