Parsec's Vocoder

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

23 May 2015

Hey everyone! So way back when Parsec was first released I downloaded the trial. At the time I was looking for a synth that could produce lush ambient pads and was turned off of Parsec due to its offering of presets. It was not until several months later that I heard that Parsec has a built in vocoder. I have always been disappointed with the vocoder in Reason and was curious if anyone has any sound clips of them using the vocoder in Parsec. Now that Parsec is on sale, this would be about the only reason I'd want to use Parsec, so if someone could show me what it sounds like that would be much much appreciated! 

kloeckno

23 May 2015

I use it live all the time with my band, and it is awesome. You can totally understand what I say almost always. Traditional vocoders are never as easy to understand. I listen to songs from the 70s and 80s with vocoders now and it sounds so primitive. I have some footage from our shows that I'll upload soon if you want to hear it. It does take some tweaking and compression, but Parsec is capable of some great vocoding.

EnochLight

23 May 2015

I find Parsec's vocoder to be much more preferable to the old BV512, but does have a different sound.  If you want that classic robot sound, BV512 may be your best bet.  What Parsec excels at is the ease of use in achieving lush, pad-like vocoding.  I love it, and will likely never go back to BV512.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

K1TTENM1TTEN

23 May 2015

Videos or sound samples would be amazing and appreciated! At $85 it is still a bit of a leap of faith, so if someone could show me some of what they have done with Parsec's vocoder then I would feel a lot better about buying it. Consider this shameless self promotion time, fellas (and ladies), haha! 

dana

23 May 2015

I did this when i first got parsix

http://phead.mu/s/KkEycr20

Also, don't forget predator has a vocoder as well.

EnochLight

24 May 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:Videos or sound samples would be amazing and appreciated! At $85 it is still a bit of a leap of faith, so if someone could show me some of what they have done with Parsec's vocoder then I would feel a lot better about buying it. Consider this shameless self promotion time, fellas (and ladies), haha! 
If you're considering buying Parsec just for the vocoder, then it might be a hard sell.  Parsec is - in addition to being a vocoder - a fanatic synth in its own right.  That said, I get you desire actual audio examples from people.  It's a holiday weekend here - give me some time and I might be able to throw an example together for you.  No promises though!   :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information