Synapse Fat Space In THE SHOP

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Yonatan

18 May 2015

Looks tempting...

Alkua

18 May 2015

Synapse Should give a upgrade price for owner of DR-1 Deep Reverb, because look like a upgrade version.

Attachments
DR-1.png
DR-1.png (104.07 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

pjeudy

18 May 2015

I really want to try this A.S.A.P...Although it doesn't look like ur standard reverb....but I suspect that this might have the lushness of Deep reverb and then some! Fingers crossed! Super exited !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

-008'

18 May 2015

Alkua wrote:Synapse Should give a upgrade price for owner of DR-1 Deep Reverb, because look like a upgrade version.

It's a completely different device, and it achieves its reverb in a different way from DR1 (and others).
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Ocean of Waves

18 May 2015

Alkua wrote:Synapse Should give a upgrade price for owner of DR-1 Deep Reverb, because look like a upgrade version.

pjeudy

18 May 2015

I took a listen at the demo audio... I didn't hear... how the tail of this reverb sound the way I want to, for example with a single clap or snare hit or even a quick vocal.

Yes I does sound fat and thick my kind of reverb... but It seems to be one of those devices you really need to play with your self.

upgrade DR1 jokes a side... has someone demoed it ? What are your opinion on the sound... and parameter set ?
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Ocean of Waves

18 May 2015

You're right, the demo's sounded very generic to me and didn't convince me this device is as spectacular as advertised. I'll try it out soon enough and hear for myself.

Yonatan

18 May 2015

Well, I find the usual edm demos on reverb rather limited. You have to try it on acoustic instruments and voices etc,
and I guess the only way to know if this is awesome, is to try it out in ones own songs. But I better wait
until the price is more on my level, because I know how hard it can be to part from real goodies.

Prints

18 May 2015

I like the demos. This would've been an instabuy with an introductory discount of some sort. I can't wait to trial it when I get home.

joeyluck

18 May 2015

Is there a way to get it so the tail doesn't cut off so abruptly? Even with the length at full, the reverb suddenly cuts out. It sounds unnatural. I'm using Reason 7.1.2.

pjeudy

18 May 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:You're right, the demo's sounded very generic to me and didn't convince me this device is as spectacular as advertised. I'll try it out soon enough and hear for myself.
agreed!
I know synapse is no joke at coding. .. but the amount of parameters and what the demo showed didn't make me have the reaction I have when I first tried DEEP REVEB.DR1 is what I was thinking would be even more awesome had they included all the parameters of the RV7000.

I'm a few hours from any computer :-) for now im relying on you guy's feedback.

P.S: does anyone know if this is a true stereo reverb ?

Concep

18 May 2015

I agree about the demos.  All the tails seem to cut off very fast, like they used the same settings on each example.  Would love to hear this compared to other reverb on acoustic materials.

selig
RE Developer

18 May 2015

This is a unique and IMO useful device, much like the old quantec room simulator or AMS non-lin 2 algorithm. 

As far as I can tell it's not 'true' stereo, but thanks to Reason's ability to patch around issues such as this its' quite simple to create your own true stereo Combinator if that's important to one's work/project. 

In many cases I prefer a reverb like this to be more mono so it doesn't overtake the entire stereo spread, which is what the width control takes care of perfectly IMO.

The length control works similarly to the AMS non-lin2 algorithm and similar, but it's the shape control that really sets this apart from other similar effects. Setting Shape to it's max makes this work VERY similarly to the AMS algorithm, which is a more sophisticated version of the classic gated reverb effect. It is more sophisticated in that it does not use a gate for this effect - rather it creates a reverb that doesn't decay, with each sound coming into the device being reverberated according to the length setting. In other words, since there's no actual gate involved, you can feed multiple sources to this device without it keeping the gate open and therefore destroying the effect. 

Other standouts are the reverse mode (cool with lower shape settings), the tempo sync for pre-delay, and the high/low filters. 

