Rob Papen's Vecto Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Iggster

25 Jun 2015

Thanks for confirming Noel (and thanks Rob)!

4filegate

27 Jun 2015

HUH HAH - a circus retro vecto goofy disco :s0225:

Last edited by 4filegate on 16 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Arrant
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2015

4filegate wrote:HUH HAH - a circus retro vecto goofy disco :s0225:
hehe

Djeng- Djeng- Djengis Khan :)

4filegate

28 Jun 2015

Arrant wrote: hehe Djeng- Djeng- Djengis Khan :)
reminds me of my time 1982 as guitarist in Accordion Orchestra
YT show us - there's variations of Dschinghis Khan ESC legacy from heavymetal till performance of Japanese idol sing

my adaptions open/closed HiHats and BaseDrum I never had heard before and the big bang drum fill make the circus perfect

EpiGenetik

30 Jun 2015

Some Desperate Glory wrote: To my ears I would have preferred some "smoother" beats (for lack of a better term) because I think the current drums kind of clash with the music.  If that is your intention, then great!  I loved the track.
Thanks very much for the kind comments. Regarding the beats, it is indeed an intentional thing. This is because I feel that trip-hop sounds inevitably start to fall in to the smooth jazz category if there isn't some element that has been roughed up a little. I actually quite like jazz for its musicality but tonally I like something somewhere to add some extra character to it, the beat is usually an easy place for it. I especially like having something which gives a feel of decay and harshness, an artistic reflection of society you could say :) .

Thanks again,
B

MarkTarlton

30 Jun 2015

I downloaded this bad boy as a trial but have been slammed with stuff, and having to travel a lot so I am not sure I will be able to finish this the way I had planned...my ideas always take forever unless I work with other people than I am considerate of time but when I am by myself I like to play around with Reason until something starts to form into a musical nugget...than I start to get a form going quickly, and once the initial spark dies down I start to refine patches and sounds, and process the heck out of stuff by turning the midi into audio...Reason makes this kind of work fun and fast!

If you don't want to listen to the entire thing fast forward to 5:00 where I have buffer on reverse...it's one of those moments where I was improvising and found a cool nugget :) This is a tiny insight to how I make music.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/videos%20s ... n+tune.mp4

pLansford

04 Jul 2015

Thanks for the opportunity and organization of the song challenge. I already bought the synth because it can produce some great sounds but I did a track just for kicks.

frog974new

04 Jul 2015

an other idea
i hope you enjoy this one :)

dopplereffect

05 Jul 2015

Hello!

First post, glad I found this forum!

I decided to use the Vecto for all of my sounds, created the kick, snare, and hat sounds from utilizing the xy matrix and the percussion/kit waves in the osc's. The 808 bass came from a patch and probably is one of the doper 808 sounds i've heard from a synth. Def would love some feedback. Thanks!

pLansford

06 Jul 2015

dopplereffect wrote:Hello!

First post, glad I found this forum!

I decided to use the Vecto for all of my sounds, created the kick, snare, and hat sounds from utilizing the xy matrix and the percussion/kit waves in the osc's. The 808 bass came from a patch and probably is one of the doper 808 sounds i've heard from a synth. Def would love some feedback. Thanks!

Super dope! Left some comments. I started listening to the group but I'll finish listening to the rest of the tracks soon. Vecto is pretty interesting.

logicalpocket

06 Jul 2015

After punishing everyone's ears with super heavy mix in the last challenge I thought I'd try something a bit more laid back.

Hope you like it
Blep

turbopage
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2015

Hello everybody
happy to meet here many users of PUF.
This is my song for the challenge

Music Will Save Us

K.Markov

08 Jul 2015

berlin school :)

Arrant
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2015

Here's my entry, it's a bit strange but then I guess Vecto inspires strangeness ;)

ScavvP

10 Jul 2015

Here is my entry for the Vecto challenge.

alterEe
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2015

Oh, I'm not sure if posting here about your songs for the challenge is actually required, but here are links to my songs, just in case. Anyway, I think you can get different kinds of awesome sounds out of Vecto and it's definitely worth figuring out how it actually works :thumbs_up:

OldGoat

10 Jul 2015

We used Vecto for all instruments, the drums and for the voice in combination with the BV521-Vocoder.
The sample is taken from that free vocal pack from SampleRadar (I forgot the link).

Reasonistas
RE Developer

10 Jul 2015

Wow, we have 45 entires as of 9:00 pm EST. Big thank's to everyone that participated and to those still plugging away at their entry, you've got 3 hours left (no pressure, right?). Good luck to everyone.
ImageImageImage

mattpiper

11 Jul 2015

I was one of those still plugging away. :) Got mine in with about 3 whole minutes to spare!

I used Vecto for all the sounds, including drums. I hope you can hear somewhere in there the fun I had with this. Really cool synth.

pLansford

11 Jul 2015

I just finished listening to the group and there are some awesome tracks! I heard a lot of the flute sound - one of my favorites!

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2015

My effort is just finished uploading , a little late as I dropped off - my age catching up with me! Nothing added or amended after 2200 hrs EST. It's great having the chance to explore this cracking synthesizer from by the Rob Papen team. Hearing what the other entrants have shared, the judges have their work cut out for sure.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Jul 2015

mattpiper wrote:I was one of those still plugging away. :) Got mine in with about 3 whole minutes to spare!

I used Vecto for all the sounds, including drums. I hope you can hear somewhere in there the fun I had with this. Really cool synth.

Hi Matt, you made just in time so you're good to go.

Unfortunately the below song was submitted well after the 11:59 pm EST deadline so it is disqualified.
Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 1.32.54 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 1.32.54 PM.jpg (60.87 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
We'll try to come back here in a week to announce the winners. Keep you're creative juices going as there is still the Oberon song challenge and another two synth song challenges that will be announced later in July and early August.
ImageImageImage

djfm1983

19 Jul 2015

When will the results be posted?
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2015

I was excited that this was the announcement (still expecting not to win). Silly me for not checking the name of the poster.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Reasonistas
RE Developer

19 Jul 2015

UPDATE: The votes are in, but waiting for final agreement on the order of the top 3 winners (and possibly more news).

We plan to make final announcement tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks for your patience.
ImageImageImage

• Information