Reverb RE <Poll>

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Neo

26 May 2015

Do you have a favourite goto Reverb RE?

RPVerb looks/sounds like a good all-rounder, sweet spot on the wallet aswell? lol Opinions and thoughts welcomed.

Apologies if its already been asked. I did use the search - Cheers

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=reverb

Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb
Synapse Deep Reverb
Rack Extension
Synapse Audio
$45.00
Inspired by a high-end 1980s outboard reverb, the Synapse Deep Reverb DR-1 delivers a deep, lush sound not found in modern software reverbs.

New in v1.1.0: Modulation knob, Lo/Hi Cut filters.

Studio FX

AD 480 Reverb
Pro Studio Reverb
Rack Extension
Fiedler Audio
$85.00
Pro quality studio reverb effect for Propellerheads Reason and Reason Essentials. – Enhance and enrich your recordings and live sound with the perfect sonic texture of your choice. The AD 480 Reverb RE is capable of simulating a virtually unlimited number of acoustic spaces of all sizes. Powerful filters shape the sonic color of the reverb and the unique “cross feed” function enables you to control the directional behavior of the reverb according to the panorama angle of the input signal. The user interface is designed for quick and comfortable access to all parameters.

On the back panel you find stereo outputs for the mixed signal as well as for wet and dry separated, giving you great routing flexibility. The vast number of CV-inputs enable you to automate and modulate almost all of the AD 480 Reverb REs parameters and let you discover entirely new ways to creatively use reverb in your production.

Studio FX

Renoun Reverb
Modulating Reverb
Rack Extension
Unfiltered Audio
$29.00
Renoun is a Reverb that goes beyond simple reverberation. Deep modulation options and full CV control result in a rack that will make your tracks stand out in ways you've never expected.

Use it as a room simulator, a tremolo, a pseudo-FM synthesizer, a distortion unit... we're still finding new uses for it!

Renoun 1.1 adds input/output meters, knob value displays, and an improved preset display!

Studio FX

Softube Spring Reverb
"Sproing!"
Rack Extension
Softube
$79.00
Spring Reverb is an authentic spring reverb recreation that will add vintage character and grit to any audio track. It also includes novel features such as a fully automatable Shake control that will shake the virtual springs around for those thunderous spring effects. Get some recognizable character in your mix with the Spring Reverb!

Studio FX

Softube TSAR-1 Reverb
True stereo reverb
Rack Extension
Softube
$199.00
The TSAR-1 Reverb is not an emulation. It's not a stock design. It's not a static snapshot of a space. The TSAR-1 is a powerful, sophisticated, detailed and modern reverb algorithm. It's alive and vibrant, gentle and dreamy, and above all—natural and believable.

Studio FX

Softube TSAR-1R Reverb
Easy to use reverb
Rack Extension
Softube
$79.00
Modern and classy algorithmic reverb with a natural and vibrant sound. The extreme ease-of-use allows you to create a realistic space within seconds, comfortably knowing that this is the same famous and powerful algorithm as in the TSAR-1 Reverb. Just fewer knobs to tweak.

Studio FX

Digital Hall Reverb with Orchestral Card
Convolution reverb
Rack Extension
Red Rock Sound
$15.00
Orchestral Hall Reverb based on the convolution technique. Supplied with high quality impulse responses obtained with the well-known in the 90's hardware reverberator.

SALE - NOW $15/€12, WAS $19/€15

Studio FX

RiVerb Studios Snd Stages Symphony Halls
Convolution Reverb
Rack Extension
Numerical Sound
$49.00
NOW $49/€39, WAS $69/€55
Numerical Sound RiVerb: Studios, Soundstages & Symphony Halls brings world-class medium to medium large spaces to the Rack Extension shop. The 36 spaces range from medium size studios, film scoring stages, soundstages up to symphony halls. These spaces feature rich detail that algorithmic reverbs can't emulate. The Etched Early Reflections, Spectral Weighting and True Ambience content give each reverb a unique sound.

Studio FX

RiVerb Up-Front Spaces
Convolution Reverb
Rack Extension
Numerical Sound
$49.00
NOW $49/€39, WAS $69/€55
Numerical Sound RiVerb: Up-Front Spaces brings world-class reverb to Rack Extension shop. It is both the first convolution reverb Rack Extension and one of the first reverbs anywhere dedicated to the up-front impact of real small venues. The 36 spaces range from the sound of small professional studios to recital halls and the more intimate scoring stages. The spaces feature rich detail that algorithmic reverbs can't emulate. The Etched Early Reflections, Spectral Weighting and True Ambience content give it a sound unlike any other convolution reverb.

Go to SoundCloud website to see marker points where active reverb patch name is specified.

Studio FX

RPVerb Effect
Reverb
Rack Extension
Rob Papen
$55.00
SALE - NOW $55/€45, WAS $79/€65

When it comes to a pristine, authentic reverb, it's the algorithm that counts.
RP-Verb is the fruit of Rob Papen's decades-long study of reverb.
With countless hours of exploring, testing, and tweaking by Rob himself and Jon Ayres, the result is exactly what you would expect: a stunning, musical reverb that brings unmatched dimension and fullness to your mixes.

