ZVORK's new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

16 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:I know some of you are trying to weigh against other new releases. Nothing against Vecto as it is a very fine sounding instrument and nice to use but Oberon offers more that is new to Reason and goes deeper - even tho at first that may seem scary to some (do ya get my fish pic now?). Oberon isn't 110% unique but it is close enough that serious synthesists will be very excited.

Once I get my copy I am pretty confident I will start composing with it regularly.

:)
That's a good thing...we need different !! different tools help create different sounds.
With what ZVORK did with there utilities tools for CV,Le space and there nice UI designs..all that is left is the SOUND !!! if they nail the sound quality/Flexibility then.... WOW!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2015

I predict WOW!

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Pepin

16 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:I predict WOW!

So... This is an Oberheim emulation (or Oberheim-inspired), right?  ;)

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2015

Not in the slightest (altho I did use a feature to do a rather cool 4-Voice trick). It is pure Shakespeare all the way. Actually it is not even that.

Ha, now I've really messed with your head. But someone here is very close.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Pepin

16 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:Not in the slightest (altho I did use a feature to do a rather cool 4-Voice trick). It is pure Shakespeare all the way. Actually it is not even that.

Ha, now I've really messed with your head. But someone here is very close.

That's quite a coincidence, with the highlighting and all. I guess I'll just have to wait and see  :D

Faastwalker

16 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote: Ha, now I've really messed with your head. But someone here is very close.
Stop it! :x

....... actually, keep it coming :t2018:

Zvork it!!

ahs

17 Jun 2015

oberon (elfking) means also pathfinder. bezier based music instrument like this
http://jobomusic.com/

Ashpool

17 Jun 2015

Wow, now I am super excited and curious.
Hope that Zvork meets this high expectations!

Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2015

I'm always dubious about a musical instrument that has visualizations. To me it doesn't add up.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

pjeudy

17 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:I'm always dubious about a musical instrument that has visualizations. To me it doesn't add up.

seeing an ADSR envelope curve or strictly using it without visualing curve for example....can lead to different ideas and out come I think.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

thala

17 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:I'm always dubious about a musical instrument that has visualizations. To me it doesn't add up.

if you want to make music like playing tamagochi... it works fine :)

Faastwalker

17 Jun 2015

Why have I got so much GAS for this thing but we've seen hardly ANY of it & heard nothing what so ever?! :s0959:

Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2015

Well we have two probabilities:

1. You have created a fantabulously perfect ideal synth in your mind and are (understandably) eager to see it appear. I hope for you this isn't the case as I have had dibs on Jennifer Love Hewitt since "Birds of Paradise".

2. Whether you have realized or not you have worked out the mystery and know this is your kind of instrument.

Of course there has to be a third as two is never enough and it may just be that you are partial to the they mystery that Zvork (and I) are making? If you lose interest the moment you see the release then you know it was just this.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Lunesis

17 Jun 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Why have I got so much GAS for this thing but we've seen hardly ANY of it & heard nothing what so ever?! :s0959:
Because, look at it ;)

Faastwalker

17 Jun 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Why have I got so much GAS for this thing but we've seen hardly ANY of it & heard nothing what so ever?! :s0959:
Lunesis wrote:
Because, look at it ;)
But we haven't seen it yet. That's the point. Admittedly the snippets we have seen indicate this to be awesome. But this is based on very little thus far. So why so much GAS?! An interesting looking multi-stage envelope (most probably by the look of it) & a very blurry, corner angle of the GUI. Who can extreme the mysteries of GAS? Come Zvork, show us some more ;) The beta guys are fit to burst!!

Faastwalker

17 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:
2. Whether you have realized or not you have worked out the mystery and know this is your kind of instrument.

Looking back over the thread to see what I wrote ...... just in case ;)

thala

18 Jun 2015

zvork gave us just the permission to talk.
so what you see is a free drawable filter. 16 points. with curveable lines.
same on waveforms. envelopes. bend. morph. everything... free drawable...
and its a additive synth working with partials. and yes, a additive saw or square sounds nearly perfect. better then any other additive synth i have tried before.
there are some scripted waveforms that change like wavetables.
so if anybody gets some pee in his ... now its really time for it :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2015

thala wrote:zvork gave us just the permission to talk. so what you see is a free drawable filter. 16 points. with curveable lines. same on waveforms. envelopes. bend. morph. everything... free drawable... and its a additive synth working with partials. and yes, a additive saw or square sounds nearly perfect. better then any other additive synth i have tried before. there are some scripted waveforms that change like wavetables. so if anybody gets some pee in his ... now its really time for it :)
Wot he sed - but we still can't show pics (in case something has to change due to Props rules). So here are all the "clues" I gave you:

Oberon is "Add"itive but manged by a set of more familiar routines so it can be used as a traditional Subtractive synth, or you can dive to alter many things about the sound using paradigms like OSC Shape, Filtering, Crossfading etc. Like Parsec the routines alter the "partial"s or spectrum of the wave in real time. Most of these are handled through the Envelope window which makes an otherwise scary job pretty easy.

Oberon is very "deep" for those who want to go but can also suit shallow users just fine. The sound is pretty clean but still has a unique character with the ability to use some of those quirks positively. Sounds can vary from "beastly" to "ethereal" and if you like to program it will "lure" you in.

I think that Oberon is set to be a major draw for sound designers.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

thala

18 Jun 2015

and on workflow:
every free drawable display curve has presets.
on waveforms like saw.square. etc.
on envelopes like adsr.dsr. bell.pad.etc.
same on the filters. lowpass highpass with different characteritics etc.
so every standard synth setting is just a click away. while keeping the whole flexibility of free editing.
a new standard will be born :)

thala

18 Jun 2015

more specs?
2 osc morphable in different ways.
2 stages of free waveforms. morphable...
2filters a 2 stages. morphable stages.
so you can take filterstage1 with a lowpass without resonance and on stage 2 the same with full resonance. then morph between filters. this will act like a resonance knob.
no panic. this is the init setting.

can you follow? its just the start of a feature list :)

zoomable display with nice context background scales. for filters it is octaves and if you zoom in you will se a semitone scale.
envelope while synched to timing. you will see the beats/steps in the scale. drawing echos is easy. echos in the synthesis!

riemac

18 Jun 2015

How does the unison work? Does it have settings for detune and spread?

riemac

18 Jun 2015

And how is the CPU usage?

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2015

Unison has a few different Voice allocations 2-8 and each OSC can be Spread independently of the Unison function. You can then adjust the Detune amount and Mix with core OSC. You also can ad in a +1 Octave version of the sound.

CP Usage is very good.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

tiker01

18 Jun 2015

thala wrote:more specs?
2 osc morphable in different ways.
2 stages of free waveforms. morphable...
2filters a 2 stages. morphable stages.
so you can take filterstage1 with a lowpass without resonance and on stage 2 the same with full resonance. then morph between filters. this will act like a resonance knob.
no panic. this is the init setting.

can you follow? its just the start of a feature list :)
Leave something for tomorrow too ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

riemac

18 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:Unison has a few different Voice allocations 2-8 and each OSC can be Spread independently of the Unison function. You can then adjust the Detune amount and Mix with core OSC. You also can ad in a +1 Octave version of the sound.

CP Usage is very good.

Thanks, this all sounds very promissing !

I hope this hits the shop soon...

Now I am glad, that I haven't bought Zvorks Noxious in the sale ;-)

• Information