Which developers have dropped their USD prices?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

15 Jun 2015

With the recent price change in the shop, developers have basically been given two choices; Raise EU prices or drop USD prices.  Has anybody taken note of which developers have dropped the USD prices?  I thought it would be a worthwhile thread to post here, since most of them seem to have raised the EU price, instead.  And also dropping the USD price is basically putting the RE on permanent sale.

Thanks!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pbc278

15 Jun 2015

Your assumption is incorrect. None of us raised their Euro prices. We only could lower the price-tier so when the Euro prices would be set equal to USD prices, the Euro prices stayed the same resulting in a lower USD price. So no developer raised their Euro prices that was the work of Propellerhead...

But an intire thread was already written on this subject

Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

challism

15 Jun 2015

OK, you are getting caught up in the details.  The point remains the same, the EU price went up, or the USD price went down.  So I am still asking the same question, which developers have lowered USD prices?

Olivier

15 Jun 2015

The only thing i see coming from this is yet another thread on comparing USD to EUR prices. Prices willl always fluctuate.
As a european resident, if i had any choice in wether to pay in EUR or USD this list would be usefull. But i don't, because i don't evade taxes. The only thing that matters is wether the price at the moment is right for you.

So do we still really need another thread on this ? :)

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

challism

15 Jun 2015

This thread is different, because it is asking to pin point which developers have opted to drop their USD prices.  USD has been weaker than EU for many,many years now.  Currencies don't fluctuate **THAT** much.  And I can say that as someone who pays attention to the ForEx on a daily basis.

Anyway, if you don't like the thread, don't contribute to it.  :)

PS:  EU buyers have had a nice break in the price since the introduction of REs, by having a stronger currency.  Now you are simply paying the equivalent of what we, in the USA, have been paying.

gullum

15 Jun 2015

I have always paid in $ so to me it matter if a RE is lowered in $ price. This means I'll pay less for the re then I did before

electrochoc (PRX-A)

15 Jun 2015

To answer your initial question, as far as I can see, there are only three developers who lowered their (or some of their) US prices (or their price-tier if you prefer) when the USD/EUR parity has been made by Propellerhead: Rob Papen (all REs), Jiggery-Pokery (all non-9$ REs) and Zvork (Le Space only).
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Ostermilk

15 Jun 2015

Is it just me that couldn't give a rats about how anybody conducts their own business?

Yet one can look through this forum for endless debates about pricing structures, who's on board the RE platform, who isn't, who's left for what ever reason a fertile imagination can speculate, whose sales figures are soaring or whose are plummeting, how grim the future looks for the Props or it's 3rd party partners, the list of topic opportunities (and any subtle variations of each) to spout worthless bile for hours on end seems never ending.

I'm glad I'm not involved in any of that tripe, all I have to do is decide whether a product is worth my while at the price offered and make use of it if I decide to spring for it.

I guess it's because the 3rd party stuff is tied to a singular product here that causes it as it seems to be a phonmenon peculiar to the Reason community.

Sure I didn't have to comment on it here at all but at times looking around here is like taking a walk across a fine meadow only to find one's shoes getting clogged up due to the unavoidable amount of dog turds littering the place.

:D

Rant over.

Majestik Monkey

17 Jun 2015

lol @ Ostermilk u should Rant more often  :s0403:  its amusing to Read !  :t2018:

Neosaki

17 Jun 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:To answer your initial question, as far as I can see, there are only three developers who lowered their (or some of their) US prices (or their price-tier if you prefer) when the USD/EUR parity has been made by Propellerhead: Rob Papen (all REs), Jiggery-Pokery (all non-9$ REs) and Zvork (Le Space only).
Props to you for actually answering the OP's question.

• Information