Last day of 40% off FM4 Sale - Who bought it and who is passing?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

08 Jun 2015

I passed.  I was really tempted to buy it because it makes some great sounds, is easy to program, has a lot of character, and the multiple wave forms are GREAT!  But the CPU load is a killer.  And deal breaker for me.  They need to fix that, then I will most likely buy it.
I'm sure they will get the CPU under control and have another sale again, someday

A bit off topic, but something I would love to see added to PX7 is CV in for waveforms of the 6 operators.  That would be awesome!!  But it'll probably never happen.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

nikolafeve

08 Jun 2015

propsiman wrote:I pass because FM4 is a CPU hog.

I have PX7 for FM synthesis and its much more efficient and sounded very good too. If I need a more rough or distorted sound like FM4 there are enough choices in Reason to get it.
Same here!! It's a cpu hog
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

mbfrancis

09 Jun 2015

CPU + few patches = deal breaker, even at $25.  Will likely get Mixfood and/or Cinematic Booster pack or better, save my money lol.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Dante

20 Jun 2015

I passed. Because I have PX7 but also because it' did not seem to have the presets from the original 4OP in Yamahas SFG05 module which came with the CX5 computer.  These sounds are more unique than the ones from the DX9 which seemed to be cut down versions of the factory DX7 presets.

joeyluck

20 Jun 2015

I had to pass for now because my trial ran out before CPU related optimizations could be made.

Also, no news I know of yet on a patch converter for popular 4 op synths.

So, I will explore this again in the future if these updates are made and the trial reset.
Attachments
sfg05.jpg
sfg05.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 1330 times

Tincture

20 Jun 2015

I bought it because it was 19 euros!! and feckin' ace, amazing for that money :) I mean wow! This is an amazing synth! People turn their noses up at Snakebite at 25 euros and they are pure fools. It's an amazing synth. AMAZING! Poly! and distort options that are beyond...

Same goes here... FM4 for 19... what a doozy... for 39 ... just get it anyway! It's a well thought out, good sounding synth IMO.

I mean just the routing options mean each patch has multiple filter options before you eve decide on your own!

Upright

20 Jun 2015

Resonator wrote:I bought the iPad version for 99 cents when it was first released.

Same here....even though the RE offers CV connectivity and multiple instances I'll continue to use the iPad version. 

decibel

20 Jun 2015

at that price (same as a visit to the local cinema, a meal at an average resturant,,) i couldnt resist :)

Tincture

20 Jun 2015

Resonator wrote:I bought the iPad version for 99 cents when it was first released.
Upright wrote:

Same here....even though the RE offers CV connectivity and multiple instances I'll continue to use the iPad version. 
Heh, I can understand that! What a bargain! But for me, and ipad would be £300+ so the 19 euros I paid for a very sophisticated synth was an absolute bargain IMO. It's a great synth! Arguments with that?

Ostermilk

21 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote: Arguments with that?
None at all.  Despite how much I hate the word it was an 'instabuy' from me, the first ever... :)

I felt pretty much the same as you do about it.

I figure the CPU usage will get tweaked along the way but until that time I've not run into real problems with it in use so far anyway.

Majestik Monkey

21 Jun 2015

PX7 & FM4 Bought . . .  FM4 is a Bomb . Px7 is a Nuclear Bomb ! but i still scratch my head at PH last update for Px7 Only offering a few

extra Automation option's ? Px7 should really have a Matrix system setup . . .  :s0959:

psychasm

21 Jun 2015

I passed.

EddieG

21 Jun 2015

CRAp - I missed it - and a few others as well
stratcatfl in the house !

• Information