Pattern Exporter for System9 Miltple Pattern Sequencer Is Now Available!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
LaptopMusician

15 Jun 2015

Quadelectra has released a pattern editor for their System 9 RE. It's a stand alone application and is available for free to System 9 owners. Check out quadelectra.com

normen

15 Jun 2015

I see a pattern to midi exporter.. Is it also an editor?

LaptopMusician

15 Jun 2015

Not sure. They call it an Explorer - I presume you can. Not downloaded it yet.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

15 Jun 2015

I just had a look at the manual. If I'm not wrong you load a System 9 patch and save the included patterns separately as MIDI files. So, it's no editor (which wouldn't make any sense without hearing what you do) but just a converter instead.

Enterface

15 Jun 2015

I was disappointed to find out that the System 9 didn't allow the user to "copy notes to track". Then I realized that this is a limitation set by the current SDK and not the System 9 RE. I'm glad that Quadelectra has come up with a temporary work around. I've also heard a rumor that someone is currently developing a solution for the lack of this necessary feature in all current REs. Excited to see what it might be.

buddard
RE Developer

15 Jun 2015

Enterface wrote:I was disappointed to find out that the System 9 didn't allow the user to "copy notes to track". Then I realized that this is a limitation set by the current SDK and not the System 9 RE. I'm glad that Quadelectra has come up with a temporary work around. I've also heard a rumor that someone is currently developing a solution for the lack of this necessary feature in all current REs. Excited to see what it might be.
Or perhaps this is what those rumors were referring to?

electrochoc (PRX-A)

15 Jun 2015

Enterface wrote:I was disappointed to find out that the System 9 didn't allow the user to "copy notes to track". Then I realized that this is a limitation set by the current SDK and not the System 9 RE. I'm glad that Quadelectra has come up with a temporary work around. I've also heard a rumor that someone is currently developing a solution for the lack of this necessary feature in all current REs. Excited to see what it might be.
buddard wrote: Or perhaps this is what those rumors were referring to?
That would be my guess too! :D
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 Jun 2015

buddard wrote: Or perhaps this is what those rumors were referring to?
Yes, this is what we were referring to.  It's a clever workaround that other Re developers can opt to build for their sequencer devices.  Although this is not as convenient as "copy notes to track", it is the next best thing until such time.
ImageImageImage

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2015

Good of Quadelectra to go to the trouble of creating a workaround for the lack of 'notes to track'. Kudos to them ;)

quadelectra

16 Jun 2015

Hello Forum Members, and nice to meet you all.

Many people have asked us, if we could add an "Events-To-Note Lane" option to our System 9 Multipattern Sequencer.

Unfortunatelly as you know this is not possible due to the RE SDK limitations!

However we figure out a way -probably the second best- to provide a solution to this request: The System 9 Pattern Exporter will load a System 9 Patch and turn it to MID files, ready to import in Reason or any other DAW of your choice.

To take this concept a notch higher, we've added some extra features, such as:
  • Custom Tempo
  • PPQn Setting
  • Trigger Mapping To MIDI Keys
  • Parameter Mapping To MIDI CC
... plus more ...

System 9 Pattern Exporter is free for all System9 Owners and Demo Users. Check it out @ http://bit.ly/1JTCNqq
Theo - Quadelectra

Leighbeater

16 Jun 2015

I haven,t got this RE but I give you a round of applause for thinking out of the box and coming up with this

It shows that you care for your customers

simon flower

16 Jun 2015

Really awesome guys. Any chance for Mercury!?!?! Mercury would become even more amazing.  

quadelectra

16 Jun 2015

Thank you all for your support and kind comments :)

@Simon Flower: Mercury needs a different approach. We have some good ides on how an exporter could be implemented. So its not something out of reach.

MirEko

16 Jun 2015

Well played!! Very cool :)
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

O1B

17 Jun 2015

MirEko wrote:Well played!! Very cool :)
Indeed.  Works well.  Im hoping for a 707/727/909/808/System9 Bundle to complement Tick/Boom RE and AIRA gear.  

QE Fan.  I have all their REcords. 

Lunesis

17 Jun 2015

I merged these two threads for the sake of tidiness. It looks like when I merge threads it orders the posts by their timestamps, so the OP is in the middle of the thread. I guess next time I will just fold the newer thread into the older thread instead of vice versa.

• Information