Jiggery-Pokery Sound Combo X-705 Space Organ is in the shop !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

11 Jun 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ace-organ/

Product details
User Guide Download Combo X-705 User Guide
Combo X~705 Space Organ features
Combo X~705 Space Organ models and expands upon most of the features found on the original organ:
  • Rhapsody 610 Ensemble: Strings (Cello and Strings Chorus) and Pianos (Piano and Clavichord)
  • Hammond-style organ flute drawbars
  • ADSR envelope for Strings, Organ Flutes, or both together, and Pianos release time
  • Synth Bass 16' and 8' with percussive Attack and Sustain option
  • Five Percussion footages with Sustain option
  • Two polyphonic synth Brass presets
  • Eleven synth lead presets, available in polyphonic or monophonic
  • Solo Variations allow tweaking of the synth presets, including envelope, resonant filter, vibrato and bend
  • Organ Flutes vibrato with key delay
  • Global Mono Legato for all tones
  • Elkatone rotary speaker
  • Distortion
  • Phaser
  • Independent expression pedal control for each section
  • Separate outputs for each section, including effects bypass
  • Even more tweaks on the back, including envelope curves
  • 146 patches
  • 34 Space Organ Combinators
  • Lovingly recreated user guide
The Rack Extension package includes all sixteen Drum Machine rhythms in REX2 format, available in DrOctoRex and Kong patches, plus a selection of individual .wav hits drawn from the loops, and programmed for ReDrum and Kong for creating your own beats. Just open the "X705 Percussion" sub-folder of the Combo X-705 Space Organ Rack Extension in your Reason file Browser

Soundcloud play list :

And a very cool video demo :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=94&v=JIWl9FUOBpU

The price can not be beat $29.00  :thumbup:

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Jun 2015

Thanks, PJ!

Always nice to be beaten to the official post ;)

arqui

11 Jun 2015

Hi Jp. bundle with 4 Organs? or will coming more?

thanks
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Kire

11 Jun 2015

Beautiful sound! Just what I need! Thank's!

Yonatan

11 Jun 2015

It looks sooo goood! Nice work. No time yet to click Try-button. 

pedrocaetanos

11 Jun 2015

Finally I'm getting a Rhapsody 610 clavichord sound! :s0221:

Great device, congratulations Matt!
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

11 Jun 2015

Some really great sounds!

Awesome basses and leads for pop and hip-hop as well.
A very versatile device!

decibel

11 Jun 2015

damn just grabbed vecto and now this drops on us, no savings in this weeks paycheck ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Jun 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:Finally I'm getting a Rhapsody 610 clavichord sound! :s0221:

Great device, congratulations Matt!
Thanks, and jeez, I remember you were asking me about that ages ago, like this time last year!

You're a man of great patience ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Jun 2015

arqui wrote:Hi Jp. bundle with 4 Organs? or will coming more?

thanks

Hi arqui, there are no immediate plans for a bundle, and if I did the price would be equivalent to what they are now and the singles would go up to €35 anyway.

More? Well, I'm mulling over some options...

tibah

11 Jun 2015

This sounds so lush and lovely! Definitely trialing this one! Nice work!  :thumbup:

arqui

11 Jun 2015

arqui wrote:Hi Jp. bundle with 4 Organs? or will coming more?

thanks
JiggeryPokery wrote:

Hi arqui, there are no immediate plans for a bundle, and if I did the price would be equivalent to what they are now and the singles would go up to €35 anyway.

More? Well, I'm mulling over some options...
well, then I'll have to buy them all, because they are all of high quality,.
very good demos. I love the music you make.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Shokstar

11 Jun 2015

It´s so easy to get great sounds out of this synth :)  

ethday

11 Jun 2015

Wow!  It sounds really, really great!

