Little LFO is Back

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

01 Jun 2015

Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

paulred67

01 Jun 2015

And it's FREE! In my rack already. :)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

mayzon

01 Jun 2015

I didn't even know this thing existed and now it's here... and its free? That's really cool!!

Can't wait to see what this thing can do.

Cheers

Mart

boobytrap

01 Jun 2015

What ! is that FREE... i spend 15 USD for that one year ago... unbelievable !  

chimp_spanner

01 Jun 2015

It's actually really cool. Like a monophonic FM synthesizer, or a really complex LFO generator. Making some gnarly growls with this thing.

dhruan

01 Jun 2015

Cool! I bought it when it came out originally, interesting (and also nice) to see it available as a freebie... I do wonder a little what led to that decision though.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

joeyluck

01 Jun 2015

dhruan wrote:Cool! I bought it when it came out originally, interesting (and also nice) to see it available as a freebie... I do wonder a little what led to that decision though.
I would guess either A) They are gearing up for a bigger release of something else and want to promote their name. Or B) It just wasn't selling and they are being nice/want to be relied upon less for support

Ostermilk

01 Jun 2015

It's a great device, I can't imagine it wasn't a good seller as it was cheap enough for what it is anyway.

I don't begrudge having bought it for a few quid previously and it's great that anyone can pick it up now, it's still one of my favourite RE's.

I can't imagine support was an issue for them either as it's worked well from day one and they're more likely to get support requests now it's available to anyone whether they have a use for it or not, that in itself may give rise to a deluge of dumb questions like "what is it for?"... :D

I also don't get the almost inevitable speculation of the why's and wherefore's of a devs business it's of no concern of anyone's except them and they most likely already know the reasons behind their own decision, no?

I'd say just get on it, give thanks and enjoy.

Alkua

01 Jun 2015

WOW this RE is Good. I think with this Lil LFO and Pulsar I will learn how to make my own sound, because
they are very simple.

tibah

01 Jun 2015

Wow! Just realized it's a freebie now too. I always had that one on my "someday" wishlist. Seems the price was always right in a way too. I had loads of fun using it as a simple synth.

Bonkhead

01 Jun 2015

Thank you ! Free is always nice and this looks nice in the rack :) thumbs up ! Maybe "big lfo " is around the corner ?

tibah

01 Jun 2015

On second thought: As far as I know, Little LFO got deleted from the shop by accident. Is there a chance that the free status is a mistake? 

boobytrap

01 Jun 2015

Bonkhead wrote:Free is always nice
not at all.  :)  now everybody love Little LFO coz it's free.

What a World ! again. 

you know, the truth is i BOUGHT Little LFO for 15$, after i bought some RE's using Credit Card i saw 15.something $ still left in my account. i spend that for Little LFO. and i have no idea what is that at that time.  

:t0152:

JoshuaPhilgarlic

01 Jun 2015

Little LFO is the best companion for Euclid to control all kind of randomness. Highly recommended :D !!!

challism

01 Jun 2015

Thanks to the developer!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

01 Jun 2015

Aside from WBL-5515, this could be considered the first free, playable RE instrument!

Thanks, Little IO! I hope it was on purpose!

Alkua

01 Jun 2015

I remember when saturation knob become free. Softtube gave full refund in credit to everybody that bought it in previous month.

darkmode

01 Jun 2015

My thanks also to the developer! This looks to be great fun and I completely missed it last time around.

One question. It states on the page that it comes with 125 Combinator patches. I cannot see where these are. As usual, I've probably missed something really obvious. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Faastwalker

01 Jun 2015

dhruan wrote:Cool! I bought it when it came out originally, interesting (and also nice) to see it available as a freebie... I do wonder a little what led to that decision though.
joeyluck wrote:
I would guess either A) They are gearing up for a bigger release of something else and want to promote their name. Or B) It just wasn't selling and they are being nice/want to be relied upon less for support
I hope that's the case. Would be great to see more from the Little LFO developer. Little LFO is one of those RE's I always thought looked very interesting but never got around to buying, which is criminal given how little it cost. Nice to get it for free but I feel a bit guilty about it now!

challism

01 Jun 2015

darkmode wrote:My thanks also to the developer! This looks to be great fun and I completely missed it last time around.

One question. It states on the page that it comes with 125 Combinator patches. I cannot see where these are. As usual, I've probably missed something really obvious. Any ideas?

Cheers.
You have to browse for it via the Reason browser (listed in the "Rack Extensions" folder).  Here's a picture;

Attachments
lfo.jpg
lfo.jpg (417.64 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

01 Jun 2015

Ostermilk wrote: I can't imagine support was an issue for them either as it's worked well from day one and they're more likely to get support requests now it's available to anyone whether they have a use for it or not, that in itself may give rise to a deluge of dumb questions like "what is it for?"... :D

I also don't get the almost inevitable speculation of the why's and wherefore's of a devs business it's of no concern of anyone's except them and they most likely already know the reasons behind their own decision, no?

I'd say just get on it, give thanks and enjoy.
We're just speculating here. One scenario I mentioned is they are just being nice :)

But I disagree on the point of support... Sure folks might ask questions, but it is much less an expectation to receive support for software that is free.

I'm hoping for my latter theory—That they are gearing up for a release and want to reestablish their name by offering a plugin for free, which also wins over customers. Developers do it all the time. Might not be the case here. They might just have made a nice gesture.

But again, hard not to question it when they have no other plugins in the shop.

NMRosta

02 Jun 2015

every rack will be free in the future?

i have learned to wait until thre is holliday low price,.,.,
i spend 140£ on TSAR1 (because the price where so hig, i asumed that that whas the best reverb in reason) and yes i love it!

but the thing is that it whent 70% lower price on the holliday offer.,.,., 70!!!!!!!!!!! it had be cool if it where 30% or something... So now, i have learned to just stay calm and whait until the price goes low or (free)  * i just think it is so stupid because i used to bay a servel instrument now and then under the whole year. But now, (ofcourse) i only spend cash on the holliday low price) I think they made a stupid misstake and will loose their regular customor while doing stuff like that.. :s0959:

just my thought..  But i love reason and all instrument.. and i have spend a lot of money on many REs... and will keep doing that.. :s0547:

darkmode

02 Jun 2015

challism wrote:
darkmode wrote:My thanks also to the developer! This looks to be great fun and I completely missed it last time around.

Cheers.
challism wrote:
You have to browse for it via the Reason browser (listed in the "Rack Extensions" folder).  Here's a picture;

challism wrote: 
Thank you! I knew it would be obvious.

Thanks for your time and effort!

Cheers.

• Information