Last day of 40% off FM4 Sale - Who bought it and who is passing?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

08 Jun 2015

Hey everyone, I was curious who picked up FM4 during the 40% intro price sale and who decided to pass. I have been on the wall about this, as I already own PM7 and I wasn't sure if FM4 is truly worth the extra grab. What do you guys think about it? Why did you buy it/why did you pass on it?

Olivier

08 Jun 2015

I bought it because the price was ridiculous and it sounds great to me.
Compared to the PX7 it has some cool features like the extra waveforms. I really dig the Drift feature and the unison. Also the LoFi Models add a nice touch. I do hope they manage to do an update that gets the cpu usage down a bit.. coz its a bit of a resource hog.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

-Rkn-

08 Jun 2015

I pass because i already own PX7 and i think it is better.

Ashpool

08 Jun 2015

I have bought FM4 and I don't regret it (so far ;) ). I also own PM7 for years because I really love FM sounds.
For me FM4 is way more fun to use and it is easier to create a patch from scratch.

When I have tried it I decided to buy it simply because
1) ...it was way cheaper than I have expected.
2) ...I really like the FM4 patches.
3) ...the GUI looks so great :D

Theo.M

08 Jun 2015

hey thanks for the reminder, forgot the sale ended, have to grab this and strain my card, as the value is too good. And it sounds GREAT! Hope the cpu gets some optimization in the future as well as TONS more patches  :s0547: :s0221:

Theo.M

08 Jun 2015

.......AND, the shop is down here :frown: Wow i will most certainly miss out on this then, and can't ask someone who is not having site issues to buy it for me as they are non transferrable :frown:

Will message props and the dev and at least let them know i wanted to buy it right now but can't. I get an error message telling me to go back to the shop but then it gives the same message LOL. Kind of like "please check your connection" with the authoriser, when it's their server that's playing up.

Something went wrong, please try reloading the page.
If the problem persists, let us know at propellerheads.se/support and we will try to figure it out.
Go back to the Propellerhead Shop

EDIT: Working again, BOUGHT! Now, starvation for 4 days  :s0230:

Pinkbox

08 Jun 2015

I bought it.
I only use FM synths (I was only using PX7 until now) and I think PX7 and FM4 are not walking on each others grounds. There's cool features in FM4 (pitch fine going positive AND negative, noise, waves) that PX7 miss, but theses two are really complementary and I think I'm not going to buy a new synth ever!

At Vero Eos

08 Jun 2015

Bought it, even though i already owned PX7.

pLansford

08 Jun 2015

I almost passed on it because I bought PX7 in the May Madness Sale but it's at such a good price that I got it today. 

mrj1nx

08 Jun 2015

Got it, hardly tried it yet though but really liked what i tried so far.

Arrant
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

-Rkn- wrote:I pass because i already own PX7 and i think it is better.
Same here

Emian

08 Jun 2015

i passed, bought the Synthetic Rig, that gives me plenty of new synths to play with for a while :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Exowildebeest

08 Jun 2015

Bought it - I like it more than PX7. It has much more character in its sound and is way easier to program.

zeebot

08 Jun 2015

Already have it on ipad and its not really a hassle getting sounds from it into Reason so I passed.
Still, its a great synth so go buy it :D
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

propsiman

08 Jun 2015

I pass because FM4 is a CPU hog.

I have PX7 for FM synthesis and its much more efficient and sounded very good too. If I need a more rough or distorted sound like FM4 there are enough choices in Reason to get it.

Grinder One

08 Jun 2015

I bought as didn't have an FM synth. Not really played much yet though but know it's pretty capable from the five minutes I had with it prior to purchase.

Mart.

JNeffLind

08 Jun 2015

propsiman wrote:I pass because FM4 is a CPU hog.

I have PX7 for FM synthesis and its much more efficient and sounded very good too. If I need a more rough or distorted sound like FM4 there are enough choices in Reason to get it.
They are working on an update and were asking for beta testers on facebook to check the improved CPU efficiency. So hopefully that will change.

firejan82

08 Jun 2015

I have it on the iPad, I own the PX7, the cpu overload worries me, the increase of the intro price pissed me off - I didn't know about the euro price changes (how about a heads up email Propellerheads?) but I bought it anyways.... I'm just not good with money...

Puckboy2000

08 Jun 2015

How are the patches??? I am not really one who messes with knobs too much or make sounds from scratch. I haven't had time to trial it yet. Thanks
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

pLansford

08 Jun 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:How are the patches??? I am not really one who messes with knobs too much or make sounds from scratch. I haven't had time to trial it yet. Thanks
Oh the patches are beautiful but I hope they work out the CPU issues.  There were some patches made by users before release but they decided not to include them for some reason.  Hopefully Benedict and the other folks can release a ReFill.   :P

Edit: Ohhh nice Benedict put his patches up - here's the thread.  Thanks again Benedict.

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/fm4-in-t ... 1287356493

Exowildebeest

08 Jun 2015

firejan82 wrote:I have it on the iPad, I own the PX7, the cpu overload worries me, the increase of the intro price pissed me off - I didn't know about the euro price changes (how about a heads up email Propellerheads?) but I bought it anyways.... I'm just not good with money...
Didn't they give a heads up? It might have got lost among all the other crap they send though ;)

Puckboy2000

08 Jun 2015

Thanks guys!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

firejan82

08 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
Didn't they give a heads up? It might have got lost among all the other crap they send though ;)
 I don't think they did. I'm not 100% sure though.

craven

08 Jun 2015

I really liked the brief testing I did with it. Then I decided to wait for performance increases and a sale. Should have gotten it for 19€. The recent increase on the intro price puts me off now, even though it is just 6€ more. Silly, right?
:ugeek:

Resonator

08 Jun 2015

I bought the iPad version for 99 cents when it was first released. I like it. But I don't use it enough to buy the RE yet. So I'll miss out on the intro price. I also held out on buying it because a lot of people have mentioned it was a CPU hog. I haven't even tried the RE. I'll wait until a few updates for them to improve the CPU issues.

• Information