Delay!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

27 May 2015

Looking at the Relapse Multiband Delay or Zvork LeSpace in the sale. Two quite different devices for sure but both that provide delay. So which one should I go for & why? I must admit I like the look of LeSpace and it's a bigger discount than the Relapse device, which may in the end sway me.

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 May 2015

Hard to answer as each has a different core slant. Both will provide echos but so will DDL-1 or The Echo. 

Relapse is about splitting Freq (like Aligater) and then creating delays.
LeSpace is about creating multi-tap patterns

I would think that Relapse could be roughly emulated with stock devices. LeSpace is probably harder. 

But more importantly you have to ask yourself if you will get value from them?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

devilfish

27 May 2015

LeSpace has Audio-Inserts on the backpanel ;)
It is just amazing how crazy you can go with that Option. Try it!!

tiker01

27 May 2015

Don`t forget JP`s BBD Delays. They are really great.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... y+Ensemble

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Faastwalker

27 May 2015

tiker01 wrote:Don`t forget JP`s BBD Delays. They are really great.

Fantastic, amazing devices ........ that are not in the sale. This is all about maximizing sale potential ;)

Emian

27 May 2015

there's also 3plex in the Synthetic Rig .... great fun device !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Faastwalker

27 May 2015

devilfish wrote:LeSpace has Audio-Inserts on the backpanel ;) It is just amazing how crazy you can go with that Option. Try it!!
You mean the Feedback Breakouts?

devilfish

27 May 2015

devilfish wrote:LeSpace has Audio-Inserts on the backpanel ;) It is just amazing how crazy you can go with that Option. Try it!!
Faastwalker wrote: You mean the Feedback Breakouts?
Yes and No.. :D

You have 6 Feedback (Signal) sends and 6 Feedback (Signal) Returns.
And it´s called INSERT also
On real Hardware the Audio-Insert is typically connected with a Y-Cable.

This options are terrific.
Put a distortion here, a Reverb/Filter/Chorus there, an other Delay between this and that Feedback...
I think it's quite unique!

Edit:
For me personally, this is the most creative Delay in Reason.
For everything else, there are two standard Delays in Reason (Echo & DDL-1).

thala

28 May 2015

tiker01 wrote:Don`t forget JP`s BBD Delays. They are really great.

Faastwalker wrote:
Fantastic, amazing devices ........ that are not in the sale. This is all about maximizing sale potential ;)
i really like titus from JP. there are some really advantages for me.
1.deactivate bdd and get a really clean sounding resampler. there is no volume lost like in other devices.
2. really long synced delays. i often build analogue feeling ccombinators. what means: sometimes the sound isnt reprocuable by 100%. there comes titus in as a 8bar emergency looping device. without loosing tone/volume. it can repeat it for hours which gives me time to create a audio track and resampling the sound.

if you want to play around with delay timing/rates the echo seems to have the best non wierding up algorithm. algorythm :)

stuff like multiple delays i always build by myself in combinators. with the echo and titus.
but only you know after trying some RE which one is triggering you to get in a creative workflow.
technically i think titus is the cleanest. its easy to add some mud if you want. but de-mudding isnt available yet, once you get mud in your delay buffer... so i go for titus and the good old echo.
so; if you cant or dont want to build a multi delay by yourself maybe steerspike is a option too. try them all then. each of these multidelays deserve a different workflow.

Faastwalker

28 May 2015

I'm trying LeSpace right now. It sounds great. A wide of range of effects can be had from short chorus like to very long echo & everything in between. Very nice. Must admit though I'm confused by the tap / delay line length thing. I guess the best way to get my head around it is to just have one short sound hitting once every 16th bar length then play around with length / taps on LeSpace & see what's what. Problem is I can't help just playing around & adding loads of stuff to make some really cool, rhythmic sounds out of practically nothing! Lots of fun this one. Think I might be this as it's a saving of $20 in the sale. The Relapse Multiband delay is only $10 off. So it's looking like LeSpace to maximize May Sale potential ;)

• Information