No more rack extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
psychasm

24 May 2015

I wonder if it will be safe to unistall authoriser and then re-install? Or should i wait til i get a response from props? At this point i dont think I want to risk losing everything by doing an uninstall which means i probably have to wait a week.

Theo.M

24 May 2015

psychasm wrote:I wonder if it will be safe to unistall authoriser and then re-install? Or should i wait til i get a response from props? At this point i dont think I want to risk losing everything by doing an uninstall which means i probably have to wait a week.
have done all that, it's safe, but doesn't help this issue.

I even ero formatted and reinstalled the OS and only reason from scratch.

err, edit, correction. That should have been, "Zero formatted". (its a 7200 rpm mechanical drive).

CharlyCharlzz

24 May 2015

I dont think it's a only trial thing , the only time I ever had troubles it was RE that I havent updated right and with a older authorizer version and when I re-instaled the new authoriser and all the new versions of RE's it failed again so I un-instaled and re-instaled everything with the new versions (including going from 7 to 7.1.1) and that was after cleaning up my system and then it worked .
I am on PC .
so maybe that can help to find out the danger spot .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Gaja

25 May 2015

Gaja wrote:Did you mean 15000? because in my book 1500kb/s is not very much. But anyway I have no knowledge of this and only speculate with very limited background. I just refuse to believe that props don't care, because that has never been my experience with them at all. Everyone I had contact with at props was super nice and helpful and it was clear they did all they could to meet my needs. What I do believe is that they have trouble replicating the issue and therefore can only do so much to get to the bottom of the issue. It may be some kind of incompatibility between their server and certain internet providers or setups that only happens seemingly randomly. But anyway I empathize strongly with you guys who encouter this issue, because I know it would drive me evil mad!
Theo.M wrote:
that's very good for DSL.. yes 1,500 kilobytes per second or 1.5 megabytes per second. Sometimes I get 1,800 which is getting close to totally maxing dsl out. I am very close to the exchange. Unfortunately Australia ranks very low worldwide for overall internet speed, we are like number 47 or something. Thankfully at the next place I am moving to there is 100 megabit cable, which will give me up to 10 meagbytes or 10 thousand k per second download. For me, that will be like lightning. I can watch HD netflix here with no issues, and download at the same time, even on my current connection. Anyway, even at 1,500 K per second, that means I can download a one gigabyte RE in 11 minutes, it's not that bad. A license as i said only takes mere seconds when it works.

Edit, i Realise what you mean now, we are using different divisions, my DSL is connected at 16100 at present. 
You're gonna love that change man!
I have 100 Mb/s at work and it's a dream come true! I can stream Movies in HD on the cinema screen without any hiccups. That's just fantastic and offers great opportunity for long nights with many movies :)
I'll be interested to know whether your authorizer problems change at all. I know you're not holding your breath and I wouldn't, but somewhere in the dark there's always a bit of light.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Theo.M

25 May 2015

Gaja wrote:Did you mean 15000? because in my book 1500kb/s is not very much. But anyway I have no knowledge of this and only speculate with very limited background. I just refuse to believe that props don't care, because that has never been my experience with them at all. Everyone I had contact with at props was super nice and helpful and it was clear they did all they could to meet my needs. What I do believe is that they have trouble replicating the issue and therefore can only do so much to get to the bottom of the issue. It may be some kind of incompatibility between their server and certain internet providers or setups that only happens seemingly randomly. But anyway I empathize strongly with you guys who encouter this issue, because I know it would drive me evil mad!
Theo.M wrote:
that's very good for DSL.. yes 1,500 kilobytes per second or 1.5 megabytes per second. Sometimes I get 1,800 which is getting close to totally maxing dsl out. I am very close to the exchange. Unfortunately Australia ranks very low worldwide for overall internet speed, we are like number 47 or something. Thankfully at the next place I am moving to there is 100 megabit cable, which will give me up to 10 meagbytes or 10 thousand k per second download. For me, that will be like lightning. I can watch HD netflix here with no issues, and download at the same time, even on my current connection. Anyway, even at 1,500 K per second, that means I can download a one gigabyte RE in 11 minutes, it's not that bad. A license as i said only takes mere seconds when it works.

