Backline Rig.... how are the refills?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

27 May 2015

I already have Reason Bass and Drums, so I guess I am really just asking about the Ryan Greene Drums and Art of Brushes 3.
It stinks that I already own (edit) 4 of the REs in this bundle and 2 of the refills.  I wish there was a build your own bundle option.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Tincture

27 May 2015

Depends what music you make I suppose but I've being using the Art of Brushes one quite a bit lately, I really like it. It's got some very nice Octorex patches ;) The Ryan Greene Al drums is great for my guitar based stuff as well. Used that in at least one song too.

challism

27 May 2015

I can't really put a label on my tunes, but I do some rock type stuff, quite often.  The Ryan Greene refill seems like it would be a great addition to the heavier stuff.
I also have Art of Brushes 1.  And I LOVE IT!  I use it all the time.  I wonder how Art or Brushes 3 compares?

Tincture

27 May 2015

I can't compare as I only have No.3 but I really like it, lots of content/variety and I'm guessing there wouldn't be overlap with a previously released Refill ??

I know I'll use the Ryan Greene one quite a bit when I bite the bullet and get back to recording some guitar stuff.

craven

27 May 2015

Art of Brushes is awesome! I really love it!
:ugeek:

eusti

27 May 2015

challism wrote: I can't really put a label on my tunes, but I do some rock type stuff, quite often.  The Ryan Greene refill seems like it would be a great addition to the heavier stuff.
I also have Art of Brushes 1.  And I LOVE IT!  I use it all the time.  I wonder how Art or Brushes 3 compares?
Maybe this helps:

http://www.thelooploft.com/collections/ ... shes-vol-3

D.

challism

27 May 2015

Thanks eusti, that does help for my "art of brushes" question.

eusti

27 May 2015

Glad I could help! :)

D.

• Information