Subboombass or just get Predator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Zippyleys

22 May 2015

Nearing end of subboombass trial and was planning to buy but now Predator and Antidote have been discounted I'm thinking I should maybe just get one of those.Dont like having too many synths as I like to get to know them well and think less is more as bought loads of vst's in the past and it just slowed down the creative process.Also is ozone much better than the mclass limiter?

pjeudy

22 May 2015

I would go for the most expensive device that you want that's on sale ! Because it's easier to come up with a smaller amount of cash later then it is to come up with let's say $150 for ANTIDOTE
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Majestik Monkey

22 May 2015

Get [ PREDATOR ] Zippy ..............

It has a Much Darker side to its Synthesis process ! But ' you'd only understand that if you were a Jedi Knight !

Zippyleys

23 May 2015

Thanks people,good advice.Think I'll try out predator and antidote then choose.

Kazz

23 May 2015

I agree, and it's good that you're trying both. I'd also add the Ozone Maximizer to your try list since you were asking about it. You have to decide whether or not it's the best option for you, but a lot of us think it's the best maximizer RE to run your whole mix through.

Kusassa's upcoming maximizer may change some minds though - they've done some great stuff in other areas. :) I doubt that many of us will be unhappy to have the Ozone Maximizer either way though, so if it's on sale now it's worth serious consideration at least.

Edit: I just saw it's on sale for $25...at least to me that's a *very* easy decision. :)

jappe

23 May 2015

I find myself using predator almost in all my projects. I really really like that RE. The huge patch library is wonderful.

• Information