RP-Verb is "the Reverb" that you have waited years for to use in your Reason rack!

Studio FX

Synapse Fat Space
Room Simulator
Rack Extension
Synapse Audio
$79.00
Fat Space is a completely novel type of reverb never seen before. With a largely customizable reverb envelope and introducing a new technology we call Liquid Convolution, Fat Space produces a thick sound like no other reverb does and excels both at real room modelling and unreal spaces alike. With its novel technology, Fat Space is free of reverb artifacts and thus works on a wide range of sounds.

Studio FX

Uhbik-A
Rack Extension
u-he
$39.00
ambience / reverb, a very unusual combination of early reflections with different plate algorithms.

While most of the other effects in the Uhbik family are geared towards the more synthetic, radical effects, Uhbik-A is the master of understatement. Great reverb is seldom conspicuous, but if itʼs not there, something is missing from the sound.

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Yonatan

26 May 2015

I acctually have good use for Numeral Sounds two reverbs. Yesterday I bought the red one and am very pleased with it. As it sound very natural. I do know many ppl complain over the lack of controls, loading patches and so on, but despite these limitations right now, it still serves me enough at the moment. We always look at the huge VST-efx and compare to them. Well, it all comes down to getting the sound you want, as easy as it can be done. 

But it all depends on what purpose to use it. Many with EDM music probably have more use with RPverb, Deep verb and so on.
I find that there indeed is "room and space" for many different reverbs, as well as kompressors and EQs. Equally true it is to say that you could be very creative with a limited rack also, just with stock devices you could do whatever. I like simplicity, but also the options with the REs to make me rethink and try new combinations. 

Both worlds are good. And when on a limited laptop, I always use the stock devices, and only later I try different REs to get some more possible diversity. 

adfielding

26 May 2015

I use Uhbik-A and DR-1 almost exclusively these days, though I still have a soft spot for ol' faithful RV7k.

jfrichards

26 May 2015

adfielding wrote:...I still have a soft spot for ol' faithful RV7k.
I've been focusing on the RV7000 for a few months now.  That is one beautiful reverb.  A recent setup for my guitar was one with a touch of Fender Spring, then split into left and right, using the second verb on the left as a mid/high EQ'd hall sound with medium delay and diffusion at 0, and the third on the right with very high EQ and long delay/long tail.  It sounds sooooo good.  I've been using my TC Electronic reverb as a template sound and copying it with the RV7000.  It comes close.  Tailoring the EQ is key.

Pepin

26 May 2015

These days, I mainly use TSAR-1. It's better at subtlety than the other algorithmic reverbs I've tried, and it's very easy to tweak.

I also use Antidote's reverb if I need something particularly huge/lush.

Ocean of Waves

26 May 2015

adfielding wrote:I use Uhbik-A and DR-1 almost exclusively these days, though I still have a soft spot for ol' faithful RV7k.
Idem.

darkmode

26 May 2015

For my orchestral work I do love the RV7000 but I also utilise the Tsar-1 For the odd instrument and final glue in the mix.
I've not trailed too many others because I'm quite happy with the results I'm getting at the moment.

If anyone has found another good reverb for orchestral/cinematic work, give it a shout out. You never stop learning.

Cheers.

tibah

26 May 2015

Another vote for Uhbik-A.

The little TSAR got me on a deal and I quite like it for my sample-based stuff / *-hop styles. RV7000 surprises me very often again once I reach for it.

I don't have DR-1, but as I'm guessing that Antidote's reverb is quite the same, I use that often on sends and sometimes I believe it should be the only reverb to own, which I didn't buy! But then again, I don't want to end up with 4 reverbs.  :s0230:

Tincture

26 May 2015

I like reverbs :) I will probably get the new Synapse and ad480 when I'm richer but from your list I voted for TSAR1, DR-1 and uhbik but also really like the riverb upfront spaces. Didn't vote for softube spring reverb as I have issues that it works differently on 1st and subsequent plays. I would say my current usage is tsar > dr-1 > uhbik. Tsar most cause I use a small studio setting as a "soundstager" on most things at small amts as a send. Slowly going off uhbik, can't quite say why... Like it more when I take out quite a bit of hi freqs.

zeebot

26 May 2015

adfielding wrote:I use Uhbik-A and DR-1 almost exclusively these days, though I still have a soft spot for ol' faithful RV7k.
Exactly my thoughts! I feel I dont need anything more than these two (the RV is also still great after all these years a very useful reverb)
I would like a decent convolution reverb like McDSP's Revolver but maybe in the future.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Emian

26 May 2015

Uhbik A & Synapse here too. i don't have the DR-1 ; but allways use Antidote for that, as far as i know they're allmost identical.

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information