Blamsoft Distortion Trifecta

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

31 May 2015

Is this bundle on sale right now?  It doesn't say that it is on sale, but it seems to be on sale @$31 for the 3 of them.  $10 each is a pretty great price.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Blamsoft
RE Developer

31 May 2015

Yes, it is on sale, $18 off the regular price.

Watch out for bundles that are on sale, they haven't been put on the sale page.

challism

31 May 2015

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the sale price.  I picked it up.  :)

dvdrtldg

01 Jun 2015

How do you like them? I like the DC-9 a lot, but not so much the orange one. Trialled the Toob distortion when it came out, but couldn't get it sounding good at all.

challism

01 Jun 2015

Admittedly, I am already set on distortion units... but I went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway. 

I made a hasty decision before the sale ended.  I only trialed DC9.  I love its sound.  I figured for another $11 I can have the other 2, even if I only kind of like them, it'd be ok.  Maybe one of the two is half-way decent, I'd be happy for getting it for only $11. 

But I still haven't downloaded them because I am afraid of the damn authorizer getting stuck in a license-writing loop, and I want to use Reason at the moment, so I will have to try the other two later.  I took a chance and rolled the dice.  As a guitar player, I figured the other two would be good to have, since they are modeled after famous guitar distortion units.  And they both have 4 out of 5 stars.  Three REs for $31 isn't a bad risk, I suppose.  I'm sure I will get some use out of them.
BTW, I picked up Resampler, too. This RE is OFF THE HOOK!  Seriously!!  It's what Futzbox's "lo fi" and "distortion" sections SHOULD have been.  I'm loving Resampler!!  It's also quite nice running Resampler with DC9.  I think Resampler is one of my favorite distortion units at the moment.

miahluvdd

01 Jun 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:How do you like them? I like the DC-9 a lot, but not so much the orange one. Trialled the Toob distortion when it came out, but couldn't get it sounding good at all.
I use the Toob straight into one of the kaussa cabs (with the amp turned off) to get some cool sounds for guitar. Other than that, I tend to use other options for distortion. Anybody else found a good sounding use/setup for Toob?

challism

02 Jun 2015

T00b and DC1 are very harsh, but I find they can make some nice noise after you back off the wet/dry/amount knob quite a bit.  They both have a pretty nice tone and add their own unique color to a track

I think my favorite is Resampler!  Oh wait, that isn't in the trifecta.  ;)

My favorite is DC9 * love it.  Then T00b.  Then DC1.
For an extra $11, I'm glad I picked up the bundle.

Fretless Fingers

03 Jun 2015

I recently used Tube in front of the my already mildly distorted Cerberus for bass. It didnt do squat until I hit the bass button but then it added that crunch I was looking for. Not to much but enough to really drive the bass where I needed it. I'm definitely a fan
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

• Information