Different kind of VS thread ~ Parsec vs Antidote SALES

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

29 May 2015

So both of these bad boys on sale right now.  Both are roughly 30% off.  So here's the question(s): What is the lowest you have seen these synths on sale, and how often do they go on sale?
If I remember correctly, it seems like they both go on sale fairly regularly, at least 2x a year.  And if I also remember correctly, the current sale price of each is pretty much the same sale price I have always seen them in the past (85par/99ant).  So this sale is not anything new, and there really isn't any reason to buy now, if I can wait until the next sale.  Is my memory accurate?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

thala

29 May 2015

challism wrote: So both of these bad boys on sale right now.  Both are roughly 30% off.  So here's the question(s): What is the lowest you have seen these synths on sale, and how often do they go on sale?
If I remember correctly, it seems like they both go on sale fairly regularly, at least 2x a year.  And if I also remember correctly, the current sale price of each is pretty much the same sale price I have always seen them in the past (85par/99ant).  So this sale is not anything new, and there really isn't any reason to buy now, if I can wait until the next sale.  Is my memory accurate?
no one here can look into the future and can say if they go on sale again.
it looks like they will do on every sale. but you cant be shure.
both are worth its full price, IF you really use them much. they are delivering good quality and workflow. and antidotes effects are maybe worth alone the sales price.

challism

29 May 2015

Your reply really didn't address the original post, but that's cool.  :)   I'm not asking for future predictions.  Of course, we can not predict the future, but as the famous saying goes: the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.  Based on the famous saying, I'm asking "What is the lowest you have seen (past tense) these synths on sale, and how often do they go (past-continuous-ish tense) on sale?"
And BOTH of these REs are on my "want to buy" list.  I agree they are both amazing.

thala

29 May 2015

challism wrote: Your reply really didn't address the original post, but that's cool.  :)   I'm not asking for future predictions.  Of course, we can not predict the future, but as the famous saying goes: the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.  Based on the famous saying, I'm asking "What is the lowest you have seen (past tense) these synths on sale, and how often do they go (past-continuous-ish tense) on sale?"
And BOTH of these REs are on my "want to buy" list.  I agree they are both amazing.
sorry i cant remember the last sales price.

challism

29 May 2015

No worries, man.  I think my memory serves me pretty well.  It seems like they have historically been on sale for $85 and $99.  But the REAL QUESTION IS:  How much longer can I hold out without buying these REs? 

I am also beta testing a new synth that you guys are gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE!  But I can't talk about it yet.  So I'm gonna have to start setting aside some money for that one, too, if they don't decide to give the beta testers the RE for discount/free.... crossing my fingers/holding my breathe. 

thala

29 May 2015

challism wrote:No worries, man.  I think my memory serves me pretty well.  It seems like they have historically been on sale for $85 and $99.  But the REAL QUESTION IS:  How much longer can I hold out without buying these REs? 

I am also beta testing a new synth that you guys are gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE!  But I can't talk about it yet.  So I'm gonna have to start setting aside some money for that one, too, if they don't decide to give the beta testers the RE for discount/free.... crossing my fingers/holding my breathe. 
i have seen your name in the list of testers. and my first thaught was exactly in direction of that beta... if i had to choose between antidote,parsec, and that beta one... the beta wins.
but i am glad to have antidote and parsec too... they are really worth its money.

jfrichards

29 May 2015

Parsec has been on sale at two IMSTA FESTA events for $59 at the Guitar Center booth.  I loved the event and the Parsec was icing on the cake.  They seem to be held every 4 months or so.

joeyluck

29 May 2015

As far as the Propellerhead Shop...
I think Parsec was $85 on sale when I bought it in the winter.

Antidote was intro priced at $99 and on sale for $99 maybe 2-3 other times. $99 is the lowest it has been and it's been consistent.

Chances are you will see both for the same sale prices this winter...or maybe lower! Who knows!

• Information