Edit, i Realise what you mean now, we are using different divisions, my DSL is connected at 16100 at present. 
Gaja wrote: You're gonna love that change man! I have 100 Mb/s at work and it's a dream come true! I can stream Movies in HD on the cinema screen without any hiccups. That's just fantastic and offers great opportunity for long nights with many movies :) I'll be interested to know whether your authorizer problems change at all. I know you're not holding your breath and I wouldn't, but somewhere in the dark there's always a bit of light.
Yeah basically it will be five times as fast !!!! Can't wait!

I am actually going to move back in with my folks so we have been looking at houses together, we found something perfect and new, all ready to move into but just finalising the formalities...It works out perfect because there is a large bedroom and ensuite downstairs for them, and upstairs I can have a large bedroom and a second living area, which will be converted into, guess what, a music room and mega TV room! Basically they are making the upstairs totally my zone which is awesome.
So I will be very happy, not by myself all the time with my back problems, and be able to help out my folks also when I am well enough....and....it has the bigpond mega cable or whatever it's called available! (grin, every house we checked, i wouldn't even inspect it until i verified it had cable first LOL).
Will rent my house out and enjoy a much easier life without a financial noose around my neck, heck, save on electricity, gas, water, insurance, alarm monitoring, basically i will be able to breathe again and not worry about RE prices so much LOLOLOL. If i ever meet anyone one of these days, then we will re evaluate then. LOL.
The cats will have to live outside at the new place as mum has severe allergies and doesn't want all her furniture clawed as they have done mine, but even that has been worked out brilliantly cause there is a second garage on it's own to the other side of the house, and i will have them a beautiful room all to themselves there, and a cat door to the yard when they want to sunbake. I actually think they will be alot happier there rather than inside all the time. I also found this cool product here http://oscillot.com.au to stop them getting away! (not that i think they will want to, they love daddy too much).

So overall i feel things are looking up, and yes an almost 43 yo going back to live with his ageing parents after 23 yrs alone.. ! Wish me luck ;)

chimp_spanner

25 May 2015

I will admit that loading times are a bit longer than they used to be for me, but I'm talking in the order of 30 seconds instead of 10. I do also have an issue where after I've purchased an Re I've tried, the authorizer writes a new license but when I run Reason without logging in, it's not there. I have to go to the website, go to my products and sync. Then it works. Minor annoyance. But really sorry to hear you're having such huge problems though. I wonder if there's any kind of system and/or network activity/event viewer you can use to see where the bottleneck is occurring?

Gaja

25 May 2015

Take care of yourself man :) moving back with the parents can be very difficult. But I wish you all the best!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

MirEko

25 May 2015

I honestly think this is a location based thing.. I've noticed lots of Australians having this problem.

Would be interesting to see a poll of who this affects and who it does not, and also the country of residence
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Jmax

25 May 2015

Couldn't you just authorize the computer/work station you normally use and don't need to connect to the internet? This is what I do and loads up every time in a second.  Just get rid of your trials or only try them for a couple days then delete them.  Also download the Authorize software and delete whatever you don't want running.

psychasm

25 May 2015

Jmax wrote:Couldn't you just authorize the computer/work station you normally use and don't need to connect to the internet? This is what I do and loads up every time in a second.  Just get rid of your trials or only try them for a couple days then delete them.  Also download the Authorize software and delete whatever you don't want running.
Hi i would love to do that ,unfortunately I can no longer authorise my machine at all unless the props specifically allows me to do so. I am waiting on a response from props and as I have mentioned previously it can take take a while for them to respond. Thanks for all of the suggestions but I have been here before and have tried everything. Also when it does work , it is a breeze and i can fly but this week it's a no-fly-zone for me.
My machine has been authorised many times before and i have run out of attempts to have my machine authorised by myself after the last crash as a result of rolling blackouts which the props server detected as a hardware change. There are no other options except to wait and to just log in online. That means no newl rack extensions for me unless i decide to purchase without trying and hope for the best that no new updates become available and i have to go through the whole thing again with downloading updated licenses , failed attempts , or if i am lucky it might work after a few or unlucky, many attempts without success.

