Jiggery-Pokery Sound Combo X-705 Space Organ is in the shop !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Libraquaricorn

15 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:I don't know what benefit audio input would provide in terms of these types of sampled devices, were it even possible. It's not something I expect will ever happen.
Well, the benefit is so obvious to me that I now have a sneaky feeling that I might have said something really, really stupid: So I can run sound through the FX's of the device, like vocals or a redrum loaded with the very same drum hits that was included with the device and so on....

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

15 Jun 2015

The effects are pretty much just variants on what is available natively in Reason anyway (especially with 8.3 adding the convolution option). If audio in ever gets added I'll consider it if there's a demand, even though I think it's unlikely to occur. ;)

alterEe
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:alteree just sent me this brilliant demo track. Thanks, Jani! This is this gold! :)
Thanks Matt, it's totally been my pleasure. I've had so much fun playing with the Space organ. I find it exceptionally inspirational, and I'm not even a dedicated fan of any kind of retro music!!! :)
   :love:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

18 Jun 2015

Remote Map has been added to the Owner's Manual. Apologies for the oversight :)

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/jp_re/re_ ... 705_RE.pdf

MDTerps2015

18 Jun 2015

Unfortunately those with the MPK 249 cant use remote maps in Reason or at least i tried and they dont work with my mpk249. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Faastwalker

18 Jun 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Unfortunately those with the MPK 249 cant use remote maps in Reason or at least i tried and they dont work with my mpk249. 
On the verge of launching my MPK49 out of the window! The pads respond well, if hit with a small mallet. Some of the rotary knobs seems to have a mind of their own, as do the sliders. Half the buttons only work if you if hit them hard enough. I love the keyboard though. I'm thinking the new version of this would be better. But the old one has kind of put me off Akai 'Pro' products.

MDTerps2015

18 Jun 2015

Mines works fine, remember the 249 and 49 are different. I just cant figure out the remote part of it or either it doesnt work. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

18 Jun 2015

My assumption as to why audio input is not possible with REs built with the IDT at this time is because Propellerhead supplies the effects? 

And because of that, maybe they don't want REs built with the IDT that have audio input to seem to have some sort of added value. Since those inputs would simply be utilizing the supplied effects. And that likely isn't something in which the average or new user would be knowledgable. So, a customer might purchase such-and-such RE simply because they fancy the reverb and would like to utilize it via audio input. And that can be misleading.

Am I somewhat correct in that assumption?
This is just my guess. Could simply be that they haven't gotten around to it.

The only benefit of audio input I see is if someone creates a convolution reverb with IR samples. But now with the RV7000 mkII, they might as well just market the IR sample libraries to us :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

19 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:My assumption as to why audio input is not possible with REs built with the IDT at this time is because Propellerhead supplies the effects? 

And because of that, maybe they don't want REs built with the IDT that have audio input to seem to have some sort of added value. Since those inputs would simply be utilizing the supplied effects. And that likely isn't something in which the average or new user would be knowledgable. So, a customer might purchase such-and-such RE simply because they fancy the reverb and would like to utilize it via audio input. And that can be misleading.
That was my guess, too, that it would be too easy for someone, or even multiple people, just to release cheap-arse "IDT effects only" REs and try to pass them off as "real" products with unique effects.

In reality it's unlikely PH would accept such a thing anyway, but it's probably better to save everyone the hassle of having even bother attempting to create such a thing and leave audio in out ;) .

helmutson

22 Jun 2015

Thanx for that fine RE ! All these sounds of my childhood ... I like it very much :)

mrj1nx

23 Jun 2015

Quick q: can i set the pitch bend range?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

helmutson wrote:Thanx for that fine RE ! All these sounds of my childhood ... I like it very much :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

mrj1nx wrote:Quick q: can i set the pitch bend range?
No... but I will now consider adding it as an extra on the back.

mrj1nx

23 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
That would be awesome, for someone like me its pretty essential. Will try to get some more one on one time before my trial runs out.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
mrj1nx wrote: That would be awesome, for someone like me its pretty essential. Will try to get some more one on one time before my trial runs out.
Not sure if it will make it before your trial runs out, but I have added it to my test version, so it will be in the update.

regards
JP

Of course... having done the above, I could possibly have a separate setting for each voice section ... hmmmmm ;)
Attachments
pitchbend.png
pitchbend.png (559.61 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

joeyluck

24 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
mrj1nx wrote: That would be awesome, for someone like me its pretty essential. Will try to get some more one on one time before my trial runs out.
JiggeryPokery wrote:
Not sure if it will make it before your trial runs out, but I have added it to my test version, so it will be in the update.

regards
JP
JiggeryPokery wrote:

Of course... having done the above, I
JiggeryPokery wrote:could
JiggeryPokery wrote: possibly have a separate setting for each voice section ...
JiggeryPokery wrote:hmmmmm
JiggeryPokery wrote: ;)
And perhaps a separate up and down?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:And perhaps a separate up and down?

Steady on! ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Jun 2015

I'd forgotten how interesting the effect of mixed pitch-bend amounts can be...
Attachments
pitchbend.png
pitchbend.png (559.61 KiB) Viewed 2055 times

eusti

24 Jun 2015

Wow! That's neat customer service! :)

D.

Heater

24 Jun 2015

Sounds great.

Another vote for audio in so we can access that lovely phaser :)

Faastwalker

25 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Image 

I'd forgotten how interesting the effect of mixed pitch-bend amounts can be...
Nice ;)

BTW I love the wooden section on the back. Looks brilliant that.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

04 Jul 2015

Combo X-705 Space Organ 1.0.1 is now in the shop, with those extra pitch bend range controls.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ace-organ/

moneykube

06 Jul 2015

quick as dinner… outstanding :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mbfrancis

14 Jul 2015

I've really been loving trialing this organ. I've been thinking about getting a used transistor organ (buyer's market!) from the 70s, but this does almost everything I would ask for. Two things:

What's the best way to simulate miking the speakers in a transistor organ? Been playing with Scream but it's not great, also the line6 amp (I'm on R7). I have Vermillion, maybe mess with mic placement there?

Bug - the Kong Percussion patch is totally messed up - it's got bass drum on every pad, plus it has to look for sounds. The Kong loop patch also is missing a loop (you have to find it).

Really enjoying this a lot.
Last edited by mbfrancis on 14 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

14 Jul 2015

Hi mb, the "look for" error is an issue with your setup - Shokstar had that same problem during beta, but then he forgot how he fixed it, and neither of us could never work out the exact setting that caused it in the first place! But it was probably do to with having self-contained samples enabled. But it's definitely not a bug, but sorry I can't be specific with a fix, however do feel free to forward me screengrabs of all settings (including self-contained settings) and I'll take another look, as I'm curious to know why it can not work.

For the Kong percussion percussion patch, only Kick and Kick+Snare have bass drum, at just under 80Hz.

For miking I've not really played much with the ST Amp, but the Kuassa use a single 2x12 on Amp C on Clean channel, ramp up the Gain, then EQ to taste - on the 54 7868 567 patch for example, I'd probably cut the mid a fair bit, cut the low a bit, and boost the high a tad. That would get a nice 60s tranny tone. If you want to then add drive do so with organ Drive control; this is problem I have with both Amp and Vermilion amps, there's no real control of overdrive amount. Play with the mic control until you're happy - there's no right or wrong, do what sounds right to you, and if you have to continue tweaking it as the rest of the song mix develops, then do so. Of course for my demos the organs are front and centre (and usually back and sides as well ;) ), but in reality organs are 60s/70s equivalent to pads, they are the background fill between the guitars and rhythm section.

• Information