Rob Papen's Vecto Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 Jun 2015

Miss Controllerism wrote:sorry i  did nt understand

can i use kong for  the drum line?
Marc64 wrote:As I understand Yes.
Thank you, Marc64.  Yes, you are correct as long as Kong is used for drum sounds, not samples from another synth.
ImageImageImage

Miss Controllerism

16 Jun 2015

only  samples and kit from  kong  factory? i can not open a  kick samples ,wav from an external library  and import in kong^?

tibah

16 Jun 2015

You can use all the drum samples that you like. Don't have to be Reason FSB sounds. :)
Any drums except external plug-ins

Miss Controllerism

16 Jun 2015

thanks ..understood

sdst
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2015

:)  after some test,  my entry

reason essentials
redrum for drums
vecto all sounds
kratos maximizer demo, best maximizer in history
and 10 km of cable. lol

RPSupport

17 Jun 2015

Some fantastic entries so far! :)

Tincture

19 Jun 2015

What about the RE "Speak n Tweak" by deluded audio? It is a synth but only a voice synth, it can't make the sounds a normal synth would...

4filegate

19 Jun 2015

TinkerBell Entry added - insane muted guitar modulations - all through Vecto :thumbup:

Last edited by 4filegate on 13 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

wilson75

20 Jun 2015

Hi, folks,

here is my contribution, this time without vocals and guitars:

hydlide

20 Jun 2015

Here's my entry. 

Anyhow, all sounds I am throwing in this "sequence" are made with Vecto. I did all the patches myself from the ground up. I tried to keep the effects for this one as limited as I could. There are just a few sends being used just to let vecto shine more or less (see the description on the link for what I used).

frog974new

21 Jun 2015

here my second entry

all sound comes from my next free refill for the Vecto Re .
more info ==> http://www.reasontalk.com/post/free-ref ... 1287662370

Tincture

22 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:What about the RE "Speak n Tweak" by deluded audio? It is a synth but only a voice synth, it can't make the sounds a normal synth would...
I take it, it's a no then? Going logically, rather than socially hoping for a reply if my argument had some validity. Ahhh well. I won't be missed I'm sure.

djfm1983

22 Jun 2015

It's been a while since I've entered a music contest. I hope you guys like my EDM track I made using Vecto. Please give me some feedback, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have some new music also on my soundcloud profile that I would love you guys to check out too. I know I haven't been active on this forum in a while but it's only because I've been working on allot of new tracks lately. Best of luck to everyone else who enters also. https://soundcloud.com/djfm1983/vecto-contest
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

Iggster

23 Jun 2015

Hey Noel. I've been off-line for a while but just wondered if you'd heard back from Rob and Team re. whether they are going to extend the discount until after the results of the challenge is announced? TIA

Some Desperate Glory

23 Jun 2015

We've been so inspired by Vecto that we did a second song entry!  This one is called "Shipwrecked".

https://soundcloud.com/somedesperateglo ... cific-deep
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:What about the RE "Speak n Tweak" by deluded audio? It is a synth but only a voice synth, it can't make the sounds a normal synth would...
Tincture wrote:
I take it, it's a no then? Going logically, rather than socially hoping for a reply if my argument had some validity. Ahhh well. I won't be missed I'm sure.
Sorry for the late response.  I've been traveling last few days.

I don't think using Speak n Tweak is an issue if you're using it to say something.
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

Iggster wrote:Hey Noel. I've been off-line for a while but just wondered if you'd heard back from Rob and Team re. whether they are going to extend the discount until after the results of the challenge is announced? TIA
Sorry mate, let me check with Rob and Co. directly and I will get back to you ASAP.
ImageImageImage

raymondh

24 Jun 2015

Some Desperate Glory wrote:We've been so inspired by Vecto that we did a second song entry!  This one is called "Shipwrecked".

https://soundcloud.com/somedesperateglo ... cific-deep
Yeah, it's so hard to put your finger on what it is about a synth that makes it inspiring to use, but for us, Vecto generated lots of ideas. That's a tribute to Rob and Jon and also the folks who contributed presets with the synth.

Some great tracks so far! Looking forward to hearing more of what people do with this synth!

EpiGenetik

24 Jun 2015

From looking at Soundcloud, this is the first comp I've done in 3 years! Really feels quite strange that it's been that long since I've completed one. Hope you all enjoy :)   Says a lot about the quality of the synth actually, as I was hooked immediately :) . All sounds built from scratch in Vecto with the exception of 2 basic beats REX files from the FSB.

This link is to my personal page for it, I'm possibly going to add a little vocal thing to it before adding it to the official submissions group. :)

Enjoy!!!

https://soundcloud.com/lowlifebware/vecto-meldrew

Iggster

24 Jun 2015

Noel G. wrote:
Iggster wrote:Hey Noel. I've been off-line for a while but just wondered if you'd heard back from Rob and Team re. whether they are going to extend the discount until after the results of the challenge is announced? TIA
Noel G. wrote: Sorry mate, let me check with Rob and Co. directly and I will get back to you ASAP.
Many thanks Noel.

Some Desperate Glory

24 Jun 2015

Lowlifebware wrote:From looking at Soundcloud, this is the first comp I've done in 3 years! Really feels quite strange that it's been that long since I've completed one. Hope you all enjoy :)   Says a lot about the quality of the synth actually, as I was hooked immediately :) . All sounds built from scratch in Vecto with the exception of 2 basic beats REX files from the FSB.

This link is to my personal page for it, I'm possibly going to add a little vocal thing to it before adding it to the official submissions group. :)

Enjoy!!!
This is very cool.  I love the laid back feel of it... quite unique especially compared with a lot of the other entries.  I also think the guitar and other melodies are excellent.  To my ears I would have preferred some "smoother" beats (for lack of a better term) because I think the current drums kind of clash with the music.  If that is your intention, then great!  I loved the track.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

24 Jun 2015

Noel G. wrote:
Noel G. wrote: Sorry mate, let me check with Rob and Co. directly and I will get back to you ASAP.
Iggster wrote: Many thanks Noel.
Okay, here is the deal.  Someone asked this question on Facebook and Rob responded as shown in the below image.  So the answer is yes.
Attachments
image1.PNG
image1.PNG (192.43 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
ImageImageImage

raymondh

24 Jun 2015

Noel G. wrote:
Iggster wrote: Many thanks Noel.
Noel G. wrote:
Okay, here is the deal.  Someone asked this question on Facebook and Rob responded as shown in the below image.  So the answer is yes.
Noel G. wrote: 
Good strategy! Another incentive to join the challenge, longer window for the discounted price!

frog974new

24 Jun 2015

an other day
an other track
an other vibes
hope you enjoy this one ^^

sounds based on new personnal patchs and preset from my next free refill

• Information