ZVORK's new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2015

Has anyone else had any issues with the download?

I get a warning that Oberon can't open as some resources are corrupted. Tried downloading again with same result.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

thala

30 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with the download?

I get a warning that Oberon can't open as some resources are corrupted. Tried downloading again with same result.

i had this during the beta once. on the next day it worked well. prop server problem/overload.

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2015

Benedict wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with the download?

thala wrote: i had this during the beta once. on the next day it worked well. prop server problem/overload.
Ok thanks. Figured I'd keep trying.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Faastwalker

30 Jun 2015

Been comparing Oberon to Vecto as I'm in the market for one new synth. The Oberon patches don't have the same wow factor as the Vecto ones. But I kind of expected that because of Vecto's onboard FX that are used on most of the patches. I think RP has some good patch designers doing stuff for his synths as well. Some really nice presets for Vecto for sure. I was less impressed with the Oberon presets.

However, and this is a big point of contention for me, programming Vecto I've found quite painful because there so much going on & the controls are ridiculously small in places. Oberon is a different prospect. A hell of a lot still going on but it's all so much more accessible, intuitive & fun to play around with. For this reason Oberon is winning out over Vecto at the moment, although I am really impressed with a lot of the Vecto patches.

My trial continues (so glad of the 30 day trial for these purposes) ..........

challism

01 Jul 2015

So nice to see this in the shop.  Congrats to Zvork & Co.  I hope you guys sell a boat load of these!!!  I <3 this RE.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Faastwalker

04 Jul 2015

Oberon V Vecto - Oberon won after a short trial of both. Having a blast with this thing. I've been starting with an init patch, changing the envelopes a little, adding a couple of modulation routings, not much else apart from playing with the unison & filter & I'm getting some really satisfying results. The exciting thing is that I've barely scratched the surface. I'm only using 1 oscillator at the moment & it's sounding great. So with all the other features available I think this is going to be very interesting to explore.

Faastwalker

06 Jul 2015

...... But might have to wait a bit to buy. It's actually $133 here in Aus and with $30 billion just been wiped off the Aussie economy, as a result of the Greek no vote, it's probably only going to get worse! :-(
Last edited by Faastwalker on 06 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

decibel

06 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:...... But might actually have to wait a bit to buy. It's actually $133 here in Aus and $30 billion just been wiped off the Aussie economy as a result of the Greek no vote it's probably only going to get worse! :-(

yeah thats why i was curious to find out whether zvork would consider a discount code for people who had already purchased his other devices, could more then likely be the last RE purchase for some time to come the way things are shaping up ?

Faastwalker

06 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:...... But might actually have to wait a bit to buy. It's actually $133 here in Aus and $30 billion just been wiped off the Aussie economy as a result of the Greek no vote it's probably only going to get worse! :-(
Could more then likely be the last RE purchase for some time to come the way things are shaping up ?
Well, it's certainly getting expensive to do so In this part of the World. You have to do the math before hitting BUY to get the true price.

pjeudy

06 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:Congratulations Zvork.

Here is an article I wrote on understanding Oberon and Additive/Digital synthesis based on my time making patches. It should help people get theri hear around the vast Oberon synth generator.

http://benedictroffmarsh.com/2015/06/30 ... a-rundown/
Very good read ! Also is anyone planning a video tutorial ?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Faastwalker

06 Jul 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Benedict wrote:Congratulations Zvork.

Here is an article I wrote on understanding Oberon and Additive/Digital synthesis based on my time making patches. It should help people get theri hear around the vast Oberon synth generator.

Very good read ! Also is anyone planning a video tutorial ?
I've not seen any videos for this yet other than Zvork's own pre-release teasers / demos.

Faastwalker

09 Jul 2015

........ Still no vids! Zvork usually churn out one or two vids for their new devices. Nothing yet. Wondering if ReasonExperts & the like on YouTube have gotten hold of this yet? Having fun with this myself. Gorgeous pads. But need to read up on some of the parameters. I'm still trying to get my head around Motion, x-morph, harmonize etc. to top RTFM ;)

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2015

What is it you need to know?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Faastwalker

10 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:What is it you need to know?

Just need to get my head around how the Motion controls work & exactly what they do. Also the bend & p.clip controls. I don't understand the significance of shape 1 & 2 for Waves 1/2 either. Oh and Harmonize - I think this smooths out the bends ........ or is it the Motion. Yep, definitely need to RTFM for these sections ;) EDIT: Octave Levels as well. What are they controlling?

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2015

Yep, RTFM and then ask one Q at a time and I can get you through. None is hard once you start to see that big picture I talk about in my article.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:Yep, RTFM and then ask one Q at a time and I can get you through. None is hard once you start to see that big picture I talk about in my article.
Reading now ;) Fantastic article BTW. Really informative. Just got to the Oberon section.

pjeudy

18 Jul 2015

Does anyone know if Zvork will release more wave forms for OBERON ? I mean like a whole bunch more, an amount close to or exceeding Malstrom.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2015

pjeudy wrote:Does anyone know if Zvork will release more wave forms for OBERON ? I mean like a whole bunch more, an amount close to or exceeding Malstrom.
You know you can make your own waveforms in Oberon and that there aren't any "samples"?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

pjeudy

18 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Does anyone know if Zvork will release more wave forms for OBERON ? I mean like a whole bunch more, an amount close to or exceeding Malstrom.
You know you can make your own waveforms in Oberon and that there aren't any "samples"?

You now what mr Benedict ..I forgot about that :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up: thanks

Faastwalker

18 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:

That threw me for a second at first. It looked like there weren't many waves to play around with and they were somewhat abstract in nature (not you usual waveform selection). Then I of course realised waves 1 & 2 are completely editable allowing you to create any wave imaginable :shock: It's really good fun. And morphing between waves and all the other controllable parameters of the oscillators make for some amazing possibilities. Things can get crazy pretty quickly, which I kind of like. Whatever happens use the harmonizeto pull things back into check, add some unison and your in lush sound heaven.

Faastwalker

19 Jul 2015

Last edited by Faastwalker on 21 Jul 2015, edited 5 times in total.

zvork

20 Jul 2015

Faastwalker wrote:
Benedict wrote:What is it you need to know?

Just need to get my head around how the Motion controls work & exactly what they do. Also the bend & p.clip controls. I don't understand the significance of shape 1 & 2 for Waves 1/2 either. Oh and Harmonize - I think this smooths out the bends ........ or is it the Motion. Yep, definitely need to RTFM for these sections ;) EDIT: Octave Levels as well. What are they controlling?
Tutorials are on the way but in the mean time, I can suggest you get a quick read of the documentation : http://zvork.fr/audio/wp-content/upload ... ual-EN.pdf
Hopefully, that will answer some of your questions.

Faastwalker

22 Jul 2015

ReasonExperts review Oberon;

• Information