REs that Can Crash Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
thala

02 Jun 2015

ok, i just had lunch and was happy about the fixed thing. switched the filter for fun... crash again
loaded your Combi, audio loss bug
my patch again: it needed some trys, but crash again.
but now it says: Softtube Saturation Knob.  while i am selecting the filter by mouse in GQ-7.
same behaviour as every time , i can read the message, but not click on it. cause reason is "whitened out".
but the explorer.exe isnt killed anymore yet.

edit:
some tries later:
loaded several saturation knob patches (how stupid this feels...)
remoted it via combinator knobs. everything fine.
loaded my gq-7 crash patch, and now i am able to click "OK" before it crashes. so it is getting better *rolleyes*

Koshdukai

02 Jun 2015

thala wrote:another possebility could be: automating that filter switching via combinator.

patch loading and crashing parameter automating via combinator, these two things were equal.
I see. Well, guess I'll investigate the empty-patch side of this since I also tried changing the Slope via GUI (mouse-click) besides the Combi and Sequencer automations.

thala

02 Jun 2015

so, while it is "getting better" it really seems:
there have to be set some "flags"/bits somewhere and it will run.
same with digital filter. there i had a GUI-click-filtercharacteristic-complete-crash-bug too. once i`ve loaded the right combinator it worked as intended.

i have edited the post before this in between.

gak

02 Jun 2015

Koshdukai wrote:
@gak: have you tried the .cmb to confirm that it also crashes your Reason setup?

I'm starting to have difficulty following this thread, are you talking about the 3 combi's that are under rack extentions/GEQ 7?

Koshdukai

02 Jun 2015

gak wrote:I'm starting to have difficulty following this thread, are you talking about the 3 combi's that are under rack extentions/GEQ 7?

I only see references to this one on this thread:
http://www.reasontalk.com/file?id=2329924

So I guess we're talking about the same one :)

• Information