ZVORK's new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tibah

22 Jun 2015

This is the point where even my hype (and trust me, it's way too much at this point) gets a break. Everything regarding new UI concepts seems very delicious, but if the sound can't hold up to that, well...

Might be that demo song was a bit *unfavourable*. ;)

thala

22 Jun 2015

the video sound, hm... it is shurley oberon. but 2 minutes cant show all facettes of oberon at all.
i never really used a keyboard for making sound (guitarist). oberon got me there, listening hours to beautiful landsapes, and relaxing.
its the first time in my life, pressing these black and white keys constructive *gg*

put the oscillator-bend on the modwheel and morph from lovley landscapes to spooky or drama :)
let the sirens and monchs sing together!
don`t worry about sound.
oberon is the first additive synth (i heard so far) that can rebuild a Saw nearly perfect. there is no lack of bite. this is one of the hardest disciplinces for an additive synth.
(owned a Kawai K5000S for some years. oberon blows it away with ease...)

scifunk

22 Jun 2015

Great to see this advancement in Reason - well done

pjeudy

22 Jun 2015

Cool even LabOne Recordings are exited about this Device !!! 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zvork/290084631072461 :s0221:

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Tincture

22 Jun 2015

Nice video but yeah, kinda no big wow in the sound... I hope it has some kind of spread/width control. Very hard to tell from such a short vid tho' and intellectually some of the features 'looked' good :)

am0eba

22 Jun 2015

I'm just disappointed that the sounds in the video weren't resulting from the changes being made onscreen!  That would have been informative...

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

MirEko

22 Jun 2015

MirEko wrote:Image
thala wrote:
imo its worth any Hype.
oberon delivers possibilities that are complete new to Reason.
and a workflow that you wont miss anymore, once you touched the Display (presets, copy/paste, folding, zoom, etc.)
i realy hope this display-workflow will become a new standard to reason and its RE.
its a nice teaser video, but it "only" shows some (main) features. there is so much more to explore :)
they did so much finetuning on details.
anyway, a 2 hour long video wouldn`t be a teaser anymore !?!
cheers
It's ok I'm aboard the hype train :P

This is the most interesting RE synth so far for me, very excited to play with this. Noxious was incredible but difficult to manipulate at times.
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Faastwalker

22 Jun 2015

Not the most exciting sounds ever on the new teaser. But I don't think this is the point. This is all about showing off the interactive section & showing some of what is capable there. And it looks extremely interesting. So providing the basic building blocks are solid then it looks like this is really going to open up some impressive possibilities in sound design. Can't wait to see & hear more.

Faastwalker

22 Jun 2015

eauhm wrote:wow....
What did i just see ?

lets watch that again.
I've watched it about half a dozen times so far ..... and I'm at work! Not got much actual work getting done though. To be busy play-pausing the video so I can gleam as much info as possible from this latest reveal. Very exciting.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 13 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

pjeudy

22 Jun 2015

To me it sound heavier/fuller then What I remember from Noxious.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Faastwalker

23 Jun 2015

pjeudy wrote:To me it sound heavier/fuller then What I remember from Noxious.
Can't really tell from what little we've heard. Am I correct in thinking that the audio on the latest teaser is the first we've actually heard from Oberon so far? Hopefully Zvork will be teasing some new sounds ASAP ;)

thala

23 Jun 2015

Meanwhile your`re waiting for Sounds...
This is what a additive generated Saw (Display-Free-drawing) looks like, when its recorded: Image 
pretty close to the "original" and a really good result for an additive IMO :)
Attachments
Oberon_saw_44khz.jpg
Oberon_saw_44khz.jpg (39.93 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

riemac

23 Jun 2015

thala wrote:Meanwhile your`re waiting for Sounds...
This is what a additive generated Saw (Display-Free-drawing) looks like, when its recorded: Image 

Looks good, but how good does the saw sounds in comparison to an analog saw?
And most importand, can you do a good supersaw with unison and detune or does
it sound thin like most additive Synths?

selig
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

riemac wrote:

Looks good, but how good does the saw sounds in comparison to an analog saw?
And most importand, can you do a good supersaw with unison and detune or does
it sound thin like most additive Synths?
Just curious…
Isn't that what subtractive synths are best at? IMO it's like asking how good of an "acoustic guitar" sound an electric guitar can get!

FWIW, "thin" sounding synths definitely have a place in my sonic palette, as I believe one cannot build a track only using "fat" sounds. Variety is the spice of life IMO!

That being said, and as a fan of Noxious from the beginning, I can't wait to hear this new baby!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

riemac

23 Jun 2015

Just curious…
Isn't that what subtractive synths are best at? IMO it's like asking how good of an "acoustic guitar" sound an electric guitar can get!

FWIW, "thin" sounding synths definitely have a place in my sonic palette, as I believe one cannot build a track only using "fat" sounds. Variety is the spice of life IMO!

That being said, and as a fan of Noxious from the beginning, I can't wait to hear this new baby!

You are right with your statement about subtractive synths.
I only try to figure out how Oberon will sound, because I'm as well can't wait to hear it.

selig
RE Developer

23 Jun 2015

riemac wrote:

You are right with your statement about subtractive synths.
I only try to figure out how Oberon will sound, because I'm as well can't wait to hear it.
I hope I didn't come across as saying your point wasn't at all valid! I should clarify that the only time you will hear these differences is typically when not using a filter or running it wide open. The subtle details of a waveform are only totally evident when no filtering is applied - once you remove that top end detail with a filter, most saw waves are EXACTLY the same to the ear.

So unless you are talking about a patch with a wide open filter, which is a smaller percent of the patches typically used, you won't notice these subtle differences IMO.  

Remember also that the way a waveform looks is not 100% indicative of how it will sound in all cases.
Selig Audio, LLC

Faastwalker

23 Jun 2015

It's nice and .......... erm ........... RED!

I don't really know what else to say about visual representations of waveforms! :-/

How does it sound? I suppose it depends entirely on who you ask!

scifunk

25 Jun 2015

From its facebook page the price will be 99 somethings £/$/euros

Majestik Monkey

25 Jun 2015

Hmmmmmmmmm !  :thumbup:
Attachments
OBERON.png
OBERON.png (480.97 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

dhruan

25 Jun 2015

99€? Ouch but ok, will demo first chance I get, love the UI etc. but for that money we definitely needs to hear it... Going to be an expensive month, Oberon, Vecto, Mixfood Unison Xs, waiting for news on the Red Rock synth, maybe plonk down for the 8.3 upgrade etc... We really are spoiled when it comes to choise it seems. Good times. :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Faastwalker

25 Jun 2015

Swweeeeeett!! Looks a bit weird the way the top 'screen' bit goes around the screws! I'd loose the top two screws & have it solid black if possible. But other than that the GUI looks really nice. Well laid out with everything easily accessible. Can't wait to try this. Roll on next week .......... or possibly, hopefully a little sooner. Now it's been approved I guess it could appear at any time. I'm going to be checking the shop every five minutes (during waking hours) to see if it's appeared yet!

decibel

25 Jun 2015

tasty looking device there, cant wait to hear it properly :)

thala

25 Jun 2015

99 ... that is pretty fair for what you get.

pjeudy

25 Jun 2015

Another week ? Come on Props let it loose :-)
At this point Beta testers demos should be let loose also!

• Information