FM4 in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2016

Thanks, I'm glad you like 500+ Reasons. Sorry but no I don't have the FM4 patches anymore.

Matter of fact I ended up rather pissed with Primal as they declined to follow traditional Beta practice with a gift of a license for work provided making patches and finding bugs, then had the audacity to ask for my patches so they could give them away to further support themselves. Only one tester got a free license after making a hullabaloo on Facebook. Primal justified by saying he helped drive some sales. Odd as my video had raised a good bit of interest as, clearly they could see, did my patches. Go figure. Anyway, moral of this story is don't work for devs who don't outline the relationship at the start as they are either unprofessional or on the make.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

dvdrtldg

05 Dec 2016

Sorry to hear that. I guess I'll keep buying their gear if it continues to be quality and well priced, but I'm not inclined to give them any further publicity. They sound like absolute dicks

EdGrip

05 Dec 2016

I haven't really been able to make the Acid filter/envelope do 303 in any meaningful way. I think that one's a bit of a dud. PMS-20 and Ladder are great though, so, you win some you lose some.
#givePrimalAudioakicking

Mysterygrimms

05 Dec 2016

Benedict wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like 500+ Reasons. Sorry but no I don't have the FM4 patches anymore.

Matter of fact I ended up rather pissed with Primal as they declined to follow traditional Beta practice with a gift of a license for work provided making patches and finding bugs, then had the audacity to ask for my patches so they could give them away to further support themselves. Only one tester got a free license after making a hullabaloo on Facebook. Primal justified by saying he helped drive some sales. Odd as my video had raised a good bit of interest as, clearly they could see, did my patches. Go figure. Anyway, moral of this story is don't work for devs who don't outline the relationship at the start as they are either unprofessional or on the make.

Yes, I definitely would be bitter about that as well. Seems like the FM4 developers pulled a fast one and that's very unfortunate (If truly the case). Have you gotten a chance to speak to the devs on why they went back on their agreement with you regarding a free license, in exchange for your sound design work? Shame... would of loved to hear your patches for FM4.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

dvdrtldg

05 Dec 2016

I'm going to use FM4 along with their three excellent filters to make a cool song about how Primal Audio suck balls, then get it released as a mega-selling xmas hit single

Exowildebeest

08 Dec 2016

2.0 is here!
New in version 2.0: Eight new routings / 40 new presets.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2016

Benedict wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like 500+ Reasons. Sorry but no I don't have the FM4 patches anymore.

I'm in that same boat dude, did a demo song that showed off a lot of the patches and created a number of patches, did not even get a thanks and they even used a number of my combination patches... list as CM xyz

ho-hum shite happens and life goes on.....

eusti

08 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

I'm in that same boat dude, did a demo song that showed off a lot of the patches and created a number of patches, did not even get a thanks and they even used a number of my combination patches... list as CM xyz

I think they changed their procedure a bit after that, clearly announcing their rules when beta testing the filters...

D.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2016

eusti wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

I think they changed their procedure a bit after that, clearly announcing their rules when beta testing the filters...

D.
That's good to hear, TBH I was not really expecting anything if they did not use anything I produced, but they did and not even a thank you was a little upsetting...

I have done a number of beta RE and sound creation and I'm happy with the relationship that I have had and having with them developers, especially when you say "wouldn't it be nice if the RE had X or Y controls" and in the next build they are there :D

eusti

08 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: That's good to hear, TBH I was not really expecting anything if they did not use anything I produced, but they did and not even a thank you was a little upsetting...

I have done a number of beta RE and sound creation and I'm happy with the relationship that I have had and having with them developers, especially when you say "wouldn't it be nice if the RE had X or Y controls" and in the next build they are there :D
I completely agree: As rewarding as it is to be able to help to shape a new product, it still is appreciated when effective testing (finding bugs, flaws in functions, writing demos and creating patches) is rewarded by free licenses when the product finally gets released...
But I can understand that in some instances the cut from the sales might be too substantial to make that happen...

Sorry for staying OT here...

D.

Mysterygrimms

08 Dec 2016

@Carly(Poohbear) any plans to make a refill with the FM4 patches you already created? If so let me know thanks

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

mataya

08 Dec 2016

I think we can all agree that It's Lectric Panda's turn now. :)

Social Exodus

08 Dec 2016

Free update to 2.0...
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

MDTerps2015

08 Dec 2016

Free update to what???? LOL
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Social Exodus

08 Dec 2016

MDTerps2015 wrote:Free update to what???? LOL
Update v. 2.0.0:
Added 8 new routings.
Added 40 new factory presets.
Bug-fixes.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

MDTerps2015

08 Dec 2016

I got it, lol. I was just in the store a little while ago and I got nothing but updated. TY.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

jonheal

08 Dec 2016

Well, I'll tell you what, version 2.0 still gives Reason's DSP meter a puffy, but it is not stopping Reason dead in its tracks nearly like what the previous version did. Previously, I could get the "computer too slow" alert with a single instance of FM4 with a lot of release time on the operators. I just loaded up three FM4s, maxed out all the the release times, and then mashed the keyboard. It hummed along happily, even with the DSP meter nearly full.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Mysterygrimms

08 Dec 2016

mataya wrote:I think we can all agree that It's Lectric Panda's turn now. :)
Forgot about him. Lectric Panda I hope you're reading this lol.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2016

Mysterygrimms wrote:@Carly(Poohbear) any plans to make a refill with the FM4 patches you already created? If so let me know thanks

I think there should be a couple of good patches in there somewhere LOL, I never got around to leveling them, I mainly used combinators as the FM4 Unison use to kill the DSP (not sure what it is like now), hence I used Reason's Unison instead etc.
FM4.zip
(708.59 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Mysterygrimms

08 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Mysterygrimms wrote:@Carly(Poohbear) any plans to make a refill with the FM4 patches you already created? If so let me know thanks

I think there should be a couple of good patches in there somewhere LOL, I never got around to leveling them, I mainly used combinators as the FM4 Unison use to kill the DSP (not sure what it is like now), hence I used Reason's Unison instead etc.
FM4.zip
Thanks Carly(Poohbear) I appreciate it. I'm gonna play with these patches tomorrow for sure!

manisnotabird

09 Dec 2016

Sad that the FM4, unlike the TX81Z, doesn't let you set the operators at fixed frequencies.

dioxide

09 Dec 2016

manisnotabird wrote:Sad that the FM4, unlike the TX81Z, doesn't let you set the operators at fixed frequencies.
I hadn't noticed that. Strange that they didn't include it.

Data_Shrine

09 Dec 2016

I remember emailing them, that there was no manual for one of their filters, I got no reply but a few weeks or so later, a manual showed up on their webpage in PDF form. Before that, the functions were only explained on the webpage itself. No big deal but I just felt like.. it was odd. Anyway I like their products so far, I have the filters but not FM4, as I already have a DX7, Dexed and Ableton Operator.

Sorry about you guys that got shafted with no communication from them whatsoever.

Catblack

09 Dec 2016

Hmmn, I noted the price at $19, today it's $25. (I've got it noted that the base price was $39, so they raised the base price while keeping it 50% off.)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

xylyx

10 Dec 2016

Yep, I noticed the price change as well...still undecided whether to go for it or not. I am definitely going to get Noxious and don't own PX7, so it's tempting but do I really need an FM synth? I must admit, if I knew Mr Panda was going to do one of his refill specials for it then I would be swayed...

• Information