Don't let the single algorithm fool you into thinking this is a limited device, but also know that it's effect may not be for everyone. While it can easily recreate the famous 80s sounds, because of the shape control you can also create more natural small room ambiences - try higher lengths with lower shape settings, adding some Hi Cut for a more natural room ambience sound.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

pjeudy

18 May 2015

Thanks for the explanation Selig! Next time I sit with this devices I'll have a better frame of reference and perspective!

gak

18 May 2015

Something to try later on, but right now I see nothing exciting about it.

Exowildebeest

18 May 2015

I'm pleasantly surprised! Wonderful room/medium sized warehouse sound, with interesting control over the decay shape.

It's not for huge spaces though, if you're looking for that, get DR-1 from Synapse.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Is there a way to get it so the tail doesn't cut off so abruptly? Even with the length at full, the reverb suddenly cuts out. It sounds unnatural.
Have you tried it, or just listened to the audio demos?

To me, that abrupt-cut-off sound interesting... Unnatural, yes, but a good use of it could be made in experimental contexts. In fact, the possibility to shape the envelop tail is to me very appealing, and I see the audio demos as a good demonstration of the "weird" potential of that reverb!

What I'd like to know is if this reverb can be set to also sound in a more natural way...

Edit: that somewhat answers to my question:
Exowildebeest wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised! Wonderful room/medium sized warehouse sound, with interesting control over the decay shape.

It's not for huge spaces though, if you're looking for that, get DR-1 from Synapse.
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

ArcoZ

18 May 2015

Reverb is pretty fine but.... after testing I think I can get pretty similar results with RV7000 so .... not this time.
AD 480 gives more extra stuff.
BTW I'm still waiting for 480 sales.

joeyluck

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Is there a way to get it so the tail doesn't cut off so abruptly? Even with the length at full, the reverb suddenly cuts out. It sounds unnatural.
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:
Have you tried it, or just listened to the audio demos?

To me, that abrupt-cut-off sound interesting... Unnatural, yes, but a good use of it could be made in experimental contexts. In fact, the possibility to shape the envelop tail is to me very appealing, and I see the audio demos as a good demonstration of the "weird" potential of that reverb!

What I'd like to know is if this reverb can be set to
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:also
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote: sound in a more natural way...

Edit: that somewhat answers to my question:
Exowildebeest wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised! Wonderful room/medium sized warehouse sound, with interesting control over the decay shape.

I have tried it. I suppose I was misled by the name "Fat Space." Perhaps another "Graphic EQ" moment...Hehe.

Thank you to Selig for the explanation. Was just trying to figure out if it was a bug or if I was missing something. It simply sounds like a reverb with a gate on it. How that effect is achieved is irrelevant to me, as the listener hears it this way. Just not the particular reverb for me.

That said, sounds nice for it's intended result.
Just not what I was looking for...

moofi

18 May 2015

I find the algorithm itself to have an astonishingly low impact for a room reverb. Even the DR-1 is stronger in that regard, miles away from TSAR-1. Saying Fat Space appears to be more like a Soft Space ;-) The shaping possibility including a reverse option is pleasant, overall soundwise I find it much less pleasing even more so in regards to its pricetag.

Btw using the shapeparameter can get rid off that very sudden decay. The tail being limited to 800ms, it of course still wouldn´t allow for longersounding verbs. Then it´s most likely not what it has been created for.

pjeudy

18 May 2015

OK Again..thanks to Selig..for broadening my point of view...finally infront of my computer now..and did a qucik search on "non-lin 2 algorithm"
One of my first video searches took me hear....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZR0Y8KkiyA

link below fast forward to 2:12 seconds
https://youtu.be/sOObrAefaAA?t=2m16s

ProfessaKaos

19 May 2015

Cool Reverb with a different vibe.
Would love a "Sync Pre Delay" feature on the DR-1 Deep Reverb, this feature would most welcome on all Reverbs IMO.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

mind2069

19 May 2015

ProfessaKaos wrote:Cool Reverb with a different vibe.
Would love a "Sync Pre Delay" feature on the DR-1 Deep Reverb, this feature would most welcome on all Reverbs IMO.
Yup and I wonder why they never make the "decay, tail" syncable too

• Information