RE's that NEVER go on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pbc278

22 May 2015

Hi,

Just want to make clear that my RE, Mixfood Orange, Will NEVER go on sale. So you can buy it anytime you want for the same price! This also goes for all upcoming RE's I may produce.

I know there are more Developers, so let us know in this thread.

Have a nice weekend...

Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

riemac

22 May 2015

I've got Mixfood Orange and it worth the money, no sale naccasary.

By the way, whats up with Mixfood Unison. Could you show us some more pictures or details of it?

hamu

22 May 2015

Hamu devices will probably never go on any sale.
There's not much more to cut, is there?  :D

I cannot promise this any further than this year to start with, but I'd really surprise myself if I put up anything on sale any time ever, no matter how far into the future...
pbc278 wrote:Hi,

Just want to make clear that my RE, Mixfood Orange, Will NEVER go on sale. So you can buy it anytime you want for the same price! This also goes for all upcoming RE's I may produce.

I know there are more Developers, so let us know in this thread.

Have a nice weekend...

ScuzzyEye

22 May 2015

I'll also state my pricing policy up front.
  1. Everything will be priced reasonably, with regard to how much work was required to make the device.
  2. There will be no sales, so you can rest assured, if you buy when you feel like it, you'll be getting the best price.
  3. Prices may go up if features are added to future versions. But nothing like introductory pricing, if a price goes up, it was because something was added.
  4. There will not be upgrade costs. So again, buying as soon as you find a device you like, will be your best deal.
  5. I will only introduce bundles, after devices have had price increases. The bundled discount will not make the price lower than how it was originally priced. This will be the only case where someone who bought later might end up saving a little over someone who bought in an intermediate period.
I should add one foot note. This is from the perspective of US Dollars. If there are adjustments made for changes in currency values, the dollar amount will be the reference point.

Theo.M

22 May 2015

We all know U-HE will never go on sale in this lifetime, so definitely add that to the list. :)

Hey great topic, after the value of 90% of RE's has been slashed recently, good to see some movement in the opposite direction :)

Faastwalker

22 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:We all know U-HE will never go on sale in this lifetime, so definitely add that to the list. :)
Presumably developers have full control over which of their items go on sale & when. So any developers that have moved on from RE we can add to this list, UH-E being the first that springs to mind (sadly). There are a fair few other developers that don't seem to have much to do with RE these days so no sale there presumably. 

electrochoc (PRX-A)

22 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:We all know U-HE will never go on sale in this lifetime, so definitely add that to the list. :)
From what I remember, there's also Ochen K. and Sonic Charge that may be added to the "devs who never make sales" list.

Ochen K. has opted for a low-price strategy from the starting point, and has clearly stated that he will never make sales in order to prevent all kinds of frustrations a sale can generate (I think he said that somewhere during the PUF days).

Sonic Charge is openly against sales, and prefer to start with lower prices and raise them if upgrades are made on their products. Their principle is to reward early adopters. This way, Echobode had an intro price, something that was labelled as an "experiment", and can be considered a way to have rewarded early adopters. But no further sales are to be expected.

It is interesting to note that both developers, despite being against sales on their individual products, have agreed to include some of their products in the Propellerhead Rigs (Bitspeek for Sonic Charge and Glitch and EDS06s for Ochen K).

Forever inactive developers are also to be added on this list. The only obvious case is Black and Orange: his REs won't ever be on sale, because the dev is just not there anymore to take this kind of initiative...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

electrochoc (PRX-A)

22 May 2015

Faastwalker wrote: Presumably developers have full control over which of their items go on sale & when. So any developers that have moved on from RE we can add to this list, UH-E being the first that springs to mind (sadly). There are a fair few other developers that don't seem to have much to do with RE these days so no sale there presumably. 
If Sugar Bytes ever decide to pay again some attention to the RE world, sales are to be expected, as there are often sales on their VST plug-ins. Meanwhile, I agree with you: Sugar Bytes is a good example of a dev who seems to pay few attention to the RE market, and no sale is to be expected from them in the short run...

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 May 2015

My policies are:

Devices priced according to development time.
No sales.  
Always free updates/upgrades, but base prices might rise slightly with new features.
Bundles will be structured to not screw early adopters.

Really hoping that the shop adds the ability to 'complete this bundle' or allows me to discount items for those that already own devices.

ScuzzyEye

22 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:My policies are:

Devices priced according to development time.
No sales.  
Always free updates/upgrades, but base prices might rise slightly with new features.
Bundles will be structured to not screw early adopters.

Really hoping that the shop adds the ability to 'complete this bundle' or allows me to discount items for those that already own devices.
I like the way you think. ;)

And yeah, if a complete the bundle option is added, I'll probably be a little more generous with the availability of bundled discounts.

The goal is not only to not screw early adopters, but reward them.

Theo.M

23 May 2015

Faastwalker wrote:
Presumably developers have full control over which of their items go on sale & when. So any developers that have moved on from RE we can add to this list, UH-E being the first that springs to mind (sadly). There are a fair few other developers that don't seem to have much to do with RE these days so no sale there presumably. 
in u-he's case this is irrelevant. He has made his pricing strategy clear for all his software regardless of format. He simply doesn't, nor, will ever do sales :)

only an initial one time product release intro price.

craven

28 May 2015

I wish Bitspeek will go on sale some day. I always wanted to have it, but found it a but too expensive. 
:ugeek:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

29 May 2015

craven wrote:I wish Bitspeek will go on sale some day. I always wanted to have it, but found it a but too expensive. 
It won't happen: it's against Sonic Charge's philosophy. But Bitspeek is part of the Synthetic Rig, which contributes to make it a great deal if you're also interested in some of the other devices in it!

steff3

29 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:Really hoping that the shop adds the ability to 'complete this bundle' or allows me to discount items for those that already own devices.
ha, I guess both are not in the AppStore (Apple's AppStore - the mother of all software stores) - so, as long as Apple will not add that ....

I think this is a great attitude - great tools should be worth their price - no need for sales

• Information