RPVerb *UPDATE* 1.0.4

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

01 Jun 2015

Latest Version 1.0.4
  • reduced CPU usage by up to 30%
  • added button in back plate so that you can turn on / off reverb clearing when you stop the sequencer.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rpverb-effect/
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tibah

01 Jun 2015

CPU was the reason I didn't get RPVerb in the first place and now I have too many options in that field already. Meh! ;)

(Well, just Uhbik-A and TSAR-1R! Maybe... I...still...can... :crazy:  reverb obsession FTW!)

Theo.M

01 Jun 2015

WOWOWOWOWOWO!! 30% reduction!! WOW!! Thank you Jon and Rob!

One of the most wonderful reverb plugins whether vst/au/aax/re, used absolutely every track.

I always say, this one requires a tweakers hand, so give it a real good test and try all algorithms on a variety of sounds before forming an opinion. 

A truly essential reverb plugin :)

Thanks again for the update!

RPSupport

01 Jun 2015

pjeudy wrote: Latest Version 1.0.4
  • reduced CPU usage by up to 30%
  • added button in back plate so that you can turn on / off reverb clearing when you stop the sequencer.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rpverb-effect/
Beat me too it!! :)

miahluvdd

01 Jun 2015

Hooray!! Thanks!

selig
RE Developer

01 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:WOWOWOWOWOWO!! 30% reduction!! WOW!! Thank you Jon and Rob!

One of the most wonderful reverb plugins whether vst/au/aax/re, used absolutely every track.

I always say, this one requires a tweakers hand, so give it a real good test and try all algorithms on a variety of sounds before forming an opinion. 

Thanks for the heads up Theo! For some reason I missed trying this one when it first came out. Looks like I need to set some time aside for some deep trials…love going down the rabbit hole with reverbs (second only to compressors!).
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

nikolafeve

01 Jun 2015

tibah wrote:CPU was the reason I didn't get RPVerb in the first place
Same here

i had already try this reverb in pro tools and loved it
what about the cpu now? can someone do some test against other reverb like tsar please?
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

Theo.M

01 Jun 2015

selig wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Theo! For some reason I missed trying this one when it first came out. Looks like I need to set some time aside for some deep trials…love going down the rabbit hole with reverbs (second only to compressors!).
:)
Hey Giles you are welcome.. It really is a bit of a different type of verb cause the room size is so critical to the *sound* of the tail. In every other verb I have tried, the room size doesn't affect the tail the way this does.. it is capable of some incredibly funky effects but also some incredibly smooth lush verb. It's a dark verb so i suggest always starting with filters fully open and using shift drag to fine tune. Also if it initially doesn't sound right I always find that going through every style with patience will nail it. This reverb requires work, but it's worth it cause it can cover so many scenarios. It's the all in one complement to RV7K imo.

Theo.M

01 Jun 2015

tibah wrote:CPU was the reason I didn't get RPVerb in the first place
nikolafeve wrote:
Same here

i had already try this reverb in pro tools and loved it
what about the cpu now? can someone do some test against other reverb like tsar please?

I will do it for you! Be back soon with results...
In my initial tests it was slightly better than softube so now it should be noticeably better :)

Don't forget this is also true stereo and has a lot more control over the sound than the softube.

BRB! Cheers

Theo.M

01 Jun 2015

Hmm interesting! I hadn't updated yet so got to compare the just previous build of RP with Softube and then the new build! My laptop is 4.5 years old! 2.2 ghz sandy bridge i7 quad macbook pro. Purchased Jan 2011. 

This test is inline on one single track playing back, on an empty project otherwise (no other fx). So one audio track, a drum loop on the one track with playback looping, and the verb plugins inline and correctly connected and processing, on the one track.

Softube : 6 before crackles

RP previous : 7 before crackles

RP New : 12 !!

Unfortunately at this level of cpu usage (all three tests above), heat quickly ramps up to 90% and the laptop then throttles itself backwards ghz wise.. (rather it did that than blew up LOL), which is what had always been happening to me in the past and it took me ages to click about it.. on a desktop reason is much more stable with high cpu usage.

Rather than invest in a new laptop, which I can no way afford, I have a new coolermaster notebook cooler coming, after doing much research on the very best notebook cooler and model, and I actually think it will make enough a difference to keep the macbook from throttling, which will be like a whole new life for me with Reason :) I will be able to get many more RE's than before if the theory is correct. Will let you all know if it works in another topic, as it could benefit all those who suffer from notebook throttling.

xxASMxx

01 Jun 2015

Ditto!  A truly great reverb.

ahs

01 Jun 2015

finally the managed to not stop the reverb tail !!!
after many emails !

gak

01 Jun 2015

Oh, I had no idea about the tails (just bought it on sale)

Nice to see they are still working on it :)  

nikolafeve

02 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:Hmm interesting! I hadn't updated yet so got to compare the just previous build of RP with Softube and then the new build! My laptop is 4.5 years old! 2.2 ghz sandy bridge i7 quad macbook pro. Purchased Jan 2011. 

This test is inline on one single track playing back, on an empty project otherwise (no other fx). So one audio track, a drum loop on the one track with playback looping, and the verb plugins inline and correctly connected and processing, on the one track.

Softube : 6 before crackles

RP previous : 7 before crackles

RP New : 12 !!

Unfortunately at this level of cpu usage (all three tests above), heat quickly ramps up to 90% and the laptop then throttles itself backwards ghz wise.. (rather it did that than blew up LOL), which is what had always been happening to me in the past and it took me ages to click about it.. on a desktop reason is much more stable with high cpu usage.

Rather than invest in a new laptop, which I can no way afford, I have a new coolermaster notebook cooler coming, after doing much research on the very best notebook cooler and model, and I actually think it will make enough a difference to keep the macbook from throttling, which will be like a whole new life for me with Reason :) I will be able to get many more RE's than before if the theory is correct. Will let you all know if it works in another topic, as it could benefit all those who suffer from notebook throttling.

Thank you Theo for the test!!
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

ebop

02 Jun 2015

And true to form with RP REs, RPverb has a truck load of well indexed patches. They're good like that :)

zakalwe

03 Jun 2015

the only two things that sucked about it gone.  nice work RP.  :thumbup:

• Information