How are you guys using Rob Papen Punch BD-RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
loopback

15 Jun 2015

First: Punch is capable of much more than just a kick. I'm using it for all kinds of percussion - Proof:

Second: Create Instrument, Draw pattern, tune sound to your likings.

Punch BD is the Backbone of all of my Tracks (comes as default kick with my template) unless i feel that another Synthkick or any Hardware i own works better with the given track.

Cheers
Loop

soundcloud.com/minex

inmatus

15 Jun 2015

Why save it as audio? To save CPU? If not it is easier to connect via CV to Kong/Redrum or what ever "drummer" u are using. CV integrates instruments as if the are one

Olivier

15 Jun 2015

I like Punch. I never sample it because i like to automate subtle things for livelyness. What i automate depends on the model(s) i use.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

dvdrtldg

15 Jun 2015

loopback wrote:First: Punch is capable of much more than just a kick. I'm using it for all kinds of percussion
+1

Jagwah

05 Jul 2015

Thanks for the heads up I will definitely be checking out the RSN file you uploaded, cheers.

Theo.M

05 Jul 2015

TBH just using it for BD only, and sometimes the certain frequency of a BD in parallel with a totally different BD from a different source with complementing frequencies.

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

I really want to get this RE
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

Jagwah

06 Jul 2015

Just checked out the Reason file that's pretty cool man. I have Punch in my start up template too with a basic 4 x 4 pattern coming from the kick ass Euclid - a little twist of that density knob and.... well it's self explanatory if you try it.

I'm really interested in tuned percussion and considering building my own bank of samples and just started trying it out with Punch. With your high hats it looks as though you are going for an EQ boost for the pitch, I guess that's a good way to approach it unless anyone else has any better ideas? I was going for a band pass filter myself with a really high Q because the filter frequencies on Punch (just like Predator) can be very fine tuned in the sequencer.

I also layer punch with Vengeance kicks in the same way Theo explained. Punch has loads of modulation possibilities for when one is going for subtle changes.

You know the VST HAS tuned percussion? Meh! :)

ionly

06 Jul 2015

I like Punch. I used it on pretty much everything for kicks, and for the occasional HPF effect.
Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/noelgriffin/noel-griffin-dash

Recommended this end.

Cheers

• Information