psychasm

27 May 2015

So just for the benefit of someone who may be experiencing similar problems - still no solution. Props has been supplying me with the same answer which is to register my machine as lost. I have just downloaded updates to Mr Overdrive ( 0.6.4 ) as well as T2 Phaser (1.2.3.) Rack extensions are up to date but licenses are not up to date. So all Rack extensions are Useless to me at the moment and have to be content with default devices should i still have any desire to do any work..So far I have 60 paid for extensions which I cannot use. Can anyone recommend the usb ignition key for reliability? Does it always work? If not always , when does it not work so that I can make an informed decision should I decide to purchase or not. I hope that by next week this issue can be resolved and can start working again. At the moment all track building has come to a grinding halt and times are spent typing emails all week long.

Gaja

27 May 2015

I have never experienced any issues with the ignition key. Works like a charm. Always.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

psychasm

27 May 2015

Gaja wrote:I have never experienced any issues with the ignition key. Works like a charm. Always.
Thanks. I hope that goes for everyone else who has it. Are there any other users  who can confirm this?

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2015

Gaja wrote:I have never experienced any issues with the ignition key. Works like a charm. Always.
psychasm wrote: Thanks. I hope that goes for everyone else who has it. Are there any other users  who can confirm this?
Yea, same here, tons of REs, much beta testing for Selig Audio and many others including the Props, much demoing of new products - never a hitch (unless you call the original Authorizer's slow updating process a hitch, but that was addressed many moons ago). I run and work with Reason almost every day, fwiw.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

psychasm

27 May 2015

Okay so now since 18th january 2015 i have been having authoriser issues and finally i have my machine authorised again. that still does not guarantee successfull license updates after trials but no more trials for a long time . It has been 5 months of this already and still now i tried to update licenses with no success. when eventually it does work ,if i decide on something i will not try it but make sure i need it and then just purchase the thing. All i need now is a decent filter unit and seriously considering d-filter. Amazingly now after authorising it now gives me the option of authorising again which means it has not authorised at all. This all happened within writing this paragraph. I will attempt yet again and hope for the best.

psychasm

27 May 2015

Right i am able to use reason again with licenses updated. Hopefully no blackouts while im having a session or else propellerhead server detects a hardware change and and i have to contact props again and if it happens in the same way again , it will be autumn in  asia and springtime in africa by the time i can start working again. I wont be taking any advantage of these bundle sales , not to be negative but because of this authoriser which is also a good thing as i would like to choose which products must be in a bundle of my choice. also there are already products in bundle which i already have and cannot pay twice for something no matter how sweet the deal. Would liked to have gotten the synthetic bundle but already have Glitch , Punch and synchronous installed and not too fond of the sugarbytes stuff include in that bundle. Maybe next time they will have a tasty sale that might tease me into buying something. I reckon an fx only bundle rig because that will include d-filter will spark some interest.

psychasm

27 May 2015

psychasm wrote: Thanks. I hope that goes for everyone else who has it. Are there any other users  who can confirm this?
selig wrote:
Yea, same here, tons of REs, much beta testing for Selig Audio and many others including the Props, much demoing of new products - never a hitch (unless you call the original Authorizer's slow updating process a hitch, but that was addressed many moons ago). I run and work with Reason almost every day, fwiw.

