FXpansion DCAM ChanComp attack knob issue

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

01 Jun 2015

I posted on FXpansion's facebook page about their attack knob not really doing anything.

They replied to me yesterday:  "Sorry for the delay in replying. Just thought you might like to know that v1.0.1 is now available for all customers and fixes the attack problem."

Problem is, the Prop Shop is only showing version 1.0.  So, they haven't fixed it for us, yet.  Anyway.... will keep you guys posted on any updates I find.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

arqui

02 Jun 2015

thank for the news... :)
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Majestik Monkey

02 Jun 2015

Yeh cheer's Challism ' for the heads up ! i just bought it the other day & did'nt notice that  :thumbup:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

02 Jun 2015

Thanks for the info! And shame on me: I never noticed that either! When I use DCAM ChanComp, I almost always turn the attack knob to its minimum before sending any sound to it, so I didn't noticed it was not working... (The default or "stuck" attack value must be very low from the beginning...)
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Theo.M

02 Jun 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:Thanks for the info! And shame on me: I never noticed that either! When I use DCAM ChanComp, I almost always turn the attack knob to its minimum before sending any sound to it, so I didn't noticed it was not working... (The default or "stuck" attack value must be very low from the beginning...)
the other thing is that this comp only has a FAST attack time.. it's from like 0 to 1.5 ms .. so there are only subtle variations in sound.. 

But the fix will be most welcome as now, like the AU/VST, we will have the ability to crush transients if so desired :)

electrochoc (PRX-A)

02 Jun 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:Thanks for the info! And shame on me: I never noticed that either! When I use DCAM ChanComp, I almost always turn the attack knob to its minimum before sending any sound to it, so I didn't noticed it was not working... (The default or "stuck" attack value must be very low from the beginning...)
Theo.M wrote:
the other thing is that this comp only has a FAST attack time.. it's from like 0 to 1.5 ms .. so there are only subtle variations in sound.. 
Good point: from the beginning, its attack is always very fast. Even more than what you remembered:

Attack values - DCAM ChanComp: from 0.02 ms to 1.20 ms
Attack values - MClass Compressor: from 1.00 ms to 100.00 ms

... meaning the lowest value on MClass Comp is really near to the highest value of DCAM ChanComp! And the default value on creation (stucked value too?) is 0.14 ms. That would explain why I was globally happy with it without even noticing the attack knob didn't work... But that would also explain the "click" I hear sometimes when I use ChanComp with beats, meaning the attack is not fast enough on default setting (I though only a lookahead could solve those "clicks")... Maybe the 0.02 ms will make things better in this regard! Can't wait for the update (wishing it will work with Reason 6.5)!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Exowildebeest

02 Jun 2015

Well that explains why this bug was noticed this late :)

challism

02 Jun 2015

I'm concerned that they think they have updated it to version 1.0.1 to fix this issue, but the Shop is still showing version 1.0.  Does that mean the Props are slow to add it to the shop, or FXpansion overlooked the Prop shop and only made the fix available to their other platform(s)?  But I am not THAT concerned, honestly.  I don't really like the CPU this thing demands and I am completely in love with my new McDSP comps, as well as Selig Leveler and Red Rocks C1L1.  So I'm set.  :)

Theo.M

03 Jun 2015

challism wrote: I'm concerned that they think they have updated it to version 1.0.1 to fix this issue, but the Shop is still showing version 1.0.  Does that mean the Props are slow to add it to the shop, or FXpansion overlooked the Prop shop and only made the fix available to their other platform(s)?  But I am not THAT concerned, honestly.  I don't really like the CPU this thing demands and I am completely in love with my new McDSP comps, as well as Selig Leveler and Red Rocks C1L1.  So I'm set.  :)
I wouldn't worry about it mate, what they probably mean is they have fixed it from their end and submitted it to the shop, but props are sometimes known to have quite a few days or even weeks delay before uploading the latest version to the shop :)

It will be here soon :)

challism

03 Jun 2015

The important thing is, they addressed the issue and fixed it rather quickly.  I am an FXpansion fan (read Tres and Etch Red rule!)!!

arqui

09 Jun 2015

I do not understand because it was not yet released (one week ago)

arqui

19 Jun 2015

Hi.
someone can confirm if the new version is available for download?, because Fxpansion email me, saying he was the new version 1.0.1 for Reason users is available, but I do not find it, only the 1.0.0 version?

here the complete response.
--------------------------------------
Hello,

Have you tried re-installing the latest available version of Chancomp Re? v1.0.1 is now available for all customers and fixes the attack problem. Test and update me when you can.

Best,

Ryan
FXpansion Audio

---------------------------------------

Thanks

Exowildebeest

19 Jun 2015

The RE shop still says version 1.0.0, so no, the new version is not available yet.

arqui

19 Jun 2015

ok thanks, then I do not understand what they answered me.

Exowildebeest

19 Jun 2015

They might have submitted the update to Propellerheads, expecting it to be up quickly, but Propellerheads is busy with 8.3.

challism

19 Jun 2015

I got the same email, which prompted this forum thread. Still only seeing version 1.0.0 in the shop.

Theo.M

19 Jun 2015

arqui wrote:ok thanks, then I do not understand what they answered me.
I would hazard a guess that the plugin is stuck in the props release process (with which there are sometimes delays after the dev submits the plugin), and Ryan is unaware this has happened. But it would be nice to see the fix sooner rather than later as it's a really cool plugin. I know I am sort of in the minority there but i  have always liked it.

arqui

19 Jun 2015

I inform you that I wrote to them saying that even not in the store

Hi theo I'm big fan too.

arqui

20 Jun 2015

=====

Hello,

I sent a request to your QA team to see how we can gain access to this version. The issue was noted and addressed in a recent update, which should be available via download. I will follow up with you as soon as I receive more information.

Best,

Ryan
FXpansion Audio

• Information