EDIT:  And as a special challenge, load up the "Full Rhapsody Tab" patch and try not to play the opening chords from "You Can Call Me Al".  I dare you...

decibel

11 Jun 2015

just lost my job so cant really afford it but i'll need something new to focus my attention on with all the free time im going to have ;)

Faastwalker

11 Jun 2015

Very nice. How cool is that GUI & great price. Irresistible sounds. I want this one ;)

PinkSlime

12 Jun 2015

your work on this one is highly appreciated!! looking forward to hours and days of playing with it

Libraquaricorn

12 Jun 2015

I downloaded a trial of this and it does sound lovely but I notice a lot of distorted pops and clicks when fooling around with the bass (most noticeably the flute 16') when the mono legato button is on. If I press down two keys simultaneously it pops real hard. Is this intended or is it a glitch? I noticed this real quikly after loading the instrument and resetting it. I can hear similar things with other sounds as well, but I'm just starting out here so I haven't looked at the instrument in depth yet. The download was pretty large so I was also wondering if this is a sample based instrument? I'm on Reason 7.1.1, Windows 8. I'm 97% certain that I will buy this instrument....

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Jun 2015

Libraquaricorn wrote:I downloaded a trial of this and it does sound lovely but I notice a lot of distorted pops and clicks when fooling around with the bass (most noticeably the flute 16') when the mono legato button is on. If I press down two keys simultaneously it pops real hard. Is this intended or is it a glitch? I noticed this real quikly after loading the instrument and resetting it. I can hear similar things with other sounds as well, but I'm just starting out here so I haven't looked at the instrument in depth yet.
There is one known issue where this can happen if the Bend Rate value is very low, 0.5 or less, due to the way IDT handles the cross-fading between two samples (I mention in the user guide not to set the value too low, this is the reason why!). I'm working to improve and hopefully fix this in the first update.

Libraquaricorn

12 Jun 2015

Libraquaricorn wrote:I downloaded a trial of this and it does sound lovely but I notice a lot of distorted pops and clicks when fooling around with the bass (most noticeably the flute 16') when the mono legato button is on. If I press down two keys simultaneously it pops real hard. Is this intended or is it a glitch? I noticed this real quikly after loading the instrument and resetting it. I can hear similar things with other sounds as well, but I'm just starting out here so I haven't looked at the instrument in depth yet.
JiggeryPokery wrote:
There is one known issue where this can happen if the Bend Rate value is very low, 0.5 or less, due to the way IDT handles the cross-fading between two samples (I mention in the user guide not to set the value too low, this is the reason why!). I'm working to improve and hopefully fix this in the first update.
Ok, you got me...I did not read the user guide..  :angel:

Well, then I just have to congratulate you and the Reason community with a FANTASTIC instrument! - and of course I'll buy it! Probability: 100%  :thumbup:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Jun 2015

alteree just sent me this brilliant demo track. Thanks, Jani! This is this gold! :)

miahluvdd

12 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:alteree just sent me this brilliant demo track. Thanks, Jani! This is this gold! :)

Very nice!!!!

I had never heard of this organ before (I was born in '76 so cut me some slack) and so I'm intrigued.  Will demo this when I'm on vacation next month and I have the time to give it its proper due.  I own two of the other three organ RE's and love them!  Keep it coming!! 

JS

InDeLiBLe

12 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:alteree just sent me this brilliant demo track. Thanks, Jani! This is this gold! :)

miahluvdd wrote:
Very nice!!!!

I had never heard of this organ before (I was born in '76 so cut me some slack) and so I'm intrigued.  Will demo this when I'm on vacation next month and I have the time to give it its proper due.  I own two of the other three organ RE's and love them!  Keep it coming!! 

JS
A friend of mine got one covered with dust in the attic. His father used it with his band when he was younger.

Libraquaricorn

13 Jun 2015

I would love to have audio input on this device, if it's not too much trouble, in a future update maybe? That would be awesome.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

15 Jun 2015

I don't know what benefit audio input would provide in terms of these types of sampled devices, were it even possible. It's not something I expect will ever happen.

• Information