AudioRealism's ABL3 Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
hydlide

07 Jun 2015

I came back yesterday evening from Crete (Greece) and I threw the following piece together. Just for fun... All sound effects are done with ABL3 (not the drums).

thefixr

08 Jun 2015

I came back yesterday evening from Crete (Greece) and I threw the following piece together. Just for fun... All sound effects are done with ABL3 (not the drums).

That was insane! Great work!
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

Yay, I made this:

Obviously all the melodic stuff is ABL3s but I can't vouch for where the weird sh!t came from :t0305:

Exowildebeest

09 Jun 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:Yay, I made this:

Obviously all the melodic stuff is ABL3s but I can't vouch for where the weird sh!t came from :t0305:
This is my favourite so far :)

But next time, there should be a rule against having Simon Posford ghost produce :P

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:

But next time, there should be a rule against having Simon Posford ghost produce :P
Thanks muchly Beestyboy! I had to look up Simon Posford as the name was new to me - consequently I don't get the reference. I am pleased that you like the track though.

Slightly off topic: If I look out of my window right now the London Eye is glowing red in the night time sky across the street from me. Mrs Grumbleweed is sitting happily on the hotel bed as we celebrate 25 years of married life.
Life is good :) .

Grum.

logicalpocket

09 Jun 2015

Hi guys,

Been working one this one for a couple of weeks now. I've tried to move through a few different genre tropes to give the synth a full workout.

https://soundcloud.com/dubious/its-like ... -on-acid-1 

Everything has barring the drums and the sax has been created using Abl3.

Hope you enjoy it. Heard some really strong entries so far :)
Blep

Exowildebeest

09 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:

Grumbleweed wrote: Thanks muchly Beestyboy! I had to look up Simon Posford as the name was new to me - consequently I don't get the reference. I am pleased that you like the track though. Slightly off topic: If I look out of my window right now the London Eye is glowing red in the night time sky across the street from me. Mrs Grumbleweed is sitting happily on the hotel bed as we celebrate 25 years of married life. Life is good :) . Grum.
Congrats!

If you make music like this, I'm pretty sure you'll like Shpongle and Younger Brother. Same kind of playfulness and weirdness while staying deeply musical.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

09 Jun 2015

Wow, you guys are making our job difficult with all of these incredible submissions  :t2018:
There are just over 2 days left so don't hesitate if you're entering this contest.
ImageImageImage

Puckboy2000

09 Jun 2015

Arrant wrote:My entry is in as well. Thanks Noel and Audiorealism for the contest :)

Some really tough competition going on as well, good work guys!

Great Track!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Kategra

10 Jun 2015

Now this is a synth I will not drool over :)

Lunesis

10 Jun 2015

Kategra wrote:Now this is a synth I will not drool over :)
Well then obviously you have no business being in this thread ;)

wilson75

11 Jun 2015

Here is my contribution:

Code: Select all

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/kingsofdemocracy/no-acid-rain[/soundcloud_track]

FATCheese

11 Jun 2015

wilson75 wrote:Here is my contribution:

Great song! :)
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

hightrancesea

11 Jun 2015

Hey guys! Heard about this contest a while back via a retweet from Propellerhead and finally got around to finishing up my track; it was fun and a great chance for me to futz around with some new ideas.  Deadlines also give me incentive to actually get stuff done. :P

Anyway, I wasn't sure if I needed an account on here for the contest, so I registered one anyway and now here I am.  

Exowildebeest

11 Jun 2015

hightrancesea wrote:Hey guys! Heard about this contest a while back via a retweet from Propellerhead and finally got around to finishing up my track; it was fun and a great chance for me to futz around with some new ideas.  Deadlines also give me incentive to actually get stuff done. :P

Anyway, I wasn't sure if I needed an account on here for the contest, so I registered one anyway and now here I am.  

Welcome! Seems like these contests are also good for the forum :)

mattpiper

11 Jun 2015

Thank you AudioRealism and Noel for the challenge to make something! Here is what I came up with:

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/mattpiper/kangaroo-rat-shindig[/soundcloud_track]

Mmj85

12 Jun 2015

Just Added My Track, Go Check It Out :) Hope You All Enjoy It :)

thefixr

12 Jun 2015

thefixr wrote: I threw in for this. I got lucky and was finishing up this track right before I saw the contest announcement. 

Exowildebeest wrote:
That's an excellent track for a bank heist sequence in an action movie :D
Funny you put it that way. Check out the subtitle of one of my videos:

That definitely the type of sound and feel that I am going for a lot of times. Thanks for the feedback!
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-06-12_at_12.54.02_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-06-12_at_12.54.02_PM.png (135.46 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Ronin

12 Jun 2015

hydlide wrote: I came back yesterday evening from Crete (Greece) and I threw the following piece together. Just for fun... All sound effects are done with ABL3 (not the drums).

holy shit dude, you absolute legend, that was awesome!

I had a quick try, but i dont know CV stuff and couldnt get anywhere near to the level of the tracks in this thread.
Good work peeps, some great acid/psy ambient whatever stuff, taking me back to illegal raves in the 90s in fields :)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Jun 2015

Alright!  The final count is 39 awesome songs.  You guys did a great job showcasing the ABL3.   :s0230: :s0547:
We will get back to you in less than a week to announce the winners.  Good luck.
ImageImageImage

frog974new

12 Jun 2015

Noel G. wrote: Alright!  The final count is 39 awesome songs.  You guys did a great job showcasing the ABL3.   :s0230: :s0547:
We will get back to you in less than a week to announce the winners.  Good luck.
good lucks for the Judges , there's too many great amazing and quality tracks again with this contest.^^

sinusfiction

13 Jun 2015

wilson75 wrote:Here is my contribution:

Code: Select all

[soundcloud_track]http://soundcloud.com/kingsofdemocracy/no-acid-rain[/soundcloud_track] 
Wow, this is great! Very nice production.
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

sinusfiction

13 Jun 2015

So I managed to completely miss this thread. Had no idea of any contest... Anyway, I did produce a track released today made with mostly ABL3's (great device), so i figured I could post it here as well... Hope you like it!

Not ABL: drums/percussion, pads, voices. Also used a lot of FX :)
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

joeyluck

13 Jun 2015

Of all the song competitions, I think this one is my favorite :)

It's really cool to hear how folks are using the ABL3.
Lots of creative stuff.

And not to say I don't like the other competitions, I just enjoy this one more.

Competitions with some other synths and romplers which are packed with presets and a vast collection of different sounds; it's sometimes hard to tell a competition song (specific to a device) from anything else. And it's hard to tell exactly what's going on based on an audio file. 

This however, even though people are making the 303 in some cases sound not like a 303, I can at least know in my mind exactly what they are using, and that is cool :)

joeyluck

13 Jun 2015

I didn't submit a song to the competition, but here is a song I made with the ABL3 :)

All bass/synth sounds: ABL3
Drums: Peff - Kong 808
Effects used: Echobode, Futzbox, Scream 4, Pulveriser, Audiomatic, Uhbik G, Glitch Effect 

• Information