Jiggery-Pokery Sound's Ammo Question: How to set Rate precisely?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

08 Jun 2015

Is there a way to set the Rate/Frequency to a precise number? Once I move off 440 Hz I seem to be unable to get back there or to 220 or any other number I'm aiming for... There surely must be a way of achieving this that I'm overlooking... (holding down shift doesn't seem to help much either...)

Any hints?

D.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

08 Jun 2015

eusti wrote:Is there a way to set the Rate/Frequency to a precise number? Once I move off 440 Hz I seem to be unable to get back there or to 220 or any other number I'm aiming for... There surely must be a way of achieving this that I'm overlooking... (holding down shift doesn't seem to help much either...)

Any hints?

D.
Yes, there is!

To set to a very precise value anything in Reason, create an automation line on the knob/value you want to set with precision. Then, in edition mode, select the line of your knob/value to set. There a little pointer that tells you what his the starting value of your parameter. You can edit it by double-clicking on it and setting any value you want! Then, you can delete you automation line, and the set value will stay.

I think a picture might be a little more helpful:

:D
Attachments
Précis.jpg
Précis.jpg (161.11 KiB) Viewed 860 times
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

eusti

08 Jun 2015

Ah, that's a bit of a workaround, but I'll take it! :) !!!

Thank you electrochoc!

D.

mojo

08 Jun 2015

Great tip thanks.

Olivier

08 Jun 2015

I also tend to use that workaround. But its annoying. I sure hope Props is going to address that Reason-wide. (or just start with RE's ?) An option to type in a numerical value for any parameter would be very welcome and should be implementable via the SDK :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Grinder One

08 Jun 2015

eauhm wrote:I also tend to use that workaround. But its annoying. I sure hope Props is going to address that Reason-wide. (or just start with RE's ?) An option to type in a numerical value for any parameter would be very welcome and should be implementable via the SDK :)
Don't be daft :s0225:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

08 Jun 2015

eauhm wrote:I also tend to use that workaround. But its annoying. I sure hope Props is going to address that Reason-wide. (or just start with RE's ?) An option to type in a numerical value for any parameter would be very welcome and should be implementable via the SDK :)
This is to me too a Reason-wide needed feature, since many recent stock devices (the older of which being the MClass suite, that dated back to Reason 3) allow some bigger levels of precision... That could be added to the right-click menu pretty easily, from a non-programmer perspective of course! ;)
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

eusti

08 Jun 2015

That would be fabulous! :)

D.

Olivier

08 Jun 2015

Grinder One wrote: Don't be daft :s0225:
I'm a glass half full kind of guy ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information