:)
Cool thanks Selig definitely something to look into. What about system crashes? Will that affect the device at all or machine when starting up with device still attached?. I had a client drop off some artwork on an external and i innocently restarted my workstation with the thing still plugged in .It failed to start up even after setting up correct parametres in the bios and landed up re-installing everything as none of the methods which our office manager/ iT guy was attempting to implement worked and had to do a fresh Os install to which our production manager ruled via hatemail " no more externals" and " no more flash drives". Just glad its working now but several hours have now passed and it is already3.5hrs past my bedtime. The trouble i have faced with this whole thing over the last 5 months is mild in comparison with what i have to deal with when i get up for work in 4 hrs.  i would just love to quit my job and make tunes the whole day and with some luck sson at least i might be able to change jobs and possibly make a completely different career move and start from scratch doing something totally different from what i am used to doing because of haters that just looooove to hate. U gotta love them coz they do allow you to change for the better and make you a much stronger , wiser , cleverer and more careful person than without them.

ReasonUser

08 Jun 2015

I've got a very slow internet connection and it took almost 3 hours to 'sync' my studio PC REs over the weekend. If I want to now install the REs on my laptop, can I just copy the RE directory over from one computer to the other and bring my ignition key? Or do I have to download the REs all over again?

arqui

08 Jun 2015

only copy the Re directory.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

ReasonUser

08 Jun 2015

arqui wrote:only copy the Re directory.
Can anyone confirm?  What is the path of the "RE directory"? and just copy it to the new computer and move the ignition key to the new computer? I figured I'd be forced to download all the stuff over again...

Gaja

09 Jun 2015

ReasonUser wrote:
arqui wrote:only copy the Re directory.
ReasonUser wrote:
Can anyone confirm?  What is the path of the "RE directory"? and just copy it to the new computer and move the ignition key to the new computer? I figured I'd be forced to download all the stuff over again...
Copying the RE directory has been reported to work, however they suggest you connect to the internet at least once. I'd say try it out, if that doesn't work, maybe you can move your laptop somewhere with a faster internet connection and sync there.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

electrofux

09 Jun 2015

I used to be able to plug in the usb-key and write my licenses on it and then work with all my REs without an Internet connection. Doesn't work anymore. I have contacted them and the only solution was to install a debug version and get to the ground of it. But at the moment i don't find the issue too pressing to go through that.

psychasm

09 Jun 2015

electrofux wrote:I used to be able to plug in the usb-key and write my licenses on it and then work with all my REs without an Internet connection. Doesn't work anymore. I have contacted them and the only solution was to install a debug version and get to the ground of it. But at the moment i don't find the issue too pressing to go through that.

Thanks for letting us know. I was contemplating on getting the usb key ,only if was a guarantee of authorizer stability. Eventually everything works on my side , after reporting my pc as "being lost" to PROPS for the third time,re-authorising my pc and all of the trial RE's have expired. It should stay like that for the time being and as long as I do not have any RE's on trial and having no system-crash whilst inside of Reason.

davidicus

29 Aug 2015

i'd be inclined to believe it's got nothing to do with connectivity speed or stability. i seem to get license updates fine, and my REs download entirely (according to the progress bar), but then error "DOWNLOAD FAILED." someone with the same issue indicated that installing Reason 7 solved the issue. re-installing 8.3 brought the issue back. after installing a version of Authorizer that generates logs, i did a search and found what looked like licensing errors to my inexpert eyes, so AFAIK this is related to your problem and we are both dealing with a bug.

Props used to be impressively responsive and helpful. i don't know what's going on there, but they've seemed utterly disinterested (or distracted by their iOS apps?) for a while now.

Dave909

01 Sep 2015

That's me :) I'm still not able to download RE's while on 8.3. However, still in a back and forth with support so if i solve it i will post the solution here.

davidicus wrote:i'd be inclined to believe it's got nothing to do with connectivity speed or stability. i seem to get license updates fine, and my REs download entirely (according to the progress bar), but then error "DOWNLOAD FAILED." someone with the same issue indicated that installing Reason 7 solved the issue. re-installing 8.3 brought the issue back. after installing a version of Authorizer that generates logs, i did a search and found what looked like licensing errors to my inexpert eyes, so AFAIK this is related to your problem and we are both dealing with a bug.

Props used to be impressively responsive and helpful. i don't know what's going on there, but they've seemed utterly disinterested (or distracted by their iOS apps?) for a while